• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, its not about how many people follow you, but who wants to follow you. Its about the quality, not just the quantity.   You have a new follower request on Twitter: Men of Sapphir

I would guess most players aren't that involved. They likely give their agent a list of priorities and the agent tries to get the best contract possible.   The agent relays the info to the player an

I'm bringing my Twitter into the real life world.   First day of class today, I sit near the front since I'm a nerd, while we're waiting to begin, prof asks my name, I say Zach... "last name?" Hende

saw a funny tweet that you leaf haters might like..Forget exactly what it said but something like:

Phil gave Amanda tips on what to do when up by 2 goals in the third period..

I find it strange that a lot of poker players still start to follow me (though it's usually a pretty brief follow).

I don't mention poker anywhere in my profile anymore.

It has to do with who you follow and who follows you.

I'm sure the poker players drop you after all your commie pinko anti-car pro pussified cycling tweets

In fact, one of my followers from Pittsburgh told me the other day that while he doesn't follow urban issues much, he finds my tweets fascinating and enjoys them.

Its hard not to find fascinating a poll that shows a majority of people think its a good idea for walking to be made safer.

How many people think walking should be made more dangerous and who the hell are these people? lol

And I liked the other question too, that people think laws should be enforced. (something about speed limits being enforced?)

Is that guy Armenian? Toderian or something like that. I was almost tempted to write to him....

Eh, that's not everything I RT.

I like that Toderian guy, he tweets like a mad man. He's a huge part of the reason why Vancouver is the success it is today, and now he's got a consulting firm.

I have no idea if he's Armenian or not.

I won't take it personally if you guys unfollow me, if you don't like what I'm tweeting. You're no longer my target demographic. Fwiw.

I think that one thing that I RTed recently about people in Toronto being willing to trade their yards, density, etc for a more walkable neighbourhood is pretty telling though, and not a very leading question.

Its hard not to find fascinating a poll that shows a majority of people think its a good idea for walking to be made safer.

How many people think walking should be made more dangerous and who the hell are these people? lol

And I liked the other question too, that people think laws should be enforced. (something about speed limits being enforced?)

Is that guy Armenian? Toderian or something like that. I was almost tempted to write to him....

I think my favorite piece of non scientific propaganda is the pictures of streets after a snowfall showing parts of the road still being snow covered and that somehow proving that we don't need as much space on those streets to be paved.

No what it shows is that when it snows the first cars through the snow create bare patches and tracks that other cars follow.

It may be the case that what they are saying is true but the pictures of snow still being on the road doesn't prove it.

You're no longer my target demographic. Fwiw.

That hurt. :)

I'm just kidding, and taking a shot at the tweet cause frankly I thought it was a useless poll that showed nothing. If you prefer I not comment on this topic, I wont in the future. No offence meant.

I do find this topic fascinating now, thanks to you for bringing it up, I'm looking at things a lot differently now, and with more of a detailed look at things, and also a greater big picture vision.

That hurt. :)

I'm just kidding, and taking a shot at the tweet cause frankly I thought it was a useless poll that showed nothing. If you prefer I not comment on this topic, I wont in the future. No offence meant.

I do find this topic fascinating now, thanks to you for bringing it up, I'm looking at things a lot differently now, and with more of a detailed look at things, and also a greater big picture vision.

I don't have a problem with you commenting, especially if it's the opposite of something I said or RT'ed. Challenge me, please. Sometimes I RT crap without really reading the whole thing, lol.

I think my favorite piece of non scientific propaganda is the pictures of streets after a snowfall showing parts of the road still being snow covered and that somehow proving that we don't need as much space on those streets to be paved.

No what it shows is that when it snows the first cars through the snow create bare patches and tracks that other cars follow.

It may be the case that what they are saying is true but the pictures of snow still being on the road doesn't prove it.

What it does is show where a car will naturally travel. They've done scientific experiments using similar techniques. In Australia, they laid down flour at an intersection to track where cars drove the most and used that as the basis for changing something (I don't recall the exact purpose).

Obviously each case is different, but if cars aren't using a portion of the road, there's potential to look at it and see if it can be reclaimed for pedestrians or cyclists without disrupting vehicular travel. It's not science, it's just an indicator of sorts.