‘high Stakes Poker’ Returns For New Season With Best Lineup Yet

Doyle's shove was profitable, though not optimial.
Out of curiosity how profitable are we talking here?So, it's 400/800 with three straddles ... so 400 + 800 + 1600 + 3200 + 6400 + 100 ante = roughly 13K in pot. Doyle shoved for approx 150K which equates to him having to win 13 out of 150 hands or 8.6% of the time to break even.Am I thinking about this the correct way?Thanks,
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity how profitable are we talking here?So, it's 400/800 with three straddles ... so 400 + 800 + 1600 + 3200 + 6400 + 100 ante = roughly 13K in pot. Doyle shoved for approx 150K which equates to him having to win 13 out of 150 hands or 8.6% of the time to break even.Am I thinking about this the correct way?Thanks,
That's not the way to think about it. He's picking the pot up ALOT. He has an M of 12ish and I think it was 7 or 8 handed at that point. His equity when called isn't terrible either since he's usually going to have 3 outs plus hearts.It's just a really long math problem that includes factors of opponents calling ranges and his equity when called, Ill try doing themath out later tonight or tomorrow to show you.
So I opened up Youtube like I do every afternoon blazed some B.C kush and was hopeing to watch or i should say ecpecting to watch the new high stakes poker but i see youetube says the vids are down due to a copy right claim my GSN.Pokertube hsp hasnt worked for me in months so plz tell me theres another site i can watch it at i would for ever owe you one tx.
i thought i was the only one who enjoyed watchin high stakes poker super blazed.
That's not the way to think about it. He's picking the pot up ALOT. He has an M of 12ish and I think it was 7 or 8 handed at that point. His equity when called isn't terrible either since he's usually going to have 3 outs plus hearts.It's just a really long math problem that includes factors of opponents calling ranges and his equity when called, Ill try doing themath out later tonight or tomorrow to show you.
Thanks. These are the types of factors that I like to see. He is only going to get called by a hand that has him beat so I guess you would have to factor what % of the time that hand is dealt ... yeah I guess it would be a crazy math problem.

i would maybe think Daniel could get away from trip 9s there - mike was playing very tight - what did he put him on 9 2? he at least has a 9 and Daniel's 8 kicker isn't very promisingof course he wasn't exactly in the mindset to get away from hands - if he ever is

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE WAY DN IS GETTING BUTT RAPED HERE.IS THERE ANY END TO IT?ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN POKER DOESNT DESERVE THIS.ARE THE POKER GODS REAL? DO THEY HAVE IT IN FOR HIM?HIS LUCK HAS TO TURN AT SOME POINT DOESNT IT?

Yah pretty rough episode for Daniel. He couldn't even win one of the TT/AQs matches....ugh.

I know Gabe's jokes have been hit or miss this season but the " we have our High Stakes Poker ice statue there because we all know when you think poker you think ice statues!" was lol

I don't remember Gabe being funny this whole season. I may have chuckled once or twice.....maybe. I think Doyle has made me laugh more.

can't understand that call at the end by DN
Me either, I guess he put doyle on a flush draw or maybe 55. I couldn't believe he called 60,000 more though, its not like Doyle was messing around too much.

Does anyone besides me think that Doyle is gonna get even/winner in this game as much as they have been promoting his winning streak? He's only down 150k and Lex is coming to replace Mike and apparently talks them into playing 500/1000 blinds.