Stone The Whale

I don't know the phrase "coming to the Father", and I avoid the KJV completely, so that may be the issue. That phrase might not exist in my preferred version, The New American Standard Version. Maybe you could list some references that you want my opinion on.
I didn't quote from KJV. I quoted from a different version specifically to appease you. The phrase is exactly "comes to the Father" in the NASB.
1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 “And you know the way where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, while Jesus was still alive, Jews were dying and going to heaven due to their following the law.
Jews didn't go to heaven, because no one has gone to heaven yet.
Can you see why I might be confused about your viewpoint?
I hadn't read that...is it official?
Well, not offically I guess but what else would you call it? If you get on the back of a whale that has known to snack on people I would say that's a pretty big error in judgement. I am also pretty sure these trainers know what they are doing and accept this risk. It's not like the whale actually knows the person and was malicious or rabid. It was likely just playing with her or possibly had a bad day. I would say that judgement would come from the people that are familiar and in the know on the subject, not some guy passing judgement from the American Family by quoting a 1700 year old bible passage.
Well, not offically I guess but what else would you call it? If you get on the back of a whale that has known to snack on people I would say that's a pretty big error in judgement.
She wasn't in the water; the whale came out of the water and pulled her in.
She wasn't in the water; the whale came out of the water and pulled her in.
Wasn't this something they do frequently when feeding them? I mean, without us knowing the details we are in no shape to make an informed decision. I will say, I am in favor of fileting him and feeding the homeless over stoning though.
Can you see why I might be confused about your viewpoint?
Absolutely. But that is because I was using a generic term for heaven when I was talking about Jews that had died previous to Jesus' death. In normal conversations it's easier to just say heaven than to explain the history and future according to the Bible. I'm sure you understand. I should have been consistent.