Is Eklund Talking Out Of His Ass Again?

About a month ago hockeybuzz said Thrashers to Winnipeg and Coyotes to KC. Love to see Winnipeg get a team. I think Seattle should be concidered for a relocated team before KC. Deffinatly a void there without the Sonics and the WHL team was well supported at least when I was paying attention to the WHL.

About a month ago hockeybuzz said Thrashers to Winnipeg and Coyotes to KC. Love to see Winnipeg get their team back. I think Seattle should be concidered for a relocated team before KC. Deffinatly a void there without the Sonics and the WHL team was well supported at least when I was paying attention to the WHL.
FYP

Doubt we get a team back within the next 10-15 years.. and quite frankly i dont think we can keep an nhl team here if we got one . Im sure the first 2 years we would see good numbers but after that the fan base that is willing to shell 100+ for tickets will drop dramaticly.just not enough money in winnipeg for the average person to support a team and thats a sad fact but one that wont change anytime soon. as much as id love to see hockey back in town i think places like hamilton and qubec deserve it much more.the ahl isnt that bad of hockey any way its not nhl caliber but its something affordable and entertaining but the day the nhl returns i will be ready for my season tickets.

• 3 weeks later...
Doubt we get a team back within the next 10-15 years.. and quite frankly i dont think we can keep an nhl team here if we got one . Im sure the first 2 years we would see good numbers but after that the fan base that is willing to shell 100+ for tickets will drop dramaticly.just not enough money in winnipeg for the average person to support a team and thats a sad fact but one that wont change anytime soon. as much as id love to see hockey back in town i think places like hamilton and qubec deserve it much more.the ahl isnt that bad of hockey any way its not nhl caliber but its something affordable and entertaining but the day the nhl returns i will be ready for my season tickets.
Well .. i might have been wrong here ... fingers crossed Manitoba Post - The Manitoba Post has learned the new Winnipeg NHL team will not be called the "Winnipeg Jets" . As part of the deal with the NHL, True North must seek a "new name, brand and identity" . We have also learned that there is a condition for the new ownership group to sell 12,000 season tickets in each of the first 3 seasons , so get your credit cards ready Manitoba. We have learned that in all likelihood , this will be the Coyotes last season in Phoenix. The Manitoba Moose will be moving to either Phoenix or Saskatoon, those details are still being worked out
From everything I've read, there's still like a 1 in a million chance this happens anyways.Personally, I'm in the "Winnipeg is too small to support a team long term" camp.
agreed on both .. but i can dream