Where Is Everyone?

when it comes to poker, they are indeed awesome as a group.
Oh, I don't care about poker.
The annoying ones are just me and Gallo. Sorry to disappoint.
I can't imagine why that would disappoint me.
Nah its probably because you come off as a douche.
I was only...oh, wait, I guess that wasn't directed at me.
Everyone on the Internet comes off as thinking they're awesome, but they're just really annoying.
I know that wasn't directed at me.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on the Internet comes off as thinking they're awesome, but they're just really annoying.
you?
I still haven't figured out how to quote someone more than once in one post. It has been explained to me but I wasn't listening
you slow
What he's saying is he doesnt see what value they added to the poker forum besides the poker strategy they talked about so they went and made a real poker forum to talk about it. Good riddence amiritewaithuhalso it seems really childish to apply to a site, get rejected, and then have your opinion change 180 degrees on it. I understand being bitter but you obviously applied bc you thought it would be a great place to grow and learn.
I see no reason to argue for the sake of arguing. The people at 4BB are undoubtedly good poker players and strong strat contributors. Jeepster's point was only that not everyone comes to FCP to get better at poker, some people just come for entertainment. I think one of the reasons that 4BB came into existence was because RDog (and I am only naming him because he was vocal about it) wanted to provide strat advice and not have people question his methods or attitude while doing it. The reality is the Internet is a big place and I am very happy for the people at 4BB for finding a place to thrive as players. I am happy lurking and occassionally posting here and would never want to join a strat heavy forum. I appreciate the advice about poker (such as your comments on a hand I played in the Million last weekend), but overall I am merely a decent recreational player without interest in focusing more time on poker. Additionally, while it does seem bizarre to apply to a site, get rejected, and then trash it, I am not sure it is that much different than leaving a site, telling everyone you are leaving and then returning to post (and clearly I am not talking about you Loosh, but others have certainly done this). Similarly, while I am sure that Steve is something of a poker savant and a wonderful coach, it is quite weird that he returns annually to ask where everyone went.
yes, I still can't figure out how to cuss on here also. I can say shit but not ****. It has been explained but I wasn't listening
to do multiple quotes, hit the quote button below each quote you want (which will turn the button red) and then hit add reply at the bottom of the page.I won't teach you how to swear, asshole
I see no reason to argue for the sake of arguing. The people at 4BB are undoubtedly good poker players and strong strat contributors. Jeepster's point was only that not everyone comes to FCP to get better at poker, some people just come for entertainment. I think one of the reasons that 4BB came into existence was because RDog (and I am only naming him because he was vocal about it) wanted to provide strat advice and not have people question his methods or attitude while doing it. The reality is the Internet is a big place and I am very happy for the people at 4BB for finding a place to thrive as players. I am happy lurking and occassionally posting here and would never want to join a strat heavy forum. I appreciate the advice about poker (such as your comments on a hand I played in the Million last weekend), but overall I am merely a decent recreational player without interest in focusing more time on poker. Additionally, while it does seem bizarre to apply to a site, get rejected, and then trash it, I am not sure it is that much different than leaving a site, telling everyone you are leaving and then returning to post (and clearly I am not talking about you Loosh, but others have certainly done this). Similarly, while I am sure that Steve is something of a poker savant and a wonderful coach, it is quite weird that he returns annually to ask where everyone went.
Steve tries to make these topics annually so his old students can come out of the woodwork and talk about how great their results are. Great marketing ploy.
I think 4bb has a reputation of being solely a strategy site which is not true. I consider myself a recreational player like yourself and I feel comfortable posting there. And I know who you are talking about in the 2nd paragraph lol.
I think 4bb has a reputation of being solely a strategy site which is not true. I consider myself a recreational player like yourself and I feel comfortable posting there. And I know who you are talking about in the 2nd paragraph lol.
Ha. I wasn't trying to be subtle in the second paragraph, but it isn't personal either. I just think it is sort of like taunting an ex once you move on. You can do it, but you are the one who usually ends up looking like you care too much.As for your statement regarding 4BB, I appreciate the clarification. I was certainly not trying to disparage or pigeonhole a site that I have never been to.
My perception of 4BB is that it's a bunch of people talking poker strategy who think they're really awesome, but really are just mostly annoying, except possibly a few people.Of course, I don't even know who the members are, so take what I said with the appropriate amount of salt.But if there's an off topic section there, I might...well, no, I'm still not going to apply, but I'll pretend that I considered it.
Can't it be both? (in my case :club:)
I can only think of 1 person who made a big deal out of leaving and he was probably just drunk. My memory is a little shady though.
There was 2 at least AFAIK.
Similarly, while I am sure that Steve is something of a poker savant and a wonderful coach, it is quite weird that he returns annually to ask where everyone went.
Steve tries to make these topics annually so his old students can come out of the woodwork and talk about how great their results are. Great marketing ploy.
Pretty much, used to work better in the past. I wish he would just be direct and ask for students. would def respect that more. I mean he's trying to be subtle about it but it's so obvious and it just comes off as annoying and stupid.
Pretty much, used to work better in the past. I wish he would just be direct and ask for students. would def respect that more. I mean he's trying to be subtle about it but it's so obvious and it just comes off as annoying and stupid.
It amazes me that you are still around. I mean you serve no point, honestly.I have no desire to take on students right now. And just because you were rejected from joining s7s doesn't mean that you can't be a successful poker player. I'm sure you will learn how to play and make money one day. Althought I might lay 10-1 against it.It's sad that you and a few others exist. It's for that exact reason that talented players leave this forum.It makes total sense now. Very clear why people leave.I would argue that if people like Dratj left this forum, things would get better.
It amazes me that you are still around. I mean you serve no point, honestly.I have no desire to take on students right now. And just because you were rejected from joining s7s doesn't mean that you can't be a successful poker player. I'm sure you will learn how to play and make money one day. Althought I might lay 10-1 against it.It's sad that you and a few others exist. It's for that exact reason that talented players leave this forum.It makes total sense now. Very clear why people leave.I would argue that if people like Dratj left this forum, things would get better.
Hey Steve, I don't know Dratj and I have no idea what issues you two might have, but you are hardly a contributing or active member of this forum. Why come here just to ask what happened to it or to make statements like your above post. No one disputes you are a great coach and a strong player, so why come here to engage in this pettiness. I, and many others, enjoy some of your threads (like the Ted Forrest one), but the reality is that those are few and far between. I understand if you have better things to do. As I stated above, I think it is wonderfull that the 4BB guys have found a great forum that works for them, but why come here to post as you have in this thread. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but it just seems weird.
Also, I would think that most talented players are leaving the forum because they want to allocate more of their poker forum time to strategy and getting better, not because there are negative posters. As has been noted elsewhere in this thread, strategy is not FCP's strong point (although there are some solid contributors). Most people appear to come here just to blow off steam or for entertainment. That being said, to the extent that people are leaving an Internet forum because of some negative posters, I would think they have some maturing to do (rising above the fray so to speak).

