Just wanted to get this posted as quick as possible to drive my liberal friends to the jug early this morning. http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/02/20/vid...ech/#more-34921I really liked the speech. It was hokey at times, and a couple of the flippant Tiger Woods references I could have done without, but overall I agreed with almost all of what he said. I really like that he called out the Republican Party."It's not enough just to not suck as much as the other side"

Glenn Beck is not a conservative. If liberals wanted to create a media character that could harm the conservative cause as much as possible by spewing pseudo-conservative positions, they would create Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck is not a conservative. If liberals wanted to create a media character that could harm the conservative cause as much as possible by spewing pseudo-conservative positions, they would create Glenn Beck.
What do you base this on? I read all the time in these forums what a tool Beck is, but no one ever actually says why.
What do you base this on? I read all the time in these forums what a tool Beck is, but no one ever actually says why.
First, I haven't watched a lot of him, so maybe I'm off on this. But what I've seen of him, he is a clown, but not the funny kind. He needs a red nose and big shoes. Doing the clown bit without the outfit is just silly.Second, he doesn't seem to have any principle except "Democrats suck". He'll say anything as long as it disagrees with the Democrats, even if it is contradictory to previous stances he has taken.Third, he just says inflammatory things just to rile people. Now, Rush does the same thing, but Rush can back his statements up and starts with a connection to reality. Beck doesn't seem to have any grounding for his inflammatory remarks.
First, I haven't watched a lot of him, so maybe I'm off on this. But what I've seen of him, he is a clown, but not the funny kind. He needs a red nose and big shoes. Doing the clown bit without the outfit is just silly.Second, he doesn't seem to have any principle except "Democrats suck". He'll say anything as long as it disagrees with the Democrats, even if it is contradictory to previous stances he has taken.Third, he just says inflammatory things just to rile people. Now, Rush does the same thing, but Rush can back his statements up and starts with a connection to reality. Beck doesn't seem to have any grounding for his inflammatory remarks.
I would disagree with this characterization of Beck. I haven't seen him all that much myself, but what I have seen he has been spot on, and very willing to back up his arguements with facts. I am not saying he is perfect, I don't really like his style, all the crying and such, but I do think it comes from true passion about what he is talking about and believes. Your description above fits Shawn Hannity to a tee, but not Glenn Beck, at least not from what I have seen. Watch the speech he gave. You will find some good stuff. You will also find plenty to critisize, but I don't think you would call him a clown after watching it. I may be wrong, I would be curious to hear what you think.
I would disagree with this characterization of Beck. I haven't seen him all that much myself, but what I have seen he has been spot on, and very willing to back up his arguements with facts. I am not saying he is perfect, I don't really like his style, all the crying and such, but I do think it comes from true passion about what he is talking about and believes. Your description above fits Shawn Hannity to a tee, but not Glenn Beck, at least not from what I have seen. Watch the speech he gave. You will find some good stuff. You will also find plenty to critisize, but I don't think you would call him a clown after watching it. I may be wrong, I would be curious to hear what you think.
All right, I watched.1. I watched Glenn Beck for an hour.2. He is quite a performer. His pace, his presence, he really can bring it.3. I agreed with the speech. Yes, that's right, Glenn Beck spoke for an hour and I can't pick it apart.4. Several of the regulars here will enjoy his discussion about small businessmen and college.5. My favorite part was that they kept scrolling the results of the straw poll, which apparently brought boos from the attendees when it was first announced.
All right, I watched.1. I watched Glenn Beck for an hour.2. He is quite a performer. His pace, his presence, he really can bring it.3. I agreed with the speech. Yes, that's right, Glenn Beck spoke for an hour and I can't pick it apart.4. Several of the regulars here will enjoy his discussion about small businessmen and college.5. My favorite part was that they kept scrolling the results of the straw poll, which apparently brought boos from the attendees when it was first announced.
Glen Beck is not an idiot. He just plays one on TV and makes millions doing it. outrageousness sells. He is perfectly capable of making sense but a lot of what he rants about on his show is some tinfoil hat crazy talk.
Glen Beck is not an idiot. He just plays one on TV and makes millions doing it. outrageousness sells. He is perfectly capable of making sense but a lot of what he rants about on his show is some tinfoil hat crazy talk.
Yeah, that's where I got my original impression -- links to his lunatic stuff.

Glenn Beck is a fiscal conservative. He naturally attacks Democratic policies more then Republicans…the Democrats tax, spend and waste more. He also attacks some of the stupid don’t tax but continue to spend Republicans…who are well deserving of the attacks.\ The guy who I find very interesting is Rush’s sub Mark Stien, i think? He is a guy I don’t know a much about but seems to have some great observations.

