Special Ops Watches

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would totally get one of those watches if I were you. Thank god I'm not.
You only wish you were me.
ive also seen in some mag...i like them...hope u enjoy it!
thanks chrozzo! just got it sat, it's awesome. i love it.
Obv brag post
yah not really lol. not like I got a rolex or even a tag or gucci or something.
racist
LOL Also, thank goodness for chrozzo for providing the only real opinion on here.

I'll provide a real post then.... it looks like a nice watch. Worth the price? I doubt it.Unless you are, in fact, a NAVY SEAL.Kind of like owning a HUMMER with a lift kit and monster tires.... never gonna take it off road or pull anything.... just drive it to work in the city everyday.

I'll provide a real post then.... it looks like a nice watch. Worth the price? I doubt it.Unless you are, in fact, a NAVY SEAL.Kind of like owning a HUMMER with a lift kit and monster tires.... never gonna take it off road or pull anything.... just drive it to work in the city everyday.
thx man, which watch isnt worth the price? both the seal and the predator? or just the seal? I bought the predator cause its way cheaper plus i don't need all those functions. I agree the seal prob isn't isnt worth it since for 2k i rather buy a tag heuer, gucci or something but i figured the predator still looked alright and it's a good sporty looking bang around kind of watch. I used to be in the army reserves but yah i'm no navy seal. I love the black predator that i'm wearing now tho.

I collect classic timepieces so I understand your interest in these. Personally I'm sporting a Casio Women's Illuminator 10-Year Battery Digital Watch #LW200-1AV. It retails for about $1745, and it's a classic model with all the functions I need (stopwatch, alarm, light, 2nd timezone, 12/24hr display, and date display. Water resistant to 165 Feet, it's got a Quartz movement and a protective mineral crystal dial window to prevent scratches. It's also small and attractive, perfect for a ladies wristwatch. If anyone is looking for a great vintage timepiece for a female loved one, I'd recommend it. You can order them on Amazon too.

I collect classic timepieces so I understand your interest in these. Personally I'm sporting a Casio Women's Illuminator 10-Year Battery Digital Watch #LW200-1AV. It retails for about $1745, and it's a classic model with all the functions I need (stopwatch, alarm, light, 2nd timezone, 12/24hr display, and date display. Water resistant to 165 Feet, it's got a Quartz movement and a protective mineral crystal dial window to prevent scratches. It's also small and attractive, perfect for a ladies wristwatch. If anyone is looking for a great vintage timepiece for a female loved one, I'd recommend it. You can order them on Amazon too.
Your first watch recommendation is a Casio and you want us to seek you for help to get a gift for a woman? :club:
thx man, which watch isnt worth the price? both the seal and the predator? or just the seal? I bought the predator cause its way cheaper plus i don't need all those functions. I agree the seal prob isn't isnt worth it since for 2k i rather buy a tag heuer, gucci or something but i figured the predator still looked alright and it's a good sporty looking bang around kind of watch. I used to be in the army reserves but yah i'm no navy seal. I love the black predator that i'm wearing now tho.
The SEAL... unless you ARE a SEAL... it's an overkill. I'm still not sure the Predator is worth the money either.I'm not a watch guy though.... I have a ROLEX... rarely wear it. Here's how I classify watches:JEWELRY: Rolex.... Tag just for looks and nameFUNCTION: Timex waterproof or Fossil Tells time...comes in variety of looks.The Predator seems like something in between. If I was a welder, a diver...or some sort of mechanic and I was tough on watches.... sure... maybe. I don't think the look warrants the price and the functions can be found at a lower price.What exactly is so cool about it?Just my 2 cents.
The SEAL... unless you ARE a SEAL... it's an overkill. I'm still not sure the Predator is worth the money either.I'm not a watch guy though.... I have a ROLEX... rarely wear it. Here's how I classify watches:JEWELRY: Rolex.... Tag just for looks and nameFUNCTION: Timex waterproof or Fossil Tells time...comes in variety of looks.The Predator seems like something in between. If I was a welder, a diver...or some sort of mechanic and I was tough on watches.... sure... maybe. I don't think the look warrants the price and the functions can be found at a lower price.What exactly is so cool about it?Just my 2 cents.
i just like the look. I've seen timex's and fossils, never really struck me as something i'd like to buy. surprised you don't wear your rolex. it's awesome you have one. One day i'd like to own a platinum one with diamonds instead of numbers on the watch face with a black background. Saw one for 10k in hong kong when i went, couldn't pull the trigger on it.

It just occurred to me that the reason guys like watches so much is because it's the closest they can get to wearing jewellery, at least in a socially acceptable way.Just buy yourself a damn bracelet. Watches are for telling the time, not for looking like a vain, obnoxious douchebag. If you want to show off your wealth or wear something pretty and sparkly, just be honest with yourself and wear real jewellery. FACT.

