Magic Dog Can Guess Your Cards

I wonder ...if I had a Paypal button and told people that if they paid me $1 for every time I "won" (i.e., removed their card from the deck), then I would pay them $25 for every time I "lost" ...how much money could I make before anyone caught on?

so how exactly does it guess your cards?
Yeah, so this. I've done it numerous times, different ways, and she always guesses right. Would so much like to know how it works.
so how exactly does it guess your cards?
it doesn't guess the card. it tells you to whisper the card to the dog. i mean, you've told the dog your card. at that point it isn't a guess, people. sheesh.

Wow, I could make some money right here, on what I think is one of the overall smartest forums I've ever come across. So on the wider internet, I'd probably make somewhere between elebinty jillion and a brazillion dollars.Of course, qyayqi is right.

Also, it puts out two of each number value of card (two queens, two 10s, whatever). Two cards, two suits. The second set of cards it puts out are the same value cards, but they're the two suits that were not displayed before. In other words, as trystero says, ALL the cards it puts out the second time are new.

This card trick appears in several psych textbooks as an example of attentional bias. Because you were told to pay special attention to one card, you were essentially told to ignore the other cards, and you did. If someone said, "Pay attention to these two flops and tell me the difference," you'd probably see the trick immediately.

Wow, I could make some money right here, on what I think is one of the overall smartest forums I've ever come across. So on the wider internet, I'd probably make somewhere between elebinty jillion and a brazillion dollars.Of course, qyayqi is right.

Also, it puts out two of each number value of card (two queens, two 10s, whatever). Two cards, two suits. The second set of cards it puts out are the same value cards, but they're the two suits that were not displayed before. In other words, as trystero says, ALL the cards it puts out the second time are new.

This card trick appears in several psych textbooks as an example of attentional bias. Because you were told to pay special attention to one card, you were essentially told to ignore the other cards, and you did. If someone said, "Pay attention to these two flops and tell me the difference," you'd probably see the trick immediately.

You make something so simple sound complicated.
Yeah, so this. I've done it numerous times, different ways, and she always guesses right. Would so much like to know how it works.
It doesn'tOnce you realize that, you can figure this out.O.k., I'll just tell you. None of the cards in the first set are in the second set so no matter which card you pick it won't be in the second set.
You make something so simple sound complicated.
It was four AM. I made it complex because I had not the time nor the energy to make it simple.

Dude I totally whispered the wrong thing and she got it wrong. I mean obviously a dog thousands of miles away can't hear you whispering, but your computer hears it. Totally real.