Trade Deadline 2010

Fedetenko was big tonight...finally. Glad he wasn't sitting to be traded. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like this trade. At least we're not giving up more draft picks.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fantasy owner, I'm ok with Caputi going to Toronto. Hopefully he gets time to shine there, and grow with the team.He was looking more and more like a bust every day in Pittsburgh, considering who we have as wingers in the top 6.

Some of you might remember me mentioning this, but a friend of mine is close family with Luca. A few months back, he actually wondered aloud to me if the Leafs would target him. He thought Pittsburgh might be looking to move him after the issues of the past. They had gone so far as to tell Luca one more strike and your gone. And my friend mentioned this interesting connection to the Leafs.....Luca Caputi is related to Enrico Blasi.Blasi is the head coach at Miami of Ohio. Thats the team Brendan Burke worked for.Blasi was asked to be a coach/instructor at the start of Leafs camp this year. No idea if that means anything, but I found it interesting back then, and we both wondered aloud if Blasi would be singing Luca's praises to Burke. I called my friend tonight once I heard only the rumours, and he confirmed the deal was done, he had talked to Luca's mom I think he said. Family is, understandably, overjoyed. this might be a nothing post, but I found it all interesting...

I like it. D'ago is very close to being a bust so any return is great, the brass gave up on him. A decent prospect almost ready for NHL action is a good return.Good move Pierre Gauthier!

RDS reports that Owen Nolan and Eric Belanger will be traded. Devils are looking at Belanger apparently.
I've been told there's a shit load of teams after Eric, which will cost me a bunch of cash. I'm really hoping it's not New Jersey.
k, hurry up with the trades, plz.
Please give us quality and not 28 year old AHL player trades.

ADAM:Good news for you on our Kaberle bet...From Kypreos:Toronto is aware of teams Thomas Kaberle will waive his no trade to go. Now likely he will be gone.

I like it. D'ago is very close to being a bust so any return is great, the brass gave up on him. A decent prospect almost ready for NHL action is a good return.Good move Pierre Gauthier!
Yeah, D'agostini had a big opportunity to grab a spot this season and he failed. Pulashaj, however you spell it, has good skills and was a 2nd round pick. Hopefully this will turn out like the Pouliot/Latendresse trade.
ADAM:Good news for you on our Kaberle bet...From Kypreos:Toronto is aware of teams Thomas Kaberle will waive his no trade to go. Now likely he will be gone.
One time Buffalo!
Everyone else is refuting this, on Twitter.
Yup that was funny..I trust Dreger the most btw...he seems to be dead on usually..Dreger and Mckenzie seem to be the real insiders.

Today is the only day of the year that I don't like being an American. I hate not being able to watch the streaming TSN coverage...anyone got a Canadian proxy I can borrow?

Today is the only day of the year that I don't like being an American. I hate not being able to watch the streaming TSN coverage...anyone got a Canadian proxy I can borrow?
Does the US NHL Network stream anywhere? TSN's coverage is on there.
Yup that was funny..I trust Dreger the most btw...he seems to be dead on usually..Dreger and Mckenzie seem to be the real insiders.
RT @SunGarrioch: Tomas Kaberle is definitely in play.
Don't believe anything that originates from Bruce Garrioch; he's pretty much a poor man's Eklund.
Don't believe anything that originates from Bruce Garrioch; he's pretty much a poor man's Eklund.
His nickname throughout the blogosphere is "Malkin to the Kings" because that deal was DONE according to him.