It just occurred to me that the reason guys like watches so much is because it's the closest they can get to wearing jewellery, at least in a socially acceptable way.Just buy yourself a damn bracelet. Watches are for telling the time, not for looking like a vain, obnoxious douchebag. If you want to show off your wealth or wear something pretty and sparkly, just be honest with yourself and wear real jewellery. FACT.
wow, never thought of it that way. i'm not wearing the predator to look wealthy lol. it's just a plain watch. good theory but u've got me all wrong. I don't even like wearing my wedding ring.
i just like the look. I've seen timex's and fossils, never really struck me as something i'd like to buy. surprised you don't wear your rolex. it's awesome you have one. One day i'd like to own a platinum one with diamonds instead of numbers on the watch face with a black background. Saw one for 10k in hong kong when i went, couldn't pull the trigger on it.
I paid $150 for a winder for the Rolex..... that's how little I wear it. When I'm at work....it's not a watch to have on.When I'm not at work.... I don't go to a lot of places that warrants a Rolex.I've worn it twice this year. Once at a poker tournament and once at a charity event for cancer.It's a nice watch... but not something you would wear to the mall. (I'm always 'packing' when I go to the mall)Again...I'm not a watch guy. I would be more inclined to drop that change on a ring or a chain.just mho
Just buy yourself a damn bracelet. Watches are for telling the time, not for looking like a vain, obnoxious douchebag. If you want to show off your wealth or wear something pretty and sparkly, just be honest with yourself and wear real jewellery.
Could you recommend a nice male bracelet? I don't want something too flashy though, maybe something that conveys this conversation:"Oh hey, you have something on your wrist.""Indeed I do, my friend, indeed I do."*single head nod*"So...did you see the game last night?"
Could you recommend a nice male bracelet? I don't want something too flashy though, maybe something that conveys this conversation:"Oh hey, you have something on your wrist.""Indeed I do, my friend, indeed I do."*single head nod*"So...did you see the game last night?"
If you are interested in meeting women, then wear a Patek and this bracelet65027677.JPGNothing is more attractive to most women than a rich guy who is about to die
Anything from kingice.com .

Watches are a funny thing. I own a small collection of very nice watches, links to each below. Some of them nobody has even taken a second look at, except for the Rolex, because nobody knows any other name than Rolex. Just buy what you like, no matter the price. I don't buy them to impress other people! The good thing about the high end watches, you can usually get close to your money back on them, and if they are rare (as in rare for America, i.e. the Graham or Panerai listed below), you can actually turn a profit on them. It's funny when I wear some of them, people say, "Oh, nice watch, do you have a Rolex?", like a Rolex is the greatest watch in the world. Rolex is a great, classic brand, but there are SO many quality watches out there now it is amazing.Rolex Submariner Date, 40mm steel and goldhttp://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/sub...m116613ln-0001/Officine Panerai Luminor Marina Automatic 44mmhttp://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_lingu...id_categoria=35Graham Swordfish Special Edition - Left Hand (yes, I wear my watches on my left hand), number 221 of 500.http://www.graham-london.com/collection/sw...kknight.en.htmlTag Heuer Grand Carrera Chronograph Calibre 17 RS 2 PVDhttp://www.gemnation.com/watches/Tag-Heuer...6016-15624.htmlTag Heuer Formula 1http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/tag...=CAH1110.BA0850Movado Fierohttp://www.movado.com/Details.aspx?Id=watc...5621&page=1Patek Phillippe Grand Complications (Gift from Grandfather when I graduated Marine Corps boot camp, he was a lifelong Marine and started a telecommunciation consulting company when he retired).http://www.patek.com//html/en/descriptionC..._5159G_001.htmlI also have a couple of Casio G-shocks, three nice Seikos (the flight calculator is my current daily watch right now), a Nautica watch that I love that was only $45. I have watches in the entire spectrum of prices, and I like them all. I am lucky to be able to afford the ones that I have, and if I did fall on hard times, I know I could get close to my money back on them, especially the Panerai, I've had two jewlers tell me they would buy it from me for about 5% more than I paid for it.So, I guess bottom line when it comes to watches, but what YOU like and don't buy something to impress other people. I have found that people (other than at a poker table or jewlery store) RARELY notice what you have on your wrist. I've had one person notice my Patek, and that was at the Bellagio in a tourney, and that watch is worth more than my house (of course, I've only worn in about 5 times, it's parked safe in the safe deposit box and the bank!). I compare a watch to sexy underwear for a woman, you wear it to make yourself feel good, not to impress people that have no idea.Peace

Patek Phillippe Grand Complications (Gift from Grandfather when I graduated Marine Corps boot camp, he was a lifelong Marine and started a telecommunciation consulting company when he retired).http://www.patek.com//html/en/descriptionC..._5159G_001.html
That is a nice looking watch.My wife wants to get me a watch for my bday coming up and I am not a big watch person. But I saw one of these last September when I was at the local jewelry store getting her anniversary present. 51Tc9WWmBFL._SS400_.jpg