Rush, so no reads. I hate these spots.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($19.74)BB ($38.21)UTG ($14.44)UTG+1 ($13.83)MP1 ($12.02)MP2 ($17.82)Hero (MP3) ($9.75)CO ($4.69)Button ($14.14)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.30Flop: ($0.95) 10club.gif, 8spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.65, MP1 calls $1.15Turn: ($4.25) 6club.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80River: ($5.85) 5club.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $3, Hero ???Thoughts on all streets welcome. I intended to raise to .50 preflop but accidentally stopped at .40 when I scrolled the mouse wheel.

If you called the river, then I like your line. Looking at the hand in a little more detail:!) PF is fine: I'm happy with a $0.40 raise ($0.50 is fine too).2) Flop looks fine.3) If you call turn then you're (at least) calling that river. Since no realistic draws got there, I also like shoving to stack his kings. When we're only ~100 BBs effective at the start of the hand, I don't stress too much about getting it all in with an over pair at this level. That being said, I am fine if you just call this river.When the villain makes a weak donk bet like he did on the turn, then I like to call with AA on dry, draw-free boards and raise on drawy boards. With this board, any card between 7 - K could realistically smack his range. I like taking a raise-call line here. So I would most often raise the turn to... meh, looking back at stack sizes at this point, a shove on the turn is fine.

I was actually worried on the turn that he was sucking me in with that bet. He donks into me on the flop, calls my raise, then leads out small again on the turn? It sent up a red flag.

I was actually worried on the turn that he was sucking me in with that bet. He donks into me on the flop, calls my raise, then leads out small again on the turn? It sent up a red flag.
This is like 10x more likely to be a marginal hand who wants to get to SD cheaply than it is a monster who wants you to spazz raise. People don't play to induce spazz at 10NL.

i dont mind calling the turn to see a safe river and shoving over that, but a raise on turn is just fine too

i dont mind calling the turn to see a safe river and shoving over that, but a raise on turn is just fine too
Problem is, half the deck is an "unsafe" river, and if we shove on a safe river, it's really hard to stack someone with a worse hand. The place to get value in this hand is the flop/turn, not the river.
Problem is, half the deck is an "unsafe" river, and if we shove on a safe river, it's really hard to stack someone with a worse hand. The place to get value in this hand is the flop/turn, not the river.
i agree, im just trying to say as played. i mean the only hands we hate are KK and K10, so in theory this raise should be rather profitable
i agree, im just trying to say as played. i mean the only hands we hate are KK and K10, so in theory this raise should be rather profitable
Or 88? Or 66? Or 55? Or 97?What worse hands pay us off if we shove the river? How many of them are there as opposed to hands that have one pair beat and call?And you really want to give a cheap river to a guy who just turned a pair + FD or pair + SD? Just raise the turn.

if villain open limps and calls a 3 bet he sucks, he easily could have KJ, KQ, K9 kinda hands.

This is like 10x more likely to be a marginal hand who wants to get to SD cheaply than it is a monster who wants you to spazz raise. People don't play to induce spazz at 10NL.
you don't know the bossman I played earlier today. Donks 1/2 pot into my TPTK+NFD. I raise. He shoves. I make the bad call and see a flush.in general I agree and I raise this turn.
if villain open limps and calls a 3 bet he sucks, he easily could have KJ, KQ, K9 kinda hands.
But he didn't limp and call a 3bet. Yes he could have KQ/KJ/K9, but that doesn't mean he will call off a stack to a river shove with them. He is more likely, however, call a turn raise.

So the consensus seems to be raise the turn. Suppose I raise the turn and he 3-bets/shoves. Are you happy getting it in there? And if so, when would you fold a naked AA overpair readless?

happily getting it in here. raise/folding the turn is wrong on 3489382 levels. in fact I probably just shove the turn.I really think you're overanalyzing poker at 10nl, like "if I shove turn he'll fold worse and call with better." Nah. imo Jbreslin you've spent too much time on forums instead of playing (I'm the same way tbh). You're giving these players all sorts of credit that they don't deserve. I mean, look at his line. Limp/call pf, donk/call flop, donk for .8 into $4.25. He doesn't know what he's doing!

Yeah if you raise the turn it's with the intention of getting it in. A shove isn't terrible, but I just make a more normal sized raise so he doesn't get any ideas about folding KQ/KJ.

Rush, so no reads. I hate these spots.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($19.74)BB ($38.21)UTG ($14.44)UTG+1 ($13.83)MP1 ($12.02)MP2 ($17.82)Hero (MP3) ($9.75)CO ($4.69)Button ($14.14)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.30Flop: ($0.95) 10club.gif, 8spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.65, MP1 calls $1.15Turn: ($4.25) 6club.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80River: ($5.85) 5club.gif(2 players)MP1 bets $3, Hero ???Thoughts on all streets welcome. I intended to raise to .50 preflop but accidentally stopped at .40 when I scrolled the mouse wheel.
If villain flopped a set, he played it thoughfully, with the shove-inducing turn donk / min / ridicu-bet. Anyway. As played, I'm def calling the river bet. I think villain plays a lot of AK hands this way, including AKc but we can't lose sleep over that in 10NLI wouldn't be surprised to see KQ etc. random K hands or a set. But we're going to see what villain has. Absolutely.
Nah. imo Jbreslin you've spent too much time on forums instead of playing (I'm the same way tbh). You're giving these players all sorts of credit that they don't deserve.
You could very well be right about that...
I wouldn't be surprised to see KQ etc. random K hands or a set. But we're going to see what villain has. Absolutely.
Ding ding. I did make the call and was a bit surprised when he turned over K9hh. I don't usually review hands that I win but was left wondering if I played the hand badly.The interesting thing is that the way I actually played it most likely got more $ out of my opponent. He probably would have folded if I shoved the turn. It's the kind of hand that does make me wonder if I give my 10NL Rush opponents too much credit.

You've got to remember where you're playing. When I came back to 10nl I was treating it like 50nl. In one of my first hands, I had AA and got checkraised on a 26Jr board. I went into calldown mode because my reasoning process was, "this board is dry, and he wouldn't c/r a one pair hand, so he has to have a monster or a bluff...let me call and allow him to bluff off his chips." I won like a 50bb pot against JT. You have to adjust to these donks. This is why I say you're spending too much time on the forums and not enough at the tables. On forums we see hands from better players, and they don't want to do things like turn their moderate holdings into bluffs, and they want to keep their opponents' range intact, and on dry boards their range is weighted toward bluffs. They're playing better players who won't without good reason checkraise one pair hands. Throw all of this out of the window at 10nl. e.g. How many times have you been scared by an UTG raiser, because well it's UTG and you only raise your best hands from early position? But this same opponent will be one who potdonks/calls with one pair, and he'll open limp on the button, and he'll min 3-bet KJo. He's not positionally aware, so fearing his EP open makes no sense because he's not adjusting his range based upon his position. as for this hand, I guarantee that he's not folding to a turn raise no matter its size. He might if he's played with you before (even donks have a memory), but not without history.

Ding ding. I did make the call and was a bit surprised when he turned over K9hh. I don't usually review hands that I win but was left wondering if I played the hand badly.The interesting thing is that the way I actually played it most likely got more $ out of my opponent. He probably would have folded if I shoved the turn. It's the kind of hand that does make me wonder if I give my 10NL Rush opponents too much credit.
I get called down by top pair ALL THE TIME. But I have an image, so .... But even in rush, against people who couldn't possibly track me .... called down by top pair ALL THE TIME.It's toppest pair. Dammit, it's toppest pair. How can we expect them to fold?