fwiw the SNG Grinder thread was my last push for anything resembling serious posts...there's not much around here anymore, i just come here while I'm 9 tabling to keep myself from getting bored and making dumb plays.most of my strat talk, etc., is on AIM now anyway.

Hey Steve, I don't know Dratj and I have no idea what issues you two might have, but you are hardly a contributing or active member of this forum. Why come here just to ask what happened to it or to make statements like your above post. No one disputes you are a great coach and a strong player, so why come here to engage in this pettiness. I, and many others, enjoy some of your threads (like the Ted Forrest one), but the reality is that those are few and far between. I understand if you have better things to do. As I stated above, I think it is wonderfull that the 4BB guys have found a great forum that works for them, but why come here to post as you have in this thread. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but it just seems weird.
I've always said that I think that FCP is a great place. It certainly has changed over time. But as I reviewed threads for the last several days, I began to realize that most of the people I know, no longer posted here. So I created a thread to ask where people went. I wasn't criticizing the state of fcp, nor was I talking about coaching or former students. I think it's great that people have moved on and created there own forum. I also think it's great that people are still here. After realizing that a lot of people moved on, I decided that it would be good to post, hopefully start getting more people to post here again, etc.It has never been my intention to engage in petiness. This guy hides behind a computer, comments on my thread, and literally serves no purpose. It gets old, and to be perfectly honest, I really don't like him.I still feel like I have the ability to contribute a lot to this forum. But that doesn't mean that I won't speak my mind when I find someone doing or saying something that I don't agree with.

Ha I was actually just semi-kidding with what I said about Steve, if he wants to attract players for coaching, then do it by any means necessary. TBH I always thought it was a smart strategy if that's what you were out to do.

Also, I would think that most talented players are leaving the forum because they want to allocate more of their poker forum time to strategy and getting better, not because there are negative posters. As has been noted elsewhere in this thread, strategy is not FCP's strong point (although there are some solid contributors). Most people appear to come here just to blow off steam or for entertainment. That being said, to the extent that people are leaving an Internet forum because of some negative posters, I would think they have some maturing to do (rising above the fray so to speak).
It would seem like this would be true. But I can tell you that people get tired of trolls. Most poker players are looking for a combo of fun and some strat. This is a general poker forum......not off topic.Anyway, I'm sure that things will be great.

As a super lurker I can attribute the lack of talented players to two things:1. Change just happens. There was a time when live pros like Harry Demetriou, Josh Arieh, Paul Phillips, etc posted here. Not all the time, but occasionally. They moved on to other things, other people will do the same.2. The higher stakes/very talented players wanted a place to discuss high level strategy without people asking stupid questions and somewhere where their competition couldn't see their thought process. And who could blame them. With that said, the loss of the challenge thread/4bb crew was a sad day for FCP. The challenge thread was pretty much the last thing that connected the "old" FCP to the "new" FCP.