Ftops Me Winner Scandal

If the story is true the backer is really really dumb. By outing his underage horse he now has no shot at getting any money.
scorched earth tactic. So dumb. I guess he would rather screw over the kid than preserve any chance of getting his money. Lot of amateur lawyers in that thread. Lots of them said some pretty lol things about contract law.

I'm thinking his best route would've been to email FT support and say he backed the kid under the assumption that he was of legal age to play and asked no questions about his actual age before entering the agreement. It's pretty obvious that with this all coming to the attention of the public they're going to investigate it pretty hardcore. At least that way he can save face and at least keep his $2.5k and maybe get some money back out of it.If it's real, that is.

scorched earth tactic. So dumb. I guess he would rather screw over the kid than preserve any chance of getting his money. Lot of amateur lawyers in that thread. Lots of them said some pretty lol things about contract law.
Lot of amateur everything over there, which is why I never read anything unless linked for some reason. Cesspool imo.
I'm thinking his best route would've been to email FT support and say he backed the kid under the assumption that he was of legal age to play and asked no questions about his actual age before entering the agreement. It's pretty obvious that with this all coming to the attention of the public they're going to investigate it pretty hardcore. At least that way he can save face and at least keep his $2.5k and maybe get some money back out of it.If it's real, that is.
lol gl trying to communicate with FT support...besides, it's not their place to intervene in backing arrangements anyways.
lol gl trying to communicate with FT support...besides, it's not their place to intervene in backing arrangements anyways.
Not saying for trying to get his money back, it's pretty obv his money is gone. I meant as far as saving his account / $2,500 investment when they find out he backed an underage kid.

wow, i never goto 2+2, but actually read that entire thread and it's awesome.some of the last posts lend one to think that A) it really is a big lie/scam by the OP or B) Jack hired some people to go post that he is legit. The fact the posts come from people who have been posting there awhile make A much more likely than BEither way GREAT readcouple posts ...I know JackQKA personally and this is just LOLWhen I read the OP's first post I thought it was a joke, but then quickly realised that it wasn't. I'm 100% sure that he has never met Jack, who is 24, and I have no idea what he is trying to achieve with this fabrication of reality.-------this thread is just embarassing.I also know JackQKA and that he is 24 years old 100%, and that OP's post is a complete lie, and have no idea why he is on some sort of personal vendetta against a guy that he has 100% never even met or knows anything about.

Part of me wants this to be a true story so that somebody as stupid as the backer gets screwed but there's probably a pretty good chance that it's all BS.
meh saw this on page 11 of the thread:this thread is just embarassing. I also know JackQKA and that he is 24 years old 100%, and that OP's post is a complete lie, and have no idea why he is on some sort of personal vendetta against a guy that he has 100% never even met or knows anything about. please ban this guy or at least his fake account. thread over.I really hope the whole thing isn't bs lol
Part of me wants this to be a true story so that somebody as stupid as the backer gets screwed but there's probably a pretty good chance that it's all BS.
If this is true, I feel the backer is a schmuck but I can at least understand how getting screwed out of a six figure score mightmake him nuts and do something stupid.In the 2+2 thread, nobody seemed to mention that the kid is a welching punk who deserves to lose his big payday for being a scumbag. He should have had 115k and now he will probably get nada.If this is all true of course...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost...p;postcount=221
ok so i was going to wait til tomorrow to reply to this but its just annoying me too much.I am JackQKA, ive been out tonight celebrating my win and i come home to see everyone sending me links to this thread.... wwwwwttttttttffff!!!!First of all I'd like to say that ive no idea who has posted this thread or what they wish to gain from it??? it is all complete bs, i am 24 years old and have never ever been backed.If anyone is interested here is my story....I have been playing poker seriously for about 2 and a half years, mainly on pstars under sn jackellwood but also on ftp as jackqka and on absolute as ellwoodinho.For most of this time ive been a low-mid stakes mtt grinder with reasonable success. On Sunday I had by a long way the best results ive ever had and for some reason someone has decided to post a load of bs about me.I'd also like to thank my friends Dave, Ben, Keefers, Jamie and Ash for defending me.I hope this can help clear things up asap.Jack

waitIm pretty sure I saw ellwoodinho won the 200k on UB this past weekend. Isn't this thread talking about this guy winning the FTOPS ME?http://pokerworks.com/poker-news/2010/02/2...ion-winner.htmlscroll down to the UB 200k.I'm confusedThis guy is claiming to be both ellwoodinho (won the UB 200k) and JackQKA (won the FTOPS ME). Either he had the sickest online weekend ever or something is wrong here

Personally I think the OP was telling the truth, and the KingAJQ guy is trying to keep his winnings because now he knows they are going to check up on him.One of his 'friends' declares that he has had lots of past success etc. Then someone points out his lack of any success via his screen name resultsThen they say his screen name is different, and after a short time they post a couple new screen names, completely unrelated to his.And ooops, one of those screen names also won another major the same day.No indication in any of the other 'defending our buddy' posts, in fact the tone was that he has had good success 'before' but you don't think that his winning another major the same day wouldn't be implied at minimum?Of course I hope I am wrong and good for the guy for winning loads of money etc. But I suspect that there is more to the story than his post that he 'had a good weekend'