I can still remember roughly where I'm at so it's not the end of this thread.Tonight took 3rd in a $36 180 and so far bricked everything else. I feel like I played really well, just ran horribly. With the 180 score I'm guaranteed to be at least + $9.81 for the session.1 tabling SCOOP 8 - L with 25k at 350/700.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For various reasons I've barely played this week. I haven't played nearly as many SCOOPS as I intended to and I've not really put in a proper session. So far SCOOP is not going well - I've managed 1 min cash in a low event.However starting tomorrow it's gonna be back to the grind and I am gonna play every SCOOP I intended to before the series as well as the miniftops events.

However starting tomorrow it's gonna be back to the grind and I am gonna play every SCOOP I intended to before the series as well as the miniftops events.
Good luck!I wish I could play, but unfortunately I'm flying to the continent on wednesday and as far as I know, online poker is illegal there :SAt least I can still check the forum and enjoy reading about your progress.

Played 3 mtts today. Got 2nd in the $22 12.5k for just a little under 3100. So cutting into my makeup, but I really felt I have been playing awesome recently and hopefully I can turn things around and have a good 2nd half of this challenge :club:

Played 3 mtts today. Got 2nd in the $22 12.5k for just a little under 3100. So cutting into my makeup, but I really felt I have been playing awesome recently and hopefully I can turn things around and have a good 2nd half of this challenge :club:
heh

SCOOP kinda sucked. Lost 2.5k and about 4k in other tournaments. Had 1 deep run in the $100R turbo and lost a flip for aaround 5/80 with 120k for 1st IIRC. Tournaments have really sucked throughout this challenge. Only 1 score of note.For the last week I've been playing MTT SnGs and Turbo MTTs and I'm up around 4k in ~ 35 hours of play (way above expectation). Nice little confidence booster before the WSOP. Also puts me up around $1k for the last 9 weeks. I leave on Tuesday, earlier than planned due to an airline strike. I think there will be 4 tournaments I'll play with > 50k for 1st tomorrow, they are my last hopes of reaching this target.I think unless I win a huge amount of money at the WSOP (obviously a possibility) I will be taking a 3 month break from poker entirely starting July.

Yeah, upadate on my goal: My first goal, was to get out of makeup. Finally have done that by winning about 11k in the past week and a half. I hope that I can get a decent score in the next 2 weeks before heading out to Vegas for a the month. Maybe I will just win the Caesars $340 on thursday and not worry too much about money after that :club:

Yeah, upadate on my goal: My first goal, was to get out of makeup. Finally have done that by winning about 11k in the past week and a half. I hope that I can get a decent score in the next 2 weeks before heading out to Vegas for a the month. Maybe I will just win the Caesars $340 on thursday and not worry too much about money after that :club:
gl in vegas gentlemen.
100%gogo TA13and hwystr, plz to be meeting you
Yeah, upadate on my goal: My first goal, was to get out of makeup. Finally have done that by winning about 11k in the past week and a half. I hope that I can get a decent score in the next 2 weeks before heading out to Vegas for a the month. Maybe I will just win the Main Event and not worry too much about money after that :club:
FYP glgl in vegas

sigh bricked caesars $340. Played horrible the first 2 hours. Had Dennis Phillips at my table. Was a nice guy. But finally when I decided to play good poker. I double 88>66 aipf after jamming my massive 9bbs. Busto hand was pretty standard where MP opened, button called. I'm in the SB with AQ and just jam my 19bbs in. MP folds, button tanks/calls. KQ. runner 4card flush. ggGonna tho make some money here in the next week to have for when I get back out here :club:

Really starting to lose confidence....Seem to keep getting really deep in big tournaments and suffering HORRIFIC bad beats right before cashing each time. The frequency of them and the way they are hitting seems almost unnatural. Beginning to think I am just cursed to lose every decisive hand.

• 4 weeks later...
Really starting to lose confidence....Seem to keep getting really deep in big tournaments and suffering HORRIFIC bad beats right before cashing each time. The frequency of them and the way they are hitting seems almost unnatural. Beginning to think I am just cursed to lose every decisive hand.
Got to be positive at all times. Good play pays off.
Well Its true. Is there something you want to talk about?
Talk about love?