• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, its not about how many people follow you, but who wants to follow you. Its about the quality, not just the quantity.   You have a new follower request on Twitter: Men of Sapphir

I would guess most players aren't that involved. They likely give their agent a list of priorities and the agent tries to get the best contract possible.   The agent relays the info to the player an

I'm bringing my Twitter into the real life world.   First day of class today, I sit near the front since I'm a nerd, while we're waiting to begin, prof asks my name, I say Zach... "last name?" Hende

that's more of a list of overpaid athletes plus a few 'I didn't undertsand the question so I'm just going to list a player I hate playing against"The underrated list is just as bad. In what universe is Pavel Datsyuk Underrated? He is considered one of the best players in the world by pretty much everyone.

that's more of a list of overpaid athletes plus a few 'I didn't undertsand the question so I'm just going to list a player I hate playing against"The underrated list is just as bad. In what universe is Pavel Datsyuk Underrated? He is considered one of the best players in the world by pretty much everyone.
I dont even think most of those guys are overpaid...You are right its "which player do I hate playing against"
The underrated list is just as bad. In what universe is Pavel Datsyuk Underrated? He is considered one of the best players in the world by pretty much everyone.
Everyone who is a serious hockey fan ya. Most Joes on the street only care about the numbers while Datsyuk is the seminal all-around player.
I didnt look at the list, but the common NHL fan, imo, doesnt give Datsyuk the credit he deserves for possibly being the best all around player in the game today. I dont know how much thought players put into their answers, but assumign they did think about their answer, I think the results are interesting.

NHLPA @NHLPA 1m Reply #Oilers goaltender Devan Dubnyk brings simplicity, yet intensity to his approach to the game. bit.ly/wa298V

No Pens on this list surprisingly...https://twitter.com/#!/si_vault/status/...186060256935936Andy Gray @si_vaultSports Illustrated asked 161 NHL players to name the most overrated player in hockey. Here are the results: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html
Brian Burke is THRASHING this poll...
LOL, man ur dumb. Sports Illustrated wrote the poll.
161 players voted. All Sports Illustrated did was tally the votes, find pictures of players and put them in order on their website. It's just opinions and each player has their individual bias but I still think it's pretty funny.
161 players voted. All Sports Illustrated did was tally the votes, find pictures of players and put them in order on their website. It's just opinions and each player has their individual bias but I still think it's pretty funny.
Lot of talk about this poll today...General consensus is that its dumb....I wonder how many would vote if it was a public vote?

Ron Wilson @coachrw63 congrats to @PKessel81 @JLupul on joining Dion at the all-star game. Would be funny if they are on different teams.

Lot of talk about this poll today...General consensus is that its dumb....I wonder how many would vote if it was a public vote?
I agree with a lot of what burke said about guys voting in these polls, BUT..... if one guy is a consensus pick like Phaneuf was, then there HAS to be something there. I have heard the following arguments:-This is just a popularity contest and these are unpopular guys- If this was true, wouldnt we see a lot more of the Cookes and the Burrows type players?- This is just jealousy by guys making less money- I believe this to be true, but you also have to look at the fact that Crosby makes a lot of money, so do lots of other players- but Phaneuf's name still came up 1 out of 5 players-These are guys other players hate to play against-I can tell you that players hate to play against Pavel Datsyuk and Ryan Miller, and Shea Weber, and Drew Doughty, but their names didn't come up All I'm saying is that, where there's smoke, there's a little fire...
I agree with a lot of what burke said about guys voting in these polls, BUT..... if one guy is a consensus pick like Phaneuf was, then there HAS to be something there. I have heard the following arguments:-This is just a popularity contest and these are unpopular guys- If this was true, wouldnt we see a lot more of the Cookes and the Burrows type players?- This is just jealousy by guys making less money- I believe this to be true, but you also have to look at the fact that Crosby makes a lot of money, so do lots of other players- but Phaneuf's name still came up 1 out of 5 players-These are guys other players hate to play against-I can tell you that players hate to play against Pavel Datsyuk and Ryan Miller, and Shea Weber, and Drew Doughty, but their names didn't come up All I'm saying is that, where there's smoke, there's a little fire...
Agree. No matter who the players are, it shows some obv dontbelieve he is as good as the public/media believes. I don't know what Burke said about the list, but what else would he say? Of course if it's his player, he has to back him. I like these kind of lists. Also, I don't get why him being an all star somehow negates him being overrated. Being voted by the public to be an all-star would be one of the obvious ways of overrating a player. And, when was this poll taken? If it was before the season started, easy to see where they get Dion as a candidate.
Agree. No matter who the players are, it shows some obv dontbelieve he is as good as the public/media believes. I don't know what Burke said about the list, but what else would he say? Of course if it's his player, he has to back him. I like these kind of lists. Also, I don't get why him being an all star somehow negates him being overrated. Being voted by the public to be an all-star would be one of the obvious ways of overrating a player. And, when was this poll taken? If it was before the season started, easy to see where they get Dion as a candidate.
Curious if you saw the list and looked at the top 15 names
Curious if you saw the list and looked at the top 15 names
I hadn't before, but I just did after you asked your q. I realized I hadnt looked at it all. I really thought Joni pitkanen was gonna be on that list.
I hadn't before, but I just did after you asked your q. I realized I hadnt looked at it all. I really thought Joni pitkanen was gonna be on that list.
It a bit pointless...There is some serious talent on that list..

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta Good start. RT @NHLFlames "I might be in trouble... I don't speak French, even if I have the most French name on that team." Bourque said

THere is some funny tweets tonight..Downgoesbrown is amazing:Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown Gauthier: “Should we wait a day or two to finalize the deal?” Feaster: “Nah, I don’t want to have to start all over again with the new guy.

It a bit pointless...There is some serious talent on that list..
I think it's possible to be talented and overrated. I could see how a lot of those guys ended up on that list. A couple I would disagree with is pronger and Iginla. Maybe ovechkin too, but if the argument was with regards to him being considered one of the 2 best players in the league, I could see the overrating.
I think it's possible to be talented and overrated. I could see how a lot of those guys ended up on that list. A couple I would disagree with is pronger and Iginla. Maybe ovechkin too, but if the argument was with regards to him being considered one of the 2 best players in the league, I could see the overrating.
Who is rating Gomez and Komisarek high??I dont think Komisarek is rated high, he is barely good enough to make the top 6 on the Leafs..No one thinks he is a superstar...Gomez even worse..Sure they are overpaid,for various different circumstances...Whatever it accomplished its purpose..To piss off , cause discussion and get attention to its magazine.
THere is some funny tweets tonight..Downgoesbrown is amazing:Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown Gauthier: “Should we wait a day or two to finalize the deal?” Feaster: “Nah, I don’t want to have to start all over again with the new guy.
Hahahahahahaha...classic.