Ok, another live $2-5 hand...my image, at this point, would have to be tight, but very aggressive. I've only shown down 1 hand, which was a K/J off hand, which I played on the cutoff, and was called by the button, whom had called my flop bet, check/check on turn, and he tried to bluff on river. I've also picked up quite a few pots with raising pre-flop and double barreling...there is 1 player in particular who is two seats to my left, and he has called like 3 of my preflop raises, only to shut down on the flop or turn. My $300 stack has built up to around $750. My reads on the players involved are below:UTG foldsUTG + 1 foldsMP calls $5 (this player has limped quite a bit....but has folded mostly after the flop..there was 1 hand where he had the absolute nuts, and he took a really long time to bet on the turn and river - a minute long each) - $450 stackMP + 1 foldsMP + 2 foldsHero raises to $25 (K :4h J :5c ) - $750 stackCutoff foldsButton calls $25 (this is the player whom has been calling my pre-flop raises, but frequently folding after the flop) - $250 stackSB foldsBB calls $25 (this player has some type of meta game going on with the button...i believe partly one of the reason's calls because the button's involved, and it's his blind...other than that, no reads really)MP calls $25FLOP - $1029 :3h 9 :club: 4 :ts Good flop to represent an over pair right? I think should miss their range 90% of the time. BB checksMP checksHero bets $40 (too small imo, should have been $60?)Button foldsBB foldsMP calls $40 (he thinks for about 20 seconds and calls)TURN - $1825 :qh BB bets $40Hero?Thoughts on what to do, and overall? I'll chime in later with results...thanks in advance for your time.

I just c/f the flop...too many players involved, so running a bluff is going to be expensive, and the only way we can get someone to fold a pocket pair is to unload the clip.
Well...yeah...but really, with a flop like that? I have to disagree with you on this. I think it's profitable to bluff in this situation. Especially with the two overs, and back door club draw to fall back on?

I don't mind it 3-way but 4-way, bleh forget it. The extra player adds more potential for 9x/44/generic_pocket_pair, and it also makes the bluff more expensive to run. I guess with such a passive player pool, if you feel they're all just setmining and will fold 88/TT/whatever, then all right you can bluff

I don't mind it 3-way but 4-way, bleh forget it. The extra player adds more potential for 9x/44/generic_pocket_pair, and it also makes the bluff more expensive to run. I guess with such a passive player pool, if you feel they're all just setmining and will fold 88/TT/whatever, then all right you can bluff
You're right. I wasn't getting called when I double barrelled at all. It's crazy i built my stack to an extra $400+ with only showing 1 hand all night.But really, if i'm repping the overpair, and unless i know they won't believe me, i think i should be double barelling here, or even triple if the right cards come up....

Bluffing three players is a very bad idea.Live players don't ever give you credit for an overpair, and no one will give you credit for much of anything on a 994r flop.Just c/f the flop. You don't have to win em all. As played, just call the turn and hope to catch the club, you're getting the right odds.

I agree that it's hard to bluff 3 ppl...but i dont agree that live players don't gives credit for overpairs. Especially if you're a tight player, at least in the game i play, i see credit given all the time. I've folded QQ, JJ easily on the flop with an over pair, even pre-flop...and i've seen quite a few ppl do it at the game i play at.i figure it was worth a shot, with the type of flop, and my two overcards to fall back on. and with my position as well...

c/f flop... no one is letting go of any pair here ever... and a lot will hang on to their ace... cuz you know... the turn could be an ace
lol...true true...you're kidding right?anyways, so i'll go on:I decided that the $40 was a blocking bet, and a good raise would take him off his under pair...i raised to $110 and he folded...so i played this bad too? (seems like every hand i post around here..)if anyone who does call the $40 on the flop has an underpair (AND NO 9), and hasn't hit a monster yet, doesnt me betting the flop set up a good double barrel on the turn? any card J and over i can represent a higher pair, and any card under (as long as it doesnt make them a set), i can represent a big pair with a big bet trying to protect...at 1/2 live or under, players probably call with their small pocket pairs to the end...but 2/5 seems to have a bit more competent thinking players...or i could just be completely wrong in all of this...
lol...true true...you're kidding right?anyways, so i'll go on:I decided that the $40 was a blocking bet, and a good raise would take him off his under pair...i raised to $110 and he folded...so i played this bad too? (seems like every hand i post around here..)
If you're going to make mistakes make them aggressively imo...especially to ****ing donk bets
If you're going to make mistakes make them aggressively imo...especially to ****ing donk bets
so good shit right??? :icon_dance:no really...was this hand a mistake? i was pretty proud of myself on this one...
so good shit right??? :club:
I approve... but remember... I'm a player who fires off 3 barrels into the nuts... or with the nuts... whoever decides to have it that handas far as the turn I don't think it was a mistake... but the flop certainly was
I approve... but remember... I'm a player who fires off 3 barrels into the nuts... or with the nuts... whoever decides to have it that handas far as the turn I don't think it was a mistake... but the flop certainly was
as long as you a winning player, then it's all good..well, i think maybe flop wasn't perfect, but i think that, i take a good chance with 40 into 102 right....now if i do find someone who wakes up with trips or better, i find out by the turn (a 9 probably donk bets into me on the turn - a decent size bet, since they expect me to check behind most of the time), or they raise on the flop....so i can safely fold.i can rule out overpairs QQ or higher, and jj/10 i should find out on the flop as well (if the button or BB happens to have it - MP wouldn't)...they most likely will raise my flop bet to protect..so i can safely fold.so in the end, my 40 investment is good i think, cause by the turn, i will know where i stand, and can play the rest of the hand perfectly..now, if i get called in more than 1 spot on the flop, i check fold turn (unless a k/j/club rolls off.. then i re-eval)...make sense at all? or complete nonsense?

I really think a nine rarely takes this line from almost any player... if they trap the flop they are more than likely trap happy and will c-c or c-r the turn. You're almost never facing an overpair except TT/JJ and the only thing you have to worry about is a player who gets sticky with one pair hands. As long as you'd play a nine or a flopped boat this way there's nothing wrong with the raise (with raise/fold anyhow)... and you could actually probably value bet if you accidentally pair the riveredt: oh wait... club draw... yeah when you raise you gotta stack off

I really think a nine rarely takes this line from almost any player... if they trap the flop they are more than likely trap happy and will c-c or c-r the turn. You're almost never facing an overpair except TT/JJ and the only thing you have to worry about is a player who gets sticky with one pair hands. As long as you'd play a nine or a flopped boat this way there's nothing wrong with the raise (with raise/fold anyhow)... and you could actually probably value bet if you accidentally pair the riveredt: oh wait... club draw... yeah when you raise you gotta stack off
really? it's all player dependent...but if i did get that unlucky to run into that (trips or a boat), i still have the club draw to fall back on....had the club not fallen, and he still donks the 40 on the turn, i still play the turn the same though...if a j or k falls, i probably just call...if player checks, i check behind with the club draw...with no club, i take another stab, 60% of the pot and fold to a raise...anyways, thanks for the insight....edit***sorry ninja, i didnt realize that you meant that a 9 will rarely take the line that was actually played by villain...i thought u meant that a 9 will rarely take the line i was referring to in my previous post...***