Nj Gov. Chris Christie Speech To Mayors

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"El Guapo"? Shouldn't you be stealing a real Americans job right now or something, Paco?
made me laugh at 630 in the morning...+1
Christie’s Courageous Climate Stance
When it comes to climate change, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie annoys people on both extremes of the political spectrum. One more reason to see a bright future for this guy. On the far left, the Daily Kos types fulminate that Christie is a stooge of fossil fuel interests. Over on the far right, the vein throbbing set obsesses that Christie has joined the church of Al Gore. This is a positive development. In defying ideologues and their litmus tests, Christie is blazing a trail that could lead the U.S. out of its polarized rut on energy and climate policy. What did Christie do that resulted in such diverse outbursts of ideological bloviation? On August 19, he vetoed a bill that would have returned New Jersey to the Northeast’s regional cap-and-trade program for power plants. It’s called the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, or RGGI for short. He explained his veto as follows: While I acknowledge that the levels of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in our atmosphere are increasing, that climate change is real, that human activity plays a role in these changes and that these changes are impacting our state, I simply disagree that RGGI is an effective mechanism for addressing global warming.

Well, Fox News said recently that their fact checkers think that climate change is caused by humans.So it's true. He really isn't all that courageous, he's just following the most trusted sources on issues of science and politics: Fox News.Boom! Take that, liberals.

I had seen this, and it's this kind of thinking that makes so many people want him to run for president. This is basically what a lot of people in the various warming threads on here are saying: let's not pay a million dollars to solve a thousand dollar problem.
I had seen this, and it's this kind of thinking that makes so many people want him to run for president. This is basically what a lot of people in the various warming threads on here are saying: let's not pay a million dollars to solve a thousand dollar problem.
+1 for governing with a brain over ideology
Praise for Christie from a DemocratChristie's Good Fight
he is very good and from what i have seen certainly the man from either party for the job....that he claims he doesn't want. Sigh.
Christie slams calls to offset Irene disaster aid
Christie slams calls to offset Irene disaster aid By Justin Sink - 09/01/11 10:44 AM ET New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie joined calls for immediate increases to the FEMA disaster aid budget in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, slamming Republican colleagues such as House Majority Leader Eric Cantor who have called for additional funds to be offset by equivalent spending cuts.“Our people are suffering now, and they need support now. And they [Congress] can all go down there and get back to work and figure out budget cuts later,” Christie said according to the Wall Street Journal.The Republican governor was speaking at a town hall event in Lincoln Park, New Jersey with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate, and other New Jersey politicians.“You’re going to turn it into a fiasco like that debt-limit thing where you’re fighting with each other for eight or nine weeks and you expect the citizens of my state to wait? They’re not gonna wait, and I’m going to fight to make sure that they don’t,” Christie said. “I don’t want to hear about the fact that offsetting budget cuts have to come first before New Jersey citizens are taken care of.”An incensed Christie went on to emphasize the importance of federal aid. Around 150,000 in New Jersey are still without power and some communities remain flooded. The storm killed seven people in the state, and 45 along the eastern seaboard.“We need the support now here in New Jersey, and that’s not a Republican or a Democratic issue,” Christie said.

I thought some of Christie's early actions were either heavy-handed (dealing with the NJ teachers) or short-sighted (trying to derail the ARC project) but lately it's becoming more and more clear that he might be the last moderate Republican who still commands the respect of the GOP rank and file. He has had a VERY impressive last month or two, imo.I hope he reconsiders his decision to not run for President. But, I think he might be too smart and realize that being the President these days is an awful job that nobody in their right mind would want.

I thought some of Christie's early actions were either heavy-handed (dealing with the NJ teachers) or short-sighted (trying to derail the ARC project) but lately it's becoming more and more clear that he might be the last moderate Republican who still commands the respect of the GOP rank and file. He has had a VERY impressive last month or two, imo.I hope he reconsiders his decision to not run for President. But, I think he might be too smart and realize that being the President these days is an awful job that nobody in their right mind would want.
:club::ts:4h
  • 3 weeks later...
C'mon Chris, do this!I watched the R's debate last night and realized how much I hated politicians. Even my favorite, Gary Johnson, played the political game by sticking to talking points instead of answering the question. It's just pathetic. I think Chris Christie is the only politician who actually answers questions, and I think America is ready for that.
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/sep/27/no-...stie-at-reagan/Not sure what to think here. On the radio there were reports that his talks w. Bush, Kissinger and Nancy Regan made him reconsider. In addition, Barbara Bush called his wife, and now his wife has given the OK. Apparently before she had put the kaibosh on any campaign.He still said no, but not emphatically??If he doesn't run, I think the only person I could vote for right now is Cain. But I need to read up more on him.

Christie isn't running.Somehow, in the strangest case in American Politics, Christie actually has someone on his staff who isn't blowing smoke up his skirt telling him he's a shoe in.He's pro-amnesty, anti-guns, pro-Cap&Trade.He would be a regular democrat candidate.He would not do any good as a republican candidate.John McCain would say: "This guys too far left to elect"He's fine in New Jersey, he doesn't belong in Washington as a republican.You know who the last person was who everyone kind of liked when he smacked reporters around and spoke rough and tough? Donald Rumsfeld.

Christie isn't running.Somehow, in the strangest case in American Politics, Christie actually has someone on his staff who isn't blowing smoke up his skirt telling him he's a shoe in.He's pro-amnesty, anti-guns, pro-Cap&Trade.He would be a regular democrat candidate.He would not do any good as a republican candidate.John McCain would say: "This guys too far left to elect"He's fine in New Jersey, he doesn't belong in Washington as a republican.You know who the last person was who everyone kind of liked when he smacked reporters around and spoke rough and tough? Donald Rumsfeld.
Is Christie the anti-Perry or anti-Romney?

Christie is fiscally conservative and socially "we're not touching that". I think that is the best candidate the R's could get right now.Romney will lose to Obama. Badly. Romney is an empty suit, and when empty suit meets empty suit, the one who can play on the White Guilt the most wins.BG: Where did you get he was anti-gun? I've never heard that, and I've never heard he is pro-Cap&Trade. In fact, didn't he say that he agrees there is a real problem but that solution was too expensive?