The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

Barry is my dad, Sheldon is a second or third cousin, I've never met him.
Barry's stats:1975-76 The Pass Red Devils AJHL 31 0 26 1445 155 0 0 6.44 921 0.856 That is a GAA of 6.44, Sv% of .856...and 26PIM! Remind me to never ever screw with your dad.

What do you guys think is the chance of Devan becoming the #1 there next year?Problem is Khahbi is signed for next year and 12-13. I cant see anyone trading for Nik, but you never know I guess.My best guess is next year its a very even split. Year after is when they decide if DD is worthy of being a #1, and signing him accordingly.

Yeah, Devan has one more year after this on his current contract, so they will be making some kind of decision regarding him after next season. I suspect he will get resigned to some sort of contract regardless, barring a truly terrible season, but his next contract will be his last with RFA status, so if he has a good one, he may end up getting a decent, longer term contract, which would be pretty awesome.

Taylor Hall is going to be a hell of a player. The impact he makes, shift in and shift out, is pretty remarkable for an 18 year old. If he ever learns to slow the game down when he has the puck, he will be a top 5-10 scorer for his whole career.

Taylor Hall is going to be a hell of a player. The impact he makes, shift in and shift out, is pretty remarkable for an 18 year old. If he ever learns to slow the game down when he has the puck, he will be a top 5-10 scorer for his whole career.
Yeh, he really does have a ton of moves, but your comment about slowing it down is super valid. He's already proven he can score goals and set them up, so he has now to learn to control pace better. Many great scorers had/have that ability. Great point.
why are they playing at 11:00am does this help the over or the under.
Noon, if I understand time zones, but it's still early. Earliest games are usually the 12:30 NBC games, which I guess could be 11:30 if it's Chi/Det or something.
Nikolai Khabibulin has lost 14 games in a row.ALL of them in regulation.WOW.
Stop the presses he is about to win a game.
  • 2 weeks later...

shit. I was worried when he went down last night. It didn't look good.The oilers lineup is hilariously bad right now with Penner gone, and Hemsky and Hall injured.

I heard on the way home, Glenn Healey said something to the effect how Devan was not that good.Healey is a fool.
what? Do I need another reason to hate Healey? gee, he only got second star, and completely kept them in the game in the first period stopping two breakaways + a penalty shot, plus shut the door on several quality scoring chances in the dying minutes with the score 3-2.