Let me start off by saying I know how I feel about this hand, but I think it's interesting enough to generate discussionVillain and I are simultaneously on 3 tables. Most likely he views me as a spewy aggrotard because he's seen me show down some marginal hands and bluffs in very large pots, some of which he berated me for in chat (tho he wasn't in the hand). Villain is a little on the weak/tight side and has stats of 18/11/2. His three bet is a little skewed at 8% (i think it's naturally tighter) bc a lot of his three bets were against my button raises.feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $62.76 UTG+1: $25.65 CO: $60.48 Button: $25.00 SB: $25.00 (Hero)BB: $16.72 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Kd.gifJd.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, UTG calls $2Flop: ($6.25) Jh.gif2h.gif4s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4Turn: ($14.25) As.gif (2 players)Hero?

Let me start off by saying I know how I feel about this hand, but I think it's interesting enough to generate discussionVillain and I are simultaneously on 3 tables. Most likely he views me as a spewy aggrotard because he's seen me show down some marginal hands and bluffs in very large pots, some of which he berated me for in chat (tho he wasn't in the hand). Villain is a little on the weak/tight side and has stats of 18/11/2. His three bet is a little skewed at 8% (i think it's naturally tighter) bc a lot of his three bets were against my button raises.feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $62.76 UTG+1: $25.65 CO: $60.48 Button: $25.00 SB: $25.00 (Hero)BB: $16.72 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Kd.gifJd.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, UTG calls $2Flop: ($6.25) Jh.gif2h.gif4s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4Turn: ($14.25) As.gif (2 players)Hero?
The ace is a horrible card for a lot of reasons, so I'm content with ccing small bets. If we get owned a little, I'm OK with it. We just don't want to get stacked here.
with the A hitting so many Ax fd's is it really a good time to c-c though? I have trouble figuring out a hand we're ahead of if he bets other than maybe KQhh
Pure floats, flush draws, pairs turned into bluffs.
That's what I'm confizzled by... doesn't most of his floating range smack that ace as well?
Not always, he's definitely taking one off with most pairs, some suited connectors (with like backdoor/gutshot draws), KQ etc.
uhm, i think in a 25 nl game a float with the intent to see if a bad turn comes and bluff leverage is out of the question a bit, i mean idk but i wouldn't expect that kinda thinking until like 1-2, maybe a clever .50-1. Your range is kinda correct, but part of me wants to fire a second barrel but villain is not deep enough, so check and pray he thinks you are trapping. Now if he even bets small,... wow he either wants to get it in our is bluffing for once. If your image was better i would say fire 2nd barrel fold to a shove, but we just dont have that option with a bad image. i kinda dont think villain will bet the turn, call it a hunch but i think he is going to check it down and will show up with a similar hand to you

I think turning our hand into a bluff is pretty bad here, and you will see this at 100nl easily, probably even at 50nl. Just because they're idiots doesn't mean they don't understand stuff, they just often don't apply it correctly

I think turning our hand into a bluff is pretty bad here, and you will see this at 100nl easily, probably even at 50nl. Just because they're idiots doesn't mean they don't understand stuff, they just often don't apply it correctly
i mean i only know from what deucescracked/ cr free vids i have seen so idk, just guessing at thatoh and had he had a tag ish image, i am really temped to turn my hand into a bluff here just because villain has to play so honest with the stack size he has, we can some of the time get away with smallish bets, but it doesnt matter bc villain has a lagish image, so we NEVER bluff here.
a really tight slowplayed QQ or KK maybe... but basically nothing which is why I thought this was an interesting spot
This is a really interesting hand. Definitely. I have to admit...it's above my head what the best play here is however, given previous info I "feel" like we are not ahead much here and not bluffing out any hands better than ours. This is probably very weak but I actually consider c/f on turn. c/c is probably best though. Again, I admittedly am stumped.
what hands better than KJ fold here?
gj, j10 kinda normal stationish kinda hands dumb villains love to call 3 bets with pre because they: A.) can never find there fold button anyways, or B.) are trying to make a hand and hold on vs an aggro player, or C.) floated air ( i know not too likely in C but villain may just be trying to hold on with weak holding bc our hero is an aggro tard)I mean i still think villains ranges is kinda sorta (big is a bad word) lets say open ( im cringing saying this but i think you get what im saying) and we could generate folds. For the record, i probably never pull the trigger here, but it is something i would at least consider. Punching line: villain could have, and if he hasn't already most likely at some point will, opened up his ranges due to hero's lagness. In a academic sense, it could work, i dont do it, but it is possible. Our only other option is to try and check down, which over2 streets never wins us the hand here, check check, see a river, no matter what it is if we check to i promise you he fires almost 100% on river, and we fold. This at least gives us a chance to win the hand. and like i said, this is more an academic theory on my part, not my normal line here, i dont pull the trigger here.

so you turned your hand into a bluff and now the river blanks and you have $12 left? Yeahhhh. Maybe try flatting pre once in a while and you won't get into these spots :club: as played, probably cry c/c depending on how light he defends the three bets.

Call>>>3 betting preflopAs played shove the river. With your image, villain will look you up with worse Jx hands, TT-88 since villain has seen you bluff before and all the draws miss on the river.

I hate 3 betting an UTG raiser with KJs here. The hands he defends with here like KQ,AJ dominate you. I would much rather 3 bet with 76s here as the pairs you flop carry less reverse implied odds.This hand is so good to call and c/r flops with, I support you being aggro but don't support your chosen line.

everyone who wants to c-c here admits it's a "crying call." You're correct... you can't fold to a river bet...what you need to think about isa) how many hands he may look us up with we're ahead of if we jamb ) how many hands we're ahead of that he'll jam

everyone who wants to c-c here admits it's a "crying call." You're correct... you can't fold to a river bet...what you need to think about isa) how many hands he may look us up with we're ahead of if we jamb ) how many hands we're ahead of that he'll jam
a) NoneB) Not manyIn my experience, villain has AQ here a lot. Villain won't fold to your C-Bet on the flop, spikes his A, and lets you hang yourself.