The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

Comments by Ellis:That’s just the kind of person he is.”I personally liked it...Ellis is the one who should be embarrased.
That seems kind of rich considering that Ellis probably never really met him before.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

More comments by Lightning players:"A ... joke," left wing Ryan Malone(notes) said. Asked if it was disrespectful, defenseman Mattias Ohlund(notes) said, "AbsolutelyI dont get how its disrespectful. Its one thing to go all cocky like Subban and say you are going to win the cup in your first game in the NHL, its another to score an exciting goal that was well within the rules...God forbid some player does something exciting , the fans LOVED it obviously.
Did you think Subban was serious when he said that? Really?Serge, I'd like to hear your reasoning as to how you have no issue with this goal yet you accuse the Flyers of being classless for calling a timeout against the Leafs?

I don't think the Omark shootout goal was too outlandish. For Ellis to say it was bushleague, he should have closed up that 5 hole and it would have been no story at all.

I don't think the Omark shootout goal was too outlandish. For Ellis to say it was bushleague, he should have closed up that 5 hole and it would have been no story at all.
It would have been hilarious if he bobbled the puck while skating backwards over the blueline and they called him for offside. :club:
Did you think Subban was serious when he said that? Really?Serge, I'd like to hear your reasoning as to how you have no issue with this goal yet you accuse the Flyers of being classless for calling a timeout against the Leafs?
Irrelevant...

I don't think it was disrespectful, more foolish than anything. It didn't really accomplish anything, and he would have looked like an idiot if he fumbled the puck. He is a flashy player though and I'm sure he wanted to 'make his mark' in his first game, which he definitely did.Apparently, when he hopped over the boards to take his shot, he looked back at the bench and said "don't worry boys, I got this", which is pretty hilarious/awesome.

I don't think it was disrespectful, more foolish than anything. It didn't really accomplish anything, and he would have looked like an idiot if he fumbled the puck. He is a flashy player though and I'm sure he wanted to 'make his mark' in his first game, which he definitely did.Apparently, when he hopped over the boards to take his shot, he looked back at the bench and said "don't worry boys, I got this", which is pretty hilarious/awesome.
That is pretty awesome..Babe Ruth like even.
Love to hear the inside info on this.
I don't think it was disrespectful, more foolish than anything. It didn't really accomplish anything, and he would have looked like an idiot if he fumbled the puck.
Agree with this mostly but I wonder if he'd be doing that against a team he'd play against more often.
Hey Dubey, were you at the game?Are you going tomorrow?
I wasn't there last night but I will be there tomorrow. I went to the Leafs game in Edmonton last year and I have no interest in going to another. I end up sitting with other oilers family so I can't cheer (outwardly) for the Leafs and it is very uncomfortable, hehe.I'll be wearing my 'Flames Suck' T-shirt (yes, I actually have one of these) underneath my Leafs Jersey and cheering loudly for the Leafs. Going with a group of guys who are all Leafs fans so we should be able to get some good cheers going.
I wasn't there last night but I will be there tomorrow. I went to the Leafs game in Edmonton last year and I have no interest in going to another. I end up sitting with other oilers family so I can't cheer (outwardly) for the Leafs and it is very uncomfortable, hehe.I'll be wearing my 'Flames Suck' T-shirt (yes, I actually have one of these) underneath my Leafs Jersey and cheering loudly for the Leafs. Going with a group of guys who are all Leafs fans so we should be able to get some good cheers going.
Lol thats awesome..I guess sitting next to Mrs Bulin Wall and cheering for Kessel to score doesnt go over well..:)Not sure what to expect tomorrow, but hopefully it will be like our semi home game last night..The chants of GO LEAFS GO, LETS GO OILERS in unison was amazing. It had the atmosphere of a crazy soccer game..Loved it....Not sure how the Flames fans will treat Dion..He didnt ask to leave Calgary, he was traded. He has been class all along talking about his old team.
Lol thats awesome..I guess sitting next to Mrs Bulin Wall and cheering for Kessel to score doesnt go over well..:)Not sure what to expect tomorrow, but hopefully it will be like our semi home game last night..The chants of GO LEAFS GO, LETS GO OILERS in unison was amazing. It had the atmosphere of a crazy soccer game..Loved it....Not sure how the Flames fans will treat Dion..He didnt ask to leave Calgary, he was traded. He has been class all along talking about his old team.
There is always a great turnout for Leafs Fans iN Calgary. I imagine Phaneuf will get Booed loudly, regardless of whether he deserves it.
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Dubey the goalie tonight on the win and being named first star....oh and crushing the souls of Adam and Wayne..:club:

Doing a lighting job for a private party for the team and owners in about 3 hours.Are they any good?
Not good this year...One of the worst teams in the league..Tell him you know a guy that know a guy that knows Devan Dubnyk's brother..
Doing a lighting job for a private party for the team and owners in about 3 hours.Are they any good?
No. However, most of their talent is young (because they've sucked) and they will be good. Get on board now and you may be rewarded in about 5 years.
No. However, most of their talent is young (because they've sucked) and they will be good. Get on board now and you may be rewarded in about 5 years.
Nice, I watched a few of them tee off while setting up the party. They are very young, and many were surprisingly good golfers.Not one Happy Gilmore though...not one! :icon_frown:Add on:Well, that was one loud group of cussing and drinking guys. Wives and children being there didn't stop the F bomb from being thrown all over, and I was stuck in my van waiting for 40 minutes and could hear them from at least 30 years away.It only got down to the 50s last night so they stayed late. I was freezing.They mention this party in the Toronto Sun and Yahoo