Real_ESPNLeBrun - No hearing for Downie so looks like he escapes any further discipline for his roughing on CrosbyThenwyshynski (puck daddy) - In fairness, Crosby reached the ropes to break the figure 4.
This is really frustrating to me.I don't understand why the NHL has to wait until someone gets seriously injured before suspending someone. This is probably the most clear-cut intent to injure I've seen since Chris Simon's baseball swing at Hollweg's head. This can't be confused for a hockey play like a hit to the head, or a check from behind. There was nothing here except a clear intent to injure, and they don't even look into it because Sid didn't get hurt for more than a few minutes?Such a ****ing joke.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, its not about how many people follow you, but who wants to follow you. Its about the quality, not just the quantity.   You have a new follower request on Twitter: Men of Sapphir

I would guess most players aren't that involved. They likely give their agent a list of priorities and the agent tries to get the best contract possible.   The agent relays the info to the player an

I'm bringing my Twitter into the real life world.   First day of class today, I sit near the front since I'm a nerd, while we're waiting to begin, prof asks my name, I say Zach... "last name?" Hende

This is really frustrating to me.I don't understand why the NHL has to wait until someone gets seriously injured before suspending someone. This is probably the most clear-cut intent to injure I've seen since Chris Simon's baseball swing at Hollweg's head. This can't be confused for a hockey play like a hit to the head, or a check from behind. There was nothing here except a clear intent to injure, and they don't even look into it because Sid didn't get hurt for more than a few minutes?Such a ****ing joke.
He backed off of the statement a bit to say...Real_ESPNLeBrun Although just because no hearing has been scheduled yet for Downie, doesn't mean the NHL doesn't have time to do so once it is done with OV
very true..Crosby could of easily torn an ACL and could of been out for a very long time...And its not like its a player that doesnt have history..The guy is a douchebag...(downie)
very true..Crosby could of easily torn an ACL and could of been out for a very long time...And its not like its a player that doesnt have history..The guy is a douchebag...(downie)
Like, the whole disciplinary process is ****ed up.The NHL needs to reinvent the way it handles suspensions. It can't be subjective. It can't be based entirely on the injury suffered. It has to be very harsh to drive this shit out of the league. Whether it be scummy plays like this, or the soon to be regulated head shots, hits from behind, etc. It needs to be a lot clearer to everyone involved exactly what is going on. And it HAS to happen before someone gets injured even worse than we've already seen.
Like, the whole disciplinary process is ****ed up.The NHL needs to reinvent the way it handles suspensions. It can't be subjective. It can't be based entirely on the injury suffered. It has to be very harsh to drive this shit out of the league. Whether it be scummy plays like this, or the soon to be regulated head shots, hits from behind, etc. It needs to be a lot clearer to everyone involved exactly what is going on. And it HAS to happen before someone gets injured even worse than we've already seen.
I agree with this 100%, The NHL has been getting way too gun-shy with their suspensions recently.

DownGoesBrown Next stop: New job handing out NHL discipline. RT @simmonssteve: Brian McKeever, the blind cross country skier, wins gold at Paralympics.

TSNBobMcKenzie Washington Post reporting two-game suspension for Ovechkin.
I don't understand how he gets only 2 compared to lapierre's 4 games, other than his obvious superstar status. Plus the NHL always bases these decisions on the extent of the injury, soit's even more off putting. However, I'm glad they did something.

Real_ESPNLeBrun You know who loves every time OV is suspended? The Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

I don't understand how he gets only 2 compared to lapierre's 4 games, other than his obvious superstar status. Plus the NHL always bases these decisions on the extent of the injury, soit's even more off putting. However, I'm glad they did something.
Go back and look at the Lapierre play. He cross checked Nicol in the back long after the shot. It's nothing close to Ovy's play which was finishing a check in a careless manner with his shoulder from the back/side while the player was vulnerable.I think the 2 games is probably just about right based on all the factors.
Go back and look at the Lapierre play. He cross checked Nicol in the back long after the shot. It's nothing close to Ovy's play which was finishing a check in a careless manner with his shoulder from the back/side while the player was vulnerable.I think the 2 games is probably just about right based on all the factors.
I agree with this as well. In fact, if Ovi DOESNT have a previous history, this probably gets nothing. It was nothing more than a shove, but with a player in a vulnerable position. If Campbell wasnt off balance a bit to start with, he ends up just rubbing out on the boards. I dont think the injury should be a part of it. BUT, with the previous history, Ovi needs to learn to lay off guys in vulnerable spots, so the two games to me seems just right. I wouldnt be surprised if they told him next one is ten games.

DownGoesBrown Why does everyone want Downie suspended? He broke the hold once Crosby reached the ropes.

Real_ESPNLeBrun - No hearing for Downie so looks like he escapes any further discipline for his roughing on CrosbyThenwyshynski (puck daddy) - In fairness, Crosby reached the ropes to break the figure 4.
DownGoesBrown Why does everyone want Downie suspended? He broke the hold once Crosby reached the ropes.

RealKidPokerI did it! I survived through a laser hair removalon my chest. Hurt like hell, but I made it. I feel so accomplished!Why did I post it? Cause if I had to read it, SO DO YOU ALL! :club: I wonder if this is some kind of good luck thing for game 4 tonight?

DamoSpin Those suggesting Kessel deal dreadful for Leafs looking sillier by the day. Savard's influence in Kessel's success apparently overblown.

DamoSpin Those suggesting Kessel deal dreadful for Leafs looking sillier by the day. Savard's influence in Kessel's success apparently overblown.
CanadianGothic@DamoSpin Quality draft picks so he can lead them to 29th....Yay Kessel!

NHL Central Scouting says Tyler Seguin is the #1 prospect right now. This is comming from the Oilers broadcast on RSN-W. The NHL site still says Hall.

NHL Central Scouting says Tyler Seguin is the #1 prospect right now. This is comming from the Oilers broadcast on RSN-W. The NHL site still says Hall.
I was just on CS's site tonight. The midterm rankings had Hall at #1. Have they updated again?
I was just on CS's site tonight. The midterm rankings had Hall at #1. Have they updated again?
I saw it go by on the Ticker on SPortsnet that the ISS midseason rankings had Seguin at #1. I don't really understand how all the different scouting systems work, but I guess this is different from Central Scouting?
I saw it go by on the Ticker on SPortsnet that the ISS midseason rankings had Seguin at #1. I don't really understand how all the different scouting systems work, but I guess this is different from Central Scouting?
Ok that makes sense...yeah ISS is different than Central Scouting. There is also Red Line.
RealKidPokerI did it! I survived through a laser hair removalon my chest. Hurt like hell, but I made it. I feel so accomplished!
And now Chris is doing a radio show about the procedure. lol.

Ottawa_Biatch has no magazines in the washroom, so reading my shampoo bottle... ammonium sulfate, cocotrimonium chloride, citric acid.. um wait what?

Ottawa_Biatch has no magazines in the washroom, so reading my shampoo bottle... ammonium sulfate, cocotrimonium chloride, citric acid.. um wait what?
My iphone was in the living room. So I couldn't read it. And usually we have some magazines, but they're all in the garbage :club: