The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

Awesome..Didnt realize he played for the Wilkes Barre Penguins for a few games..Was he Penguin property or was he just lent to them??
Edmonton had a season where they didn't have their own AHL affiliate, so they had a couple teams take guys. I think Rob Schremp played in WBS too.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

whew, that was exciting. I think he played awesome. I didn't love either of the goals against, but they weren't terrible, and he kept them in the game for the rest of it.

Pretty interesting that Raffi Torres became the first ex Oiler to score a hat trick against his former team.Pretty weird considering the quality of players that have been ex Oilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice.I gotta tell you, Im really rooting for your bro there. Im liking his chances more and more of slowly becoming the #1 there over time, even though Khahbi had started this season off really well.

Was Devan hurt or sick? Or do they just want to punish The Bulin mini wall...??
I seriously need to bench his ass until he works his way out of this funk. Holy Horrible Stats Batman.
Was Devan hurt or sick? Or do they just want to punish The Bulin mini wall...??
Nope, Devan was fine.I'm not sure why they didn't pull Khabbi. 18 goals against on his last ~70 shots. I assume Devan will get the next start, but who knows.

Some fun Khabbi stats from TwoLinePass:

I know this encompasses more than just the weekend, but in his last 127:19, Nikolai Khabibulin has allowed 18 goals on 73 shots. A .753 save percentage. An 8.48 GAA.
Man, Khabbi has been unreal bad in the last little bit. Well, I say that without watching the games, certainly possible that the entire team defense has been awful, but I dunno.
on the positive side, the guy we're rooting for has some pretty awesome stats.
Man, Khabbi has been unreal bad in the last little bit. Well, I say that without watching the games, certainly possible that the entire team defense has been awful, but I dunno.
In their game against the Rangers, most of the goals were from awful defense (giveaways to players completely open in the slot, allowing Gaborik to have several open-ice breakaways where he has several strides on the defense, etc). But it's not as if he's bailing out his D.

16 SOG 1 GA in relief of Khabbi last night. Looked a little shaky early in the third, was scrambling a bit, but settled down quickly and looked very solid the rest of the way.2.99 GAA and .923 SP so far this season.

16 SOG 1 GA in relief of Khabbi last night. Looked a little shaky early in the third, was scrambling a bit, but settled down quickly and looked very solid the rest of the way.2.99 GAA and .923 SP so far this season.
Gotta be good for the next game start, right?