Ok so villian in this hand is an unknown but was playing really tight from what i could tell. I'm lost as to what to do on this river. Fire away....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG ($74.65)UTG+1 ($87.15)MP1 ($50.60)MP2 ($155.65)CO ($50)Button ($50)Hero (SB) ($51.80)BB ($53.45)993532.gifPreflop: Hero is SB with Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif1 fold, UTG+1 bets $2, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50Flop: ($6.50) 6heart.gif, Jdiamond.gif, 4diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $3.50Turn: ($13.50) Qspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $8, UTG+1 calls $8River: ($29.50) Adiamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $16

Personally I hate the donk bet. He took the lead, let him continue to take the lead, then c/r him. If he has a better pair then jacks, he is gonna be r/r you a lot there with the fd out there. With a pair worse then jacks, 1010/99 he may even call thinking your c/r the fd. As played, make that turn bet 11.50-13 next time for sure. If hes calling you down with a flush draw you want to charge him the maximum. River Im check/calling, but I think a lot of good players(of which I'm not one, lol) would take the bet/fold line, because especially if hes tight hes never raising with worse there once you bet.

I'd always 3bet this preflop, at least to define where I stand and build a pot with what is most likely the best hand now.With the line taken pre I'd go for a pot sized checkraise on the flop as we've really shown no strength. Not sure why the smallish bet sizes, we want to make him pay to draw don't we? River bet by villian is very value-ish but I'd call. Since this posted here I assume you called as well and he had the flush?

I prefer repopping this preflop, but I don't hate the flat call, especially if you say he's really tight.If you're going to flat call OOP like that, I think it's better to C/R him on the flop. You have the nuts, you want to blow up the pot as fast as possible.I don't think the river is a snap call. Without stats, it's tough, but if you say he's really tight, that isolates his range. The only thing you're realistically beating here is AQ. I can't really think of what you beat here, unless you think he's capable of raising 75s from early position.I probably timebank and call this, but I'm not liking it. It's hard to make sets, yknow? :club:

I'd always 3bet this preflop, at least to define where I stand
*slaps wrist*Nothere are 2 reasons to bet or raise ever1: Get a worse hand to call2: Get a better hand to foldPutting money in for any other reason is just stupid. There's plenty of information available to you so use what you have. Betting to gain information is worthless because unless you're playing yourself, you have no idea really what that information means.
I prefer repopping this preflop, but I don't hate the flat call, especially if you say he's really tight.If you're going to flat call OOP like that, I think it's better to C/R him on the flop. You have the nuts, you want to blow up the pot as fast as possible.I don't think the river is a snap call. Without stats, it's tough, but if you say he's really tight, that isolates his range. The only thing you're realistically beating here is AQ. I can't really think of what you beat here, unless you think he's capable of raising 75s from early position.I probably timebank and call this, but I'm not liking it. It's hard to make sets, yknow? :club:
yeah i like this, except the reraise PF with a middle pair. whats he calling with on flop, AJ maybe?

i like what everyone said, expect for ghost about the pf. i mean come on man if you dont 3 bet JJ then you end up playing your hands face up when you do 3 bet!

In a 6max game I would almost always 3 bet preflop. Full ring, calling is probably fine.I would usually c/r the flop, but if villain checks back a lot of flops or likes to raise donk bets a lot I like leading out. I would bet much bigger though. Bet $6 on the flop if you are going to bet it, then bet large enough on the turn to set up a river shove.

Because you should be repoping much wider and weaker than jacks as well... this isn't full ring
You also weaken your calling range here if you 3 bet JJ.Both plays are fine.
I also don't have a calling range from the SB
That's a pretty big leak.So, if a tight player UTG opens and you have 66 in the sb, you are either 3 betting or folding?