Offical Olympic Curling Thread..

I really enjoy olympic hockey, one of my favorite olympic memories was watching Hasek lead the Czech republic to a gold, this performance was unbelievable. But, what I'm really excited about is curling. I haven't watched it in ages and ages. I really think this sport should catch on in the US, it seems like it could be a great bar sport, like bowling on Ice, people could drink and be in leagues and what not. Anyway, this thread is for curling railing. I hope they actually broadcast it in the US

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought if I could be an Olympian in one sport... it would be curling. I could train for a couple years and learn how to sweep a broom on ice super fast. How hard could it be?

I've always thought if I could be an Olympian in one sport... it would be curling. I could train for a couple years and learn how to sweep a broom on ice super fast. How hard could it be?
IMO, try it before you say that.

Yeah, making a 65 pound slab of granite turn in a particular direction by getting the ice slightly warmer and making it stop within inches of where you wanted it from 60 feet away isn't exactly intuitive.

My buddies and I got drunk one night at a bar about 10 years ago and came up with the idea to try out for USA Curling. We figured it couldn't be all that rough, and there wouldn't be much competition to make the Olympic squad. We figured it was just like shuffleboard and bowling on skates, with some sweeping involved - piece of cake. We even made a half-hearted attempt to see if Labatt would sponsor us. Anyways, it seemed like a really good idea at the time...

Why can't they have Curling this weekend? There is absolutely nothing of interest scheduled
the downhill is a premier event...but got postponed.

Yeah, I'm pissed they don't even have curling on Family Day, such bullshit, I get the day off because of the stat holiday, and there isn't even any curling on. Side note, my buddy at work tried to tell me curling wasn't a sport. Bah, I got so mad. Nothing tilts me more then when people say something isn't a sport when they haven't even tried it. I suck at golf, never tried it, and I hate it, but I know it's a sport, and that is certainly isn't easy. Curling is a sport, and you need to be in excellent shape, especially if you are lead or 2nd. I'd like to see anybody try to carry a rock as far as Ben Hebert and Mark Kennedy can, those guys are so sick.

Dude I was all about Nicole Joraanstad until I saw British skip Eve MuirheadMight not be the best picture, go watch on TV. I'm rooting for her.
agreed.thanks to Biatch, Serge and our bet, I watched quite a bit of her match.I couldnt believe how young she was.
LOL, are you kidding me? Denmark has one of the worst teams. Russia has a super hot skip, but even better looking third.
I just mentioned that, because the US was playing them, I haven't seen the other teams, ov. The Denmark captain, the 22 year old blond is legit hot. THey showed the russian throw against GB, and also a hot team, though they got trounced.
OMG I cannot listen to the chinese women's team curl!!!!! LOL LOL LOL it makes my hair stand up....
I'm imagining the village slaughter scene from Platoon right now, that's probably not too far from what it sounds like.