I had not watched Glen Beck's program before he came to Fox News (go figure)Glen Beck's "outrageousness" is pulling back the curtain on Obama's appointee's and their links to marxism,communism and all of the other ism's.He gone in depth thru the history of "progressivism" in the United StatesI am sure you can find a "outrageous" things he has said, but if you had a TV Show and a Radio show and talked for 4+ hours a day... They would find a good soundbite on you too. Glen Beck also openly admits when he is wrong.Does Glen Beck Cry too much? yeah probably, is it real... Who knows.. Does he use a funny voice to underscore his points.. sure.. The speech to CPAC was vintage Glen Beck (from Fox).
Does Glen Beck Cry too much? yeah probably, is it real... Who knows..
Oooh, oooh, pick me....
Does he use a funny voice to underscore his points.. sure..
That is one thing I like about him, his acting skills are superb. He really is a showman.
I had not watched Glen Beck's program before he came to Fox News (go figure)Glen Beck's "outrageousness" is pulling back the curtain on Obama's appointee's and their links to marxism,communism and all of the other ism's.He gone in depth thru the history of "progressivism" in the United StatesI am sure you can find a "outrageous" things he has said, but if you had a TV Show and a Radio show and talked for 4+ hours a day... They would find a good soundbite on you too. Glen Beck also openly admits when he is wrong.Does Glen Beck Cry too much? yeah probably, is it real... Who knows.. Does he use a funny voice to underscore his points.. sure.. The speech to CPAC was vintage Glen Beck (from Fox).
I think even if I had a tv show and talked on the record all the time I could manage to avoid accusing a half-white president of hating white people.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ndc2LX2u98Like I said, he can talk in a perfectly rational manner when he wants to but half of his appeal is in his outrageousness. And some of these things are really outrageous not "outrageous"Still waiting on the arrival of those FEMA camps....
I turned on the first video and the band Muse was playing, so I immediately had to turn it off. I'm trying to build up the courage to jump in once again, but it'll be difficult.

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching people from the left who lay claim to compassion and caring show their true colors by their hatred they focus on a person who they disagree with.Quick, take a shot at Sarah Palin's retarded son, it's okay..you guys are for universal health care.

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching people from the left who lay claim to compassion and caring show their true colors by their hatred they focus on a person who they disagree with.
I only support hatred when it's funny, or in general when it's aimed at Glen Beck.
Just wanted to get this posted as quick as possible to drive my liberal friends to the jug early this morning. http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/02/20/vid...ech/#more-34921I really liked the speech. It was hokey at times, and a couple of the flippant Tiger Woods references I could have done without, but overall I agreed with almost all of what he said. I really like that he called out the Republican Party."It's not enough just to not suck as much as the other side"
So, is it just me, or does he come across as the leader of a cult in this speech? I'm one video in, and now he's onto bashing Theodore Roosevelt for being a progressive.
So, is it just me, or does he come across as the leader of a cult in this speech? I'm one video in, and now he's onto bashing Theodore Roosevelt for being a progressive.
Yes he is...and doing a fine a job of it. What an awesome speech. He hit it way out of the yard.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you disagree that TR was a progressive?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_RooseveltOr that the history of progressivism is relevant to our current situation?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you disagree that TR was a progressive?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_RooseveltOr that the history of progressivism is relevant to our current situation?
No, he absolutely was a progressive. I think he was a great President and a great thinker, and I think that if you're taking up issues with Teddy Roosevelt you are a) about 100 years too late and b) aren't necessarily going to win over too many converts, since Roosevelt is a pretty popular guy.
No, he absolutely was a progressive. I think he was a great President and a great thinker, and I think that if you're taking up issues with Teddy Roosevelt you are a) about 100 years too late and B) aren't necessarily going to win over too many converts, since Roosevelt is a pretty popular guy.
Yeah, the other Roosevelt is pretty popular among people who don't study history, too.It's important to know how we got to the point where every American is in debt for almost as much as the median family income. Teddy certainly was a small offender in the grand scheme, but I think it's interesting to know who did what and when. And it's also interesting to see the patterns -- the name changes, the excuses for why we need just this one little bit of socialized something or other. Yes, the slippery slope matters, because we're reaching the bottom now.
Yeah, the other Roosevelt is pretty popular among people who don't study history, too.It's important to know how we got to the point where every American is in debt for almost as much as the median family income. Teddy certainly was a small offender in the grand scheme, but I think it's interesting to know who did what and when. And it's also interesting to see the patterns -- the name changes, the excuses for why we need just this one little bit of socialized something or other. Yes, the slippery slope matters, because we're reaching the bottom now.
Yeah, and..He was also gay..
Theodore Roosevelt Was A Gay ManWASHINGTON, D.C.—Newly uncovered documents at the National Archives reveal that Theodore Roosevelt was not only a burly outdoorsman, but also a gay man. "We're not trying to debunk any myths here," head archivist Fran Fretny said. "All we're saying is that he was quite gay." Evidence of Roosevelt's gayness include his excessive smiling; his jolly, booming voice; and his generally "sunny" disposition. "He was just a happy, robust, cheerful fellow, is all we're saying," Fretny concluded, adding that she did not mean to imply that Roosevelt was a homo.