Where Is Everyone?

As a super lurker I can attribute the lack of talented players to two things:1. Change just happens. There was a time when live pros like Harry Demetriou, Josh Arieh, Paul Phillips, etc posted here. Not all the time, but occasionally. They moved on to other things, other people will do the same.2. The higher stakes/very talented players wanted a place to discuss high level strategy without people asking stupid questions and somewhere where their competition couldn't see their thought process. And who could blame them. With that said, the loss of the challenge thread/4bb crew was a sad day for FCP. The challenge thread was pretty much the last thing that connected the "old" FCP to the "new" FCP.
Smart lurker right here. Post more.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCP would be a lot better if his post count and yours were swapped.ok there i got in on the drama
lol, its the characters like you fellas that keep me lurking here. I'm a small stakes player that has learned a lot from FCP. I enjoy poker a ton but have a good job and don't have the time/balls/motivation to put in the time necessary to become a great player. I'm a winning player that benefited a lot from challenge thread but cant blame them for leaving because they really were coaching a ton of people without any benefit to them.
lol, its the characters like you fellas that keep me lurking here. I'm a small stakes player that has learned a lot from FCP. I enjoy poker a ton but have a good job and don't have the time/balls/motivation to put in the time necessary to become a great player. I'm a winning player that benefited a lot from challenge thread but cant blame them for leaving because they really were coaching a ton of people without any benefit to them.
We need more Lurbz in this thread :club:
plz dont boost his ego.
I was also fairly sure that it would get rejected as soon as they saw Jeepster. I mean really, look at my pokerstars results Jeepster420. What ******* would want me in a strat discussion?
Come to my home game??
tbh I just use FCP for the Hold Em Freaks tourney passwords. It's like christmas every day!/i miss that fornicator1 guy. he was a cool cat.
skippppppzor flipppppppz
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=140799Different characters, same challenge.
The tight-nit poker group is still there, they just migrated to a place where no one else can read what they say. EZ GAME
Isn't this supposed to be about learning poker? How can newer people learn if all the talent goes elsewhere?
Link?
Isn't this supposed to be about learning poker? How can newer people learn if all the talent goes elsewhere?
Read the thread, the answers to all of your questions are in there. I hate when people say to use the search function, but I don't think it is asking too much to expect you to read the very thread that you are posting in.
tbh I just use FCP for the Hold Em Freaks tourney passwords. It's like christmas every day!/i miss that fornicator1 guy. he was a cool cat.
I use it for the good deals on shoes my new air force ones are the bomb!

Like my uncle Les used to say "When the money is gone, it's time to move on". So enjoy it, you secret handshaking assholes.

For what its worth I am mostly a lurker too. I came here because I watched DN in vegas play the 6 handed WSOP event in 06.I was so impressed by his play that I wanted to learn more. It was then I heard about FCP and he had his own poker forum.I learned I have A LOT to learn about poker. This site/forum has improved my game and I am thankful for it. That being said I mostly come here NOW for entertainment, I log on while doing pretty much nothing and or playing online (which I suck at)There are plenty of d-bags and a-holes here now and in the past and im sure in the future. BUT that IS the entertainment.The wittyness (not sure if that is at all a word) of some people cracks me up. While I dont condone attacking people for no reason, it is pretty humorous at times. Are lines crossed? Sure. Are some people Bigger a-holes/d-bags then others?Yes. BUT that is FCP, and the world over. The difference with a forum/internet and real life is that YOU the poster/reader make a CHOICE to write /read the forum.IF you dont like it move on, it is what it is. As far as why people dont come here anymore, the one poster that mentioned people moving on was 100% correct. Thats all it is.PS. this place will flourish again in june/july during the WSOP. IT ALWAYS does. sidenote I definately reached my quota of " / " marks in this post.

It amazes me that you are still around. I mean you serve no point, honestly.I have no desire to take on students right now. And just because you were rejected from joining s7s doesn't mean that you can't be a successful poker player. I'm sure you will learn how to play and make money one day. Althought I might lay 10-1 against it.It's sad that you and a few others exist. It's for that exact reason that talented players leave this forum.It makes total sense now. Very clear why people leave.I would argue that if people like Dratj left this forum, things would get better.
I see you are still a douchebag. The bolded is not true at all. I hate to rehash old shit but just to defend myself, I applied, you said you were interested and wanted to know more about me (imo wanting to know if i wanted to pay), I balked at the cost cause it was never stated up front and that was the end of that. Cause there was all this bs about you contributing to the forums, being so cool cause you were helping guys and a lot of guys took this as meaning free training. I'm cool with you charging, just be up front with it and you are not contributing but just making a buck. Which again is fine but like all your threads, you just aren't straight up. Any of you new guys can look up many of Steve's old threads where i'm not the only one thrashing him. Some are even respected players. Also, regarding your other post, i'm not hiding behind my computer, although there is really no point in me meeting you in person. However, if i ever do meet you in person, make no mistake i have no problem at all talking to you face to face. Fcuk, maybe it's all a misunderstanding and maybe you are really a cool guy but you sure come across as a douchebag on here.
Hey Steve, I don't know Dratj and I have no idea what issues you two might have, but you are hardly a contributing or active member of this forum. Why come here just to ask what happened to it or to make statements like your above post. No one disputes you are a great coach and a strong player, so why come here to engage in this pettiness. I, and many others, enjoy some of your threads (like the Ted Forrest one), but the reality is that those are few and far between. I understand if you have better things to do. As I stated above, I think it is wonderfull that the 4BB guys have found a great forum that works for them, but why come here to post as you have in this thread. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but it just seems weird.
Yep.