Moron Re-raises All-in With Ace High

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($21.30)idiot donk (MP3) ($31.99)CO ($10)Hero (Button) ($49.79)SB ($14.75)BB ($13.93)UTG ($9.60)UTG+1 ($14.15)MP1 ($13.81)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :club:, A :jh4 folds, idiot donk bets $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.60, 2 folds, idiot donk raises to $8.75, Hero calls $6.15Flop: ($17.85) K :3h, 5 :ts, 9 :4h(2 players)idiot donk checks, Hero bets $17.85, idiot donk raises to $23.24 (All-In), Hero calls $5.39Turn: ($64.33) 10 :qh(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($64.33) J :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $64.33 | Rake: $3kodkid shows [Kd Ac]*** TURN *** [Kh 5s 9s] [Th]*** RIVER *** [Kh 5s 9s Th] [Js]Mappy Face shows a straight, Ace highkodkid shows a pair of KingsMappy Face wins the pot ($61.33) with a straight, Ace high

That's a tough beat, but I'm sure he thought he had fold equity to push you off your hand.

That's a tough beat, but I'm sure he thought he had fold equity to push you off your hand.
Nah. I'm sure the villain recognized the hero as a good, thinking player. Therefore, villain knew that hero would know that villain would know he had no fold equity. Consequently, villain knew that hero must put him on very strong hand. Villain assumed hero could make the tough laydown since he wouldn't make this move with less that 2 pair lacking said fold equity. All in all, a very good bluff imo. I have played with Mappy Face before. He's at least a 3rd or 4th level thinker.
Nah. I'm sure the villain recognized the hero as a good, thinking player. Therefore, villain knew that hero would know that villain would know he had no fold equity. Consequently, villain knew that hero must put him on very strong hand. Villain assumed hero could make the tough laydown since he wouldn't make this move with less that 2 pair lacking said fold equity. All in all, a very good bluff imo. I have played with Mappy Face before. He's at least a 3rd or 4th level thinker.
I can also verify this. OP must be a 5th or 6th level thinker to be able to make such a good call

AKo flatting a 4bet? LOL internet kids.Mappy Face played it well I thought, just got unlucky that you flopped a K, and you got unlucky that he rivered his draw.Mark

Mappy 4 bet AQ preflop.... I flat the 4 bet.TPTK on flop with 2 spades... only 2 hands beat me... AA or KK or maybe AsKs. No way he 4 bets pockets 5's or 9's.I have no fold equity on flop and after my bet there is NO WAY I am folding (I'm priced in). Just really makes me mad that someone makes an absolute horrible read and miss plays his hand to a runner runner he was a 94% dog after the flop. To the person who said why not go all-in he had a str8... he went all-in with A high... then got runner runner for a str8.

No way he 4 bets pockets 5's or 9's.
Based on the sample size of one hand, it's pretty safe to say that 55 and 99 are both in his 4-betting range. After all, A-high is in his check-raise all in for value range on that flop.It's a tough beat, but Mappy Face probably treated this hand like a HU hand and A-high is a good hand in HU pokerz. It's pretty unlucky that you had the monster TPTK, but it's still an easy CRAI for value on that flop.
  • 3 weeks later...

If you 3bet AK, you should be 5betting it.It's a simple rule of draw hands, if you're willing to 3bet it pre, you should be willing to get it AIPF then. If not, you fail.

Mappy 4 bet AQ preflop.... I flat the 4 bet.TPTK on flop with 2 spades... only 2 hands beat me... AA or KK or maybe AsKs. No way he 4 bets pockets 5's or 9's.I have no fold equity on flop and after my bet there is NO WAY I am folding (I'm priced in). Just really makes me mad that someone makes an absolute horrible read and miss plays his hand to a runner runner he was a 94% dog after the flop. To the person who said why not go all-in he had a str8... he went all-in with A high... then got runner runner for a str8.
true. But villain shows up with QJT a lot here. Easy fold.