The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

Edmonton is 3-0 vs Detriot and looking to sweep the season series. This would be the only team we did this to this season.
Damn what a game. Thank god Edmonton is not going to the playoffs because they would kill us in a 4 game series. Good test for the boys though.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

Edmonton clinched 30th with that loss to Detriot. After taking the first 37 minutes off they figured they try and make a game of it, scoring 4 goals to tie it. Wings got one with about a minute left. Somehing about facing the Red Wings the brings the Oilers A+ game out.

Par the standard course from the last 4+ years Dallas beats us in Dallas. 6-3 final. D-zone breakdown are killing the goalies Save % and GAA.Another Oiler goes down as Brule left midway through the game with an undisclosed injury. This is also par the standar course for the season sadly. Could be a open door for Jordan Eberle though, would be nice to get a NHL look at him against one of the better teams in the west

Those same words were said to Sidney Crosby before he was drafted. Look how that turned out
Pittsburgh's a nicer city than Edmonton. :)Edmonton has more future I think, though, than Pittsburgh did when Sid was drafted, although they did have Malkin.
Pittsburgh's a nicer city than Edmonton. :)Edmonton has more future I think, though, than Pittsburgh did when Sid was drafted, although they did have Malkin.
Crosby is/was a much much better player than Hall though :club:
Linus Omark signed a two year deal with the Oil, I'm excited to see what he can do in the NHL.
Is he from an island in the pacific, with Others???
Is he from an island in the pacific, with Others???
I'm like 90% sure this is sarcasm but Linus Omark is from Sweden. This is not what the team needs however. This guy is 5'11 188lbs, another small foward on an already small team loaded with small prospects. Alot of teams beat Edmonton by basiclly pushing us around whenever they wanted. Thats why we always do well vs Detriot, they do not play a physical game.
I'm like 90% sure this is sarcasm but Linus Omark is from Sweden. This is not what the team needs however. This guy is 5'11 188lbs, another small foward on an already small team loaded with small prospects. Alot of teams beat Edmonton by basiclly pushing us around whenever they wanted. Thats why we always do well vs Detriot, they do not play a physical game.
Buffalo will take him if you don't want him. You can have Mancari, he's big. Actually, Buffalo had a prime opportunity to get a small skilled forward when Colorado waived TJ Hensick in the fall, I still can't believe he cleared.

The Oilers website has a Draft Lottery simulator. I'd post the link but I'm on my phone. Anyway, here's the order I got...1. Florida Panthers2. Edmonton Oilers3. Boston Bruins (from Toronto Maple Leafs)4. Tampa Bay Lightning5. Columbus Blue Jackets

Order of selection: 1. Florida Panthers 2. Edmonton Oilers 3. Boston Bruins (from Toronto) 4. Tampa Bay Lightning 5. Columbus Blue Jackets

I got:1. Edmonton Oilers2. Boston Bruins (from Toronto)3. Tampa Bay Lightning4. Florida Panthers5. Minnesota Wild (win lottery)

Sheldon Souray wants a tradeYet ANOTHER player wants out. WTF is fair trade value for this cry baby?
Steve Austin's bionic arm, shoulder and heart. Why would anyone want out of Edmonton now, unless it's just a horrifically unworkable environment? Add Eberle, MPS and Hall/Seguin to this years squad of pretty good young players and you've got something worth watching imo. Makes me want to vomit everytime I consider that we turned away 4 consecutive Edmonton 1st round picks for Vanek.
Steve Austin's bionic arm, shoulder and heart. Why would anyone want out of Edmonton now, unless it's just a horrifically unworkable environment? Add Eberle, MPS and Hall/Seguin to this years squad of pretty good young players and you've got something worth watching imo. Makes me want to vomit everytime I consider that we turned away 4 consecutive Edmonton 1st round picks for Vanek.
Thank god your GM was pissed off and not level-headed when he matched the offer sheet. I bet he wishes he didn't because we would be ****ed

1. Florida Panthers 2. Edmonton Oilers 3. Boston Bruins (from Toronto) 4. Columbus Blue Jackets 5. New York Islanders