‘high Stakes Poker’ Returns For New Season With Best Lineup Yet

AJ is still missed, because Gabe needs to be talking to someone other than himself.The conversation about Gus and a celibacy bet was lol-worthy, though."What if I accidentally [bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]?"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aj will NEVER be forgotten. this is beyond disturbing how incredibly unlikely DN keeps running on these shows.dwan is a great player no doubt but the guy is a damn card rack.
well he did accidentally show a card and then hit a 3 outer
Yah for some reason I was rooting for someone to take him down every pot he entered. Weird. I don't actually know anything about him other than he has been doing well in tournies
It looks like Mercier busts out in episode 5 from what the previews show. As far as what Gus said, I'm guessing it was an innuendo in which he correlated eating fish to eating a girl's undercarriage.

Gus Hansen was the only entertaining thing in that episode. It's still fun to analyze every $ bet they make. I think we've just been spoiled by Sam Farha and Patrik Antonious when they have been playing. Durr is pretty much picking off all the scared money and the sad thing is nobody is really playing back at him except for Dario.

Does anyone know what gus said in the bleep?....and next week's episode looks pretty good
Ya when durrrr said if you eat steak by mistake you wont lose the whole bet,Gus said what happens if i stick it in by accident does that count to loseing the celibecy bet.
Does anyone know what gus said in the bleep?....and next week's episode looks pretty good
The guy who runs this joint ought to know ... he was sitting next to Gus.
----------->>As far as what Gus said, I'm guessing it was an innuendo in which he correlated eating fish to eating a girl's undercarriage.
I wonder if that vegetarian bet took off or how it turned out.
As far as what Gus said, I'm guessing it was an innuendo in which he correlated eating fish to eating a girl's undercarriage.
I figured that one out. I was more curious as to the exact details of "what if I accidentally..." followed by the really loooong bleep.Never heard it called "undercarriage" before. Sounds positively Victorian.

That was a very well played hand by Durr against Ivey ... however it seems fairly standard does it not. I guess it's so "sick" because of the amount of money at stake, but really it was just a really good three barrell bluff. Ivey couldn't call in that spot. You can't say Dwan has air there enough of the time to warrant a call. I really wanted to see a call because I always imagine that Ivey is reading your soul, but I guess that is not the case.I thought this episode was the best so far. Not really looking forward to next week, but maybe there will be some fun hands.

That was a very well played hand by Durr against Ivey ... however it seems fairly standard does it not. I guess it's so "sick" because of the amount of money at stake, but really it was just a really good three barrell bluff. Ivey couldn't call in that spot. You can't say Dwan has air there enough of the time to warrant a call. I really wanted to see a call because I always imagine that Ivey is reading your soul, but I guess that is not the case.I thought this episode was the best so far. Not really looking forward to next week, but maybe there will be some fun hands.
I agree with all of this.
Have to disagree when Antonio said last season most women don't find him attractive. Most beautiful mouth in poker, by far, and nice eyes too. Ugly orange-print shirts, not so much. But those lips are incredible.
CSLs, huh?
I wonder if that vegetarian bet took off or how it turned out.
You probably know the answer by now, but Ivey paid 150K to get out of it ... can't remember how long it went before the buyout but I know it was less than 3 months (I'm guessing 6 weeks or so).

Gabe is starting to get on my nerves. He made the AA/KK hand between Ivey and PA seem like dumb luck that they didn't get it all in pf. Both played the hand well IMO. Btw I liked this episode quite a bit for some reason. Durrr is running stupid good but continuing to play well too. Dennis Phillips seems WAY WAY over matched in this line up.

Gabe is starting to get on my nerves. He made the AA/KK hand between Ivey and PA seem like dumb luck that they didn't get it all in pf. Both played the hand well IMO.
You mean it's not standard to get 1250bb in preflop?
Gabe is starting to get on my nerves. He made the AA/KK hand between Ivey and PA seem like dumb luck that they didn't get it all in pf. Both played the hand well IMO.
Don't forget, Gabe watches the entire hand, then goes back and talks about it knowing full well what is about to happen.His voice over's are intended to build up the excitement, explain the possible thinking, and keep the flow going.If you can't build up AAvsKK then you shouldn't be doing voice overs

Daniel,Whats up with the "can i see the river,i never made a royal in my life" You hear that at the 1/2 game everyday.. :club:

Daniel,Whats up with the "can i see the river,i never made a royal in my life" You hear that at the 1/2 game everyday.. :club:
but the response to that was hilarious. Oh thats right your a live player and only see 300 hands a year.