10nl Rush: Reckless Semi-bluff?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP3) ($9.43)CO ($12.91)Button ($7.36)SB ($6.28)BB ($9.13)UTG ($6.34)UTG+1 ($10.41)MP1 ($7.32)MP2 ($9.07)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3spade.gif, 3club.gif2 folds, MP1 bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 4 foldsFlop: ($1.05) 5spade.gif, 6spade.gif, 4club.gif(3 players)MP1 bets $1.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9.13 (All-In)No reads. I'm obviously not in good shape against his calling range but do I have enough FE to make this +ev? Or does this fall into the reckless category against a typical 10NL opponent?

Without addressing your main question, I think your hand looks bluffier with this shove than a functionally similar, but less obvious, large raise. I don't mind overbets in general, but it doesn't make as much sense here when you have position.

i think it is rather spewy. i dont mind at all to float this bc a decent amount of turns are great for us. any low card and any spade, and any club is great for us.

i like a call - try and improve on the turnnot the worst shove though
we have an opened st8 draw and a back door flush draw, this is a horrible shove this deep imo, overpairs are pwning is a lot here
we have an opened st8 draw and a back door flush draw, this is a horrible shove this deep imo, overpairs are pwning is a lot here
Shove isn't horrible. A float is better, but shove is fine.How exactly are overpairs "pwning" us here?
Shove isn't horrible. A float is better, but shove is fine.How exactly are overpairs "pwning" us here?
you would shove this deep? thats a massive overbet of the pot. imo:float>>>>>>>>>>>>shove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>micro raise>> foldi mean shove is in fact better then a small raise or a fold, but that is about it imo
No reads. I'm obviously not in good shape against his calling range but do I have enough FE to make this +ev? Or does this fall into the reckless category against a typical 10NL opponent?
Your jam turns your hand face up imo... well not exactly 3's but some form of incomplete hand... if you're gonna raise pot it

PSB would be making it $6, leaving you a little over $3 back. You honestly might as well shove if you're going to pot it. Rumsey, I understand its an overbet. That's the point - we're not doing it for value. But we need as much FE as possible here. I also note you failed to answer how an overpair is "pwning" here.

Too many people are abusing the word 'float' in this thread. I guess 'float' is the new 'call'.As for the shove, I think it's pretty bad. Unless villain is passive/weak (which, he doesn't appear to be, since he potted this float after a preflop raise) he is not going to lay down an overpair. If you were deepstacked, then I would like a raise.You're only going to get AK to fold, so you're not achieving any extra FE with a shove.

Rumsey, I understand its an overbet. That's the point - we're not doing it for value. But we need as much FE as possible here. I also note you failed to answer how an overpair is "pwning" here.
Safe to say he's not folding a big pair, and if he calls with a big pair I'm a pretty decent underdog. Maybe I'm not quite getting pwned, but I'm a 2:1 dog. I don't think I have enough FE here because the only hands he might fold are non-spade overcards and I think people are right that my shove does look bluffish.
Safe to say he's not folding a big pair, and if he calls with a big pair I'm a pretty decent underdog. Maybe I'm not quite getting pwned, but I'm a 2:1 dog. I don't think I have enough FE here because the only hands he might fold are non-spade overcards and I think people are right that my shove does look bluffish.
You're not a 2:1 dog against overpairs, it's closer to 3:2.
PSB would be making it $6, leaving you a little over $3 back. You honestly might as well shove if you're going to pot it. Rumsey, I understand its an overbet. That's the point - we're not doing it for value. But we need as much FE as possible here. I also note you failed to answer how an overpair is "pwning" here.
I think you get more fold equity by raising to $4 or so. It looks so much stronger than a shove and pot-commits you so you really don't have to worry about being bluffed off of it as villain would be shoving for an extra $3 on top of your raise.
this is what i was getting at. the large size of this move looks like a semibluff/ bluff a lot, and therefore he calls lighter than usual with made overpairs, i probably wouldn't be suprised if he got snapped by 9's+ here, i mean you have folding equity but why turn a hand with such potential into almost a total bluff. SSSSOOOO many turns are great, and some middle of the road ones too
this is what i was getting at. the large size of this move looks like a semibluff/ bluff a lot, and therefore he calls lighter than usual with made overpairs, i probably wouldn't be suprised if he got snapped by 9's+ here, i mean you have folding equity but why turn a hand with such potential into almost a total bluff. SSSSOOOO many turns are great, and some middle of the road ones too
Because while so many turns are great for us, those turns will slow someone with an overpair down, and we may not get paid off at all.Not to say that I agree with anything here, but just remember that.
Too many people are abusing the word 'float' in this thread. I guess 'float' is the new 'call'.As for the shove, I think it's pretty bad. Unless villain is passive/weak (which, he doesn't appear to be, since he potted this float after a preflop raise) he is not going to lay down an overpair. If you were deepstacked, then I would like a raise.You're only going to get AK to fold, so you're not achieving any extra FE with a shove.
http://www.bluffmagazine.com/magazine/Floa...n-Adams-920.htm
Because while so many turns are great for us, those turns will slow someone with an overpair down, and we may not get paid off at all.
Thank you. Guess I should have spelled that out, but I thought it was pretty obvious.
The only great turn card is a deuce.You guys make it sound like we have a royal draw.
But callling the flop also gives me the option of repping a flush if a spade hits on the turn and he checks. Since I have position, I don't necessarily need to complete my draw on the turn.
But callling the flop also gives me the option of repping a flush if a spade hits on the turn and he checks. Since I have position, I don't necessarily need to complete my draw on the turn.
That may be true, but you did not call the flop :club: My point is that we do not have "SSSSOOOO many [great] turns..."

people dont fold in rush like ever. i have been playing a lot of it recently. make hands and bet them hard. that wins very nicely in rush.i mean seriously no lie i see underpairs get it in so often against me when i have good top pairs on turbo naked boards sometimes, i think we can assume we get payed off about half the time by calling, and if he is just cbetting and checks turn we can fire turn for a ton of value at that point

PSB would be making it $6, leaving you a little over $3 back. You honestly might as well shove if you're going to pot it.
I'm fully aware the bet is effectively a shove, but I disagree that shoving is better