The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

Oh man, Dubey almost scored tonight. Perry's empty netter on his own net, was damn near last touched by Dubnyk, but that selfish Tom Gilbert deflected it behind the night right to Perry first, who then shot it all the way down the ice.

Good weekend for Dev. 1-0-1. 82 SOG, 5 GA. .939 svp.Only negative was getting beat by the same shootout move approx. 17 times against phoenix.
Does he study film of players' shootout moves?
Does he study film of players' shootout moves?
Not sure actually, I'd have to ask him.I imagine teams have been scouting him though, because he has been beaten 5 times by the same move this season in the shootout.
Good weekend for Dev. 1-0-1. 82 SOG, 5 GA. .939 svp.Only negative was getting beat by the same shootout move approx. 17 times against phoenix.
Yeah, I caught the Phx shootout. It was ridiculously blatant, do you think he saw that coming? Has that been some kind of perceived weakness for him?He played great in the game though, and what little I saw against Ana, looked just as good.
Yeah, I caught the Phx shootout. It was ridiculously blatant, do you think he saw that coming? Has that been some kind of perceived weakness for him?He played great in the game though, and what little I saw against Ana, looked just as good.
Well, he got beat by that move twice against Columbus, so Phoenix must have reviewed those tapes. Prior to this, no, he has actually been a stellar shootout goalie. I'd have to look for the stats, but I know last year in the NHL he was above 75%, and his AHL numbers were very good too, although I don't have those.
his career AHL shootout save percentage is .759. 60 saves on 79 attempts.I think this is good? but I'm actually not really sure.
dont know either.my point wasnt so much that I thought he was bad/good, just like what you noticed, they all went to one spot. I wasnt sure if that spot (high blocker side) was something he had had issues with before.

Devan Dubnyk, G, Edmonton Oilers2010/11/23: Devan Dubnyk has stopped 77 of 82 shots over his last two contests. Dubnyk has been solid replacement for the injured Nikolai Khabibulin, although it's still too early to rush to any judgements. Edmonton has allowed 35.6 shots per game so far this season, which means that any goaltender will have a tough time maintaining a respectable GAA in Edmonton. Dubnyk currently has a 2.76 GAA despite also being the owner of an excellent .929 save percentage. (Source: Edmonton Sun)

• 2 weeks later...

How is the goalie situation looking for the next two games Dubey?Was hoping Devan shuts out the Scrabs tonight and then we get Gerber and shellack him..

Yeah Dev's in tonight. Not sure about tomorrow. It's interesting that Khabbi is back but not playing tonight. Dev figured he would be splitting these two games with Khabbi, a little strange that they are giving Devan the Habs game, which would be percieved by most as the tougher of the two games. Maybe they want to ease Khabbi back into the lineup.

Yeah Dev's in tonight. Not sure about tomorrow. It's interesting that Khabbi is back but not playing tonight. Dev figured he would be splitting these two games with Khabbi, a little strange that they are giving Devan the Habs game, which would be percieved by most as the tougher of the two games. Maybe they want to ease Khabbi back into the lineup.
That works..I wont have to feel bad when we shellack Edmonton...

I am really hoping we see Khabbi tonight and his phenomenal 4.07 GAA and .880...Hopefully after last nights win Dubey will be resting on the bench and enjoying the shellacking..Unfortunately he shouldnt get too comfortable as The Bulin Curb tends to get pulled after 5 or 6

I am really hoping we see Khabbi tonight and his phenomenal 4.07 GAA and .880...Hopefully after last nights win Dubey will be resting on the bench and enjoying the shellacking..Unfortunately he shouldnt get too comfortable as The Bulin Curb tends to get pulled after 5 or 6
5 or 6? Are the Leafs playing 3 games?
I thought that Omark goal was kind of cool in the shootout.
I just came to post the link..It was really cool...Apparently not everyone is happy about it..http://bleedingallblue.blogspot.com/2010/1...-o-rama-in.htmlComments by Ellis:It’s embarrassing for him. You come into a league, a respectful league like this, and you try a little move like that. It’s not a very classy thing. That’s just the kind of person he is.”I personally liked it...Ellis is the one who should be embarrased.

More comments by Lightning players:"A ... joke," left wing Ryan Malone(notes) said. Asked if it was disrespectful, defenseman Mattias Ohlund(notes) said, "AbsolutelyI dont get how its disrespectful. Its one thing to go all cocky like Subban and say you are going to win the cup in your first game in the NHL, its another to score an exciting goal that was well within the rules...God forbid some player does something exciting , the fans LOVED it obviously.