Ok, this is from a $5/5 session, and i think a few of the hands were pretty interesting...at least for me. I'm about 60 minutes in, bought in for $500. My stack is about $600, when this hand comes up. Full table.MP+2 calls $5 (female, tight aggressive, hasn't been invovled except for 1 hand). ($900 stack)Cutoff calls $5 (no reads really) ($700)Button calls $5 (old man, not a good player, loose) ($200)SB checks (seems like a tight aggressive player) $1000BB/Hero raises to $40 - K :3h K :5c ($600)UTG + 2 calls $35Cutoff calls $35Button calls $35SB foldsFlop ($165)3 :club: 7 :qh 9 :4h Hero bets $80 (I should have bet at least $110, for some reason, i sometimes look at my flop bets as their bet size, but not proportional to the pot..which is a HUGE error...playing live does that to you)MP + 2 raises to $200Cutoff foldsButton foldsHero calls $120 Turn ($565)A :ts Hero checksMP + 2 bets $240Ok, some people would elect to ship on the flop right? But with no draws except for the straight draw, I thought maybe calling could hopefully let villian fire another turn, and then I can ship it, as long as a blank rolls off - it also gives me another chance to reassess if villain is holding a better hand. Before villain fires, she takes about 2-3 minutes, which is LONG in live when you are the one betting. Any thoughts? Does anyone fold on the flop?I have quite a few hands to post....pls read my next topics, cause some of them are related...

If villain has been playing as snug as you say, yes I can find a fold on the flop. I don't really see 9 7 in her range, but certainly 99 and 77. Do you think she'd raise with a hand like 10 10 or JJ preflop? That is important to know. I know what you mean about sizing the pot playing live, but you really need to work on that. As played, the turn A really doesn't change anything. She certainly wouldn't play AK/AQ like that on the flop. I think I fold on the flop, definitely on the turn.Shipping the flop is very dangerous I think since you both have fairly deep stacks.

i bet bigger on the flop and get more value, and i get it in on the flop probably, but it is thin vs a very tight range, but she could have QQ and maybe JJ enough to make it about even, but if you see a turn like this and given your reads run for the hills and fold very quickly

i bet bigger on the flop and get more value, and i get it in on the flop probably, but it is thin vs a very tight range, but she could have QQ and maybe JJ enough to make it about even, but if you see a turn like this and given your reads run for the hills and fold very quickly
How does the turn change anything if we already weren't beat on the flop?
If villain has been playing as snug as you say, yes I can find a fold on the flop. I don't really see 9 7 in her range, but certainly 99 and 77. Do you think she'd raise with a hand like 10 10 or JJ preflop? That is important to know. I know what you mean about sizing the pot playing live, but you really need to work on that. As played, the turn A really doesn't change anything. She certainly wouldn't play AK/AQ like that on the flop. I think I fold on the flop, definitely on the turn.Shipping the flop is very dangerous I think since you both have fairly deep stacks.
She would defnitely have raised JJ pre-flop, not sure about 99/77. I had to edit the positions a bit...she was sitting about 5 places to my left, so she was mp+2 instead...but that doesnt really change anything, as she was the one entering the pot...As is, i think i should release on the flop, but definitely the turn as said by you...
and by you too....i didn't fold quickly, but i did fold...lol...QQ/JJ would definitely have raised pre. I thought maybe, she was deciding if the A gave me a set, or if she was trying to pretend that she was scared of the A...later on in the session, i asked her what she had, and she said a set of 77's. She said she was pissed when the A rolled off, cause she knew i was more likely to fold if i held an overpair under AA.....smart
How does the turn change anything if we already weren't beat on the flop?
I think, because she still bets when the A rolls off...that's what i think rumsey is referring to....
She would defnitely have raised JJ pre-flop, not sure about 99/77. I had to edit the positions a bit...she was sitting about 5 places to my left, so she was mp+2 instead...but that doesnt really change anything, as she was the one entering the pot...As is, i think i should release on the flop, but definitely the turn as said by you...and by you too....i didn't fold quickly, but i did fold...lol...QQ/JJ would definitely have raised pre. I thought maybe, she was deciding if the A gave me a set, or if she was trying to pretend that she was scared of the A...later on in the session, i asked her what she had, and she said a set of 77's. She said she was pissed when the A rolled off, cause she knew i was more likely to fold if i held an overpair under AA.....smart
But why?????? The A changes nothing. Let's think like villain. "Ok, I just got dealt AK/AQ/AJ just now. Let's limp and hope to catch a hand. Oh, there's a raise.....yeah I'll call that. And the flop is.... 3 7 9. Villain bets into us. Let's raise it up to 200??!!If villain wasn't beating us on the flop, they're not going to be ahead of us on the turn, unless it's A9 and ONLY A9
But why?????? The A changes nothing. Let's think like villain. "Ok, I just got dealt AK/AQ/AJ just now. Let's limp and hope to catch a hand. Oh, there's a raise.....yeah I'll call that. And the flop is.... 3 7 9. Villain bets into us. Let's raise it up to 200??!!If villain wasn't beating us on the flop, they're not going to be ahead of us on the turn, unless it's A9 and ONLY A9
It's not uncommon for a BB raiser to raise from the BB, with a hand like 77, KQ suited, etc. and fire a C-bet. So, it's not uncommon for someone to raise with nothing but overcards if she thinks i'm bluffing. Now, if i call her raise, she thinks i think she's bluffing right? If that's the case, once the A hits, there is a strong possibility that the A hit her range right?I do it all the time...(not all the time, but i will raise a preflop raiser, if the board looks right, and I think they don't have a piece of it)...But i defintely see where you are comign from...

I get it, I'm just saying a large percentage of the time, villains CALL flops with overs, not raise. The other part is the villain in this particular hand. She hasn't been getting involved at all, so why would she make such a big raise with A high or 2 overs?

It's not uncommon for a BB raiser to raise from the BB, with a hand like 77, KQ suited, etc. and fire a C-bet. So, it's not uncommon for someone to raise with nothing but overcards if she thinks i'm bluffing. Now, if i call her raise, she thinks i think she's bluffing right? If that's the case, once the A hits, there is a strong possibility that the A hit her range right?
I'd say it's uncommon for a TAG to raise multiway - two players yet to act - w/overcards when the PFR is representing a big pair.

If someone you think is "TAG" limps... then they are really just a mouse. Anyhow... if a mouse raised you on the flop... multiway none the less... it's pretty much an instamuck. And this is a rainbow board? I can't muck fast enough.

If someone you think is "TAG" limps... then they are really just a mouse. Anyhow... if a mouse raised you on the flop... multiway none the less... it's pretty much an instamuck. And this is a rainbow board? I can't muck fast enough.
the limp to 3bet pf is the most telling part of the whole hand. yet it took to this post to mention it. the rest of the analyzing gone on in this thread is useless imo.

Not in live its not, where no one ever limp/folds and the standard open is like 6-7x when there are no limpers. I'd be making it like $60 or so.