Dn Playing 100/200

go DN and all, but This was 50k of the 60k profit. he turned a made but vulnerable hand into a bluff for 200bb on the turn and could have easily been a decent losing session.
Okay, let's pick every hand out where somebody got lucky and won a big pot and say if it wasn't for that pot they would have lost "X" amount of money.Is this really a bad play by Daniel and if you think it is do you know the interactions between Daniel and the other player especially 3 handed ? I'm not competent to say whether Daniel made a bad play on the turn or not. Seeing all the cards of course we all can say Daniel got the money in bad and got lucky but does that make it a bad play based on how he and the other player have played with each other ?Should Daniel fold the turn with AK here 3 handed ? If he calls the turn that leaves him with only $22K left and if he's calling the turn I would assume he's calling the river so why not check raise all in ? I don't see the suits in your HH so don't know if they are a factor.Daniel's on a heater. When you're on a heater Lady Luck is smiling on you.
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go DN and all, but ...Poker Stars $100/$200 No Limit Hold'em $50 Ante - 3 playersThe Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.comFiSHeYe1984 (BTN): $66249.50KidPoker (SB): $50649.50Sleyde (BB): $20000.00Pre Flop: ($450.00)FiSHeYe1984 raises to $600, KidPoker raises to $2400, 1 fold, FiSHeYe1984 calls $1800Flop: ($5150.00) 7 8 A (2 players)KidPoker bets $3200, FiSHeYe1984 raises to $8600, KidPoker calls $5400Turn: ($22350.00) J (2 players)KidPoker checks, FiSHeYe1984 bets $17600, KidPoker raises to $39599.50 all in, FiSHeYe1984 says "oh come on daniel", FiSHeYe1984 says "really?", KidPoker says "?", KidPoker says "what did I do?", FiSHeYe1984 says "terrible turn ", FiSHeYe1984 calls $21999.50River: ($101549.00) J (2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $101549.00FiSHeYe1984 shows 8 7 (two pair, Jacks and Eights)KidPoker shows K A (two pair, Aces and Jacks)KidPoker wins $101548.00(Rake: $1.00) This was 50k of the 60k profit. he turned a made but vulnerable hand into a bluff for 200bb on the turn and could have easily been a decent losing session.
A questionably play I agree, but I am not sure what your point is. That he got lucky in one hand so multiple sessions of running well is less valid.....

i intentionally left my interpretation of the strategy of the hand out, i just thought bragging about a session that was 80% the result of a suckout is kinda strange. my response to the strategy would be the question: what is he hoping will call his bet on the turn that he has beat and what will fold that neats him?

i intentionally left my interpretation of the strategy of the hand out, i just thought bragging about a session that was 80% the result of a suckout is kinda strange. my response to the strategy would be the question: what is he hoping will call his bet on the turn that he has beat and what will fold that he has beat?
I find it a bit strange that you would think it's strange for somebody like Daniel who tweets about his golf tan and what Patty made him for lunch to tweet to the 50,000 people who follow him on Twitter about his poker results ?Edit: by your definition if Daniel books a win and reports it then he's bragging.

i guess it was that he followed it up with the comment that implied these sessions were why people seemed afraid to play him.every horrible downswing i've ever had was preceded by talking about my postive results publicly so it scares me a bit.sick golf tan tho.

my response to the strategy would be the question: what is he hoping will call his bet on the turn that he has beat and what will fold that he has beat?
I assume you mean what will fold that has him beat, not that he has beat?
i guess it was that he followed it up with the comment that implied these sessions were why people seemed afraid to play him.every horrible downswing i've ever had was preceded by talking about my postive results publicly so it scares me a bit.sick golf tan tho.
The comment from him about the games not filling was a statement of fact not a brag. Nowhere did he say that people are afraid to play him. I think it's fair to say that nobody is coming up from lower limits to bumhunt him these days and there aren't that many players willing to play 100/200 deep stacked no matter who is in the game.We were chatting about it a bit while he was playing and the other players in the game commented about it when it was suggested they play more than one game. Daniel will play 2 fullish games but he's not going to play multiple 3-handed games with players of that caliber.
I find it a bit strange that you would think it's strange for somebody like Daniel who tweets about his golf tan and what Patty made him for lunch to tweet to the 50,000 people who follow him on Twitter about his poker results ?Edit: by your definition if Daniel books a win and reports it then he's bragging.
:club:
I assume you mean what will fold that has him beat, not that he has beat?
yes.
if you are calling all in on the river and there is a .0001% chance he will fold you shove right?
not if shoving gets a hand to fold that would have bluffed the river.
yes.not if shoving gets a hand to fold that would have bluffed the river.
DN made an extra $22K because he shoved though. Once that J hit the river, bottom two was done putting money in the pot.Not that that justifies the play..just saying...$22,000

DN was def bragging, that entire tweet reeked of brag. with that said i'd prolly brag about winning that much money too, lmao. i'm not hatin, do your thang DN!and lol @ the 4 post wonder ruffling e-feathers. who cares what he has to say?

oh right, that's why we don't post here anymore.
As a general statement you seem like a good guy and I typically find your posts very insightful, so this one surprised me. You are an individual. And you still post here (which as far as I am concerned is a good thing). But to post with the royal we (presumably referring to 4BB) makes you sound like an insecure child. A guy with 4 posts made a stupid comment. Ignore it. Heck, ignore this too. But if you are going to take your ball and go home, do it, don't tell everyone about how you are doing it (and that your friends joined you). In the last two years I have never once thought to myself, "man, I wish the 4BB guys posted here more". It might be because I suck at poker and don't want to learn, or it might be because I spend 5-10 a day on FCP strictly for entertainment. Most likely feel the same. I hope you stay and keep contributing, but can everyone just agree to drop the "group x doesn't post here anymore" rhetoric (especially where it is only the people who left that are coming back to say it).