Someone pointed out to tell the idiots, the first black hockey player was a Boston Bruin...As well PK 's brother is in the organization..

Shouldn't matter.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, its not about how many people follow you, but who wants to follow you. Its about the quality, not just the quantity.   You have a new follower request on Twitter: Men of Sapphir

I would guess most players aren't that involved. They likely give their agent a list of priorities and the agent tries to get the best contract possible.   The agent relays the info to the player an

I'm bringing my Twitter into the real life world.   First day of class today, I sit near the front since I'm a nerd, while we're waiting to begin, prof asks my name, I say Zach... "last name?" Hende

Who did Boston draft? Malcolm subban. Nice eh

Shouldn't matter.

My point is, it's like Michael Jordan's quote about Sterling, something along the lines of 'since the majority of NBA players are black, this is indefensible'.

It shouldn't matter if NO players in the NBA were black, Racism is racism. The fact that the bruins drafted black players, or signed the first black player is irrelevant. Acting like a bigoted ******* shouldn't be mitigated by anything.

• Like 1

Shouldn't matter.

My point is, it's like Michael Jordan's quote about Sterling, something along the lines of 'since the majority of NBA players are black, this is indefensible'.

It shouldn't matter if NO players in the NBA were black, Racism is racism. The fact that the bruins drafted black players, or signed the first black player is irrelevant. Acting like a bigoted ******* shouldn't be mitigated by anything.

But it makes them hypocrites. And they look even more stupid

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Serge, what do you have against Twitter? All over this forum, all over my Facebook, why haven't you continued your SEVEN-year-old antics on Twitter. You should send me SEVEN emails too.

Hey Serge, what do you have against Twitter? All over this forum, all over my Facebook, why haven't you continued your SEVEN-year-old antics on Twitter. You should send me SEVEN emails too.

Next time. Enjoy the long weekend. Cheers

How many people do you follow on twitter? I am at 965 and I am looking to trim it by a lot...The thing with my twitter feed is if I am not on twitter, I am going to miss a lot of your tweets...

Facebook is a lot different, I dont miss any of my friends updates...I am going to trim see what happens..

In the time it took me to write this post I got 42 tweets on my feed.

How many people do you follow on twitter? I am at 965 and I am looking to trim it by a lot...The thing with my twitter feed is if I am not on twitter, I am going to miss a lot of your tweets...

Facebook is a lot different, I dont miss any of my friends updates...I am going to trim see what happens..

I'm at around 200. I trim a lot from time to time to keep it manageable.

You can also create lists to group the tweets and read those lists to make sure you don't miss stuff from friends for example.

I'm at around 200. I trim a lot from time to time to keep it manageable.

You can also create lists to group the tweets and read those lists to make sure you don't miss stuff from friends for example.

yes also , you can get notifications on your phone as well if you choose..I had done that with Zach during his drunken posts era and with Danny G with his tennis betting tweets..It was getting to be a lot Zach with crazy times of the night tweets and Danny G with pure volume of tweets...But if there is someone that tweets one or two tweets a day then its a good idea..

We had a bbq at our house on the weekend...Our friends have a 16 year old girl and a 15 year old boy...

She doesnt use facebook and only uses Twitter and Instagram, and he is only a Twitter guy..

So not a scientific thing, but if you are looking for the future, maybe Facebook is for the older crowd connecting with old friends..

Instagram I never understood, its just facebook without the gibberish..Only pics...

We had a bbq at our house on the weekend...Our friends have a 16 year old girl and a 15 year old boy...

She doesnt use facebook and only uses Twitter and Instagram, and he is only a Twitter guy..

So not a scientific thing, but if you are looking for the future, maybe Facebook is for the older crowd connecting with old friends..

Instagram I never understood, its just facebook without the gibberish..Only pics...

You're definitely right about this. Most kids have a twitter account, though don't really know how to (or care how to) use it. It's mostly narcissistic for them. Like us, most of them just use facebook as a general keep-up and because they know everyone has it, so it's a good general purpose.

They mainly care about Instragram, since that's where they exchange pics and where the cool kids are. Well, that and things like Snapchat and other apps probably which I have never heard of because I'm not young.

I'm at 50-ish, though I have a very low standard for people who post rarely, since it doesn't 'clutter' much. I'd like to include some more baseball beat writers and a few 'general' writers in other sports - probably 75ish would be my max, on the high side.

I'm at 818 following.

I trim only when I see tweets from people I'm sick of. I think I could handle 1,000 or so.

Obv you miss some tweets, but that's not that important to me.

These would be the main categories of people I follow.

Friends

Poker

Hockey

Basketball

Tennis

Toronto News

Canada News

International News

Economists

China and Hong Kong News

General Interest and Entertainment

During playoffs in hockey and basketball my timeline can get really full with people in game tweeting stuff.

The problem that I get is...If something significant happens and Bob Mckenzie tweets it, I ll get like 25 people retweeting it..

wtf platform are you using? You won't see RTs of recent posts of people you follow unless they do them manually.

I dont understand..If Mirtle Retweets a Bob Mackenzie tweet..I see the retweet..All platforms..Phone, Ipad, Computer

Hmm maybe it's in the settings?

All the time I see people who post like "last RT: ..." and I have to go into their profile to see what they're talking about because they RTed someone I follow, and I don't know which tweet they're talking about.

Hmm maybe it's in the settings?

All the time I see people who post like "last RT: ..." and I have to go into their profile to see what they're talking about because they RTed someone I follow, and I don't know which tweet they're talking about.

Zach, perhaps you should stop looking at the settings to get the answer. You are always the one preaching about bike lanes. Maybe you should go ride your bike on bike lane and it will solve everything, especially this RT problem. Or perhaps destroying the 401 will help fix this RT problem.

I follow 102. I think Stephen King is the real celebrity I follow. I generally hate celebrity tweets. I follow the Tigers for lineup info since I have 4 tigers ony FCBL team. They don't always play so that way I can know who to bench each game. All the rest are you guys, family, friends.

I follow 102. I think Stephen King is the real celebrity I follow. I generally hate celebrity tweets. I follow the Tigers for lineup info since I have 4 tigers ony FCBL team. They don't always play so that way I can know who to bench each game. All the rest are you guys, family, friends.

I thought you quit FCBL?