Ya but you liked the acrobat/wheat fields thing so you're not 'most guys'.
I made my wife watch the opening ceremony, she didn't really want to other than the torch lighting.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

I'm gonna go ahead and take back the statement I made about sucking KD Lange's dick if she didn't pre-record her song.

I made my wife watch the opening ceremony, she didn't really want to other than the torch lighting.
She made you thiNK you were making her watch it. I'll admit I may be wrong about the opening game production being geared towards women (and gay men that like musicals). The friend I was speaking too is usually right about most things. Well, she somehow makes me thiNK she's right about most things.

NBC and Amrican Olympic TV coverage in general is always geered toward women. The logic has always been that they have the men no matter what. Figure skating dominates the winter and gymnastics and diving dominate, for the most part, in the summer. They also have the coverage geered toward telling a story like a drama so you will see three times as much profiles and human interest stories then you see of sctual olympic action. NBC tries to be politically correct also. They are showing all woman olympic hockey games on one of their cable networks just so they can say they are giving equal coverage. Who in their right mind is going to watch a non US/Canada womens olympic hockey game?

Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea but I thought the opening ceremonies were great. Canada is a huge and diverse country and they tried to include everyone. Great music choices too. kd lang's version of Leonard Cohen's Halleluja was unbelievable!
I agree Re: KD. And I wouldn't say the cultural stuff wasn't "my cup of tea", it's just so weird, and the type of thing you never see except for the olympics.
NBC and Amrican Olympic TV coverage in general is always geered toward women. The logic has always been that they have the men no matter what. Figure skating dominates the winter and gymnastics and diving dominate, for the most part, in the summer. They also have the coverage geered toward telling a story like a drama so you will see three times as much profiles and human interest stories then you see of sctual olympic action. NBC tries to be politically correct also. They are showing all woman olympic hockey games on one of their cable networks just so they can say they are giving equal coverage. Who in their right mind is going to watch a non US/Canada womens olympic hockey game?
I have been enjoying switching between SUI/SWE Women's hcokey and 40 yr old virgin.The only part of the opening ceremony I watch each Olympics is the parade of countries and the lighting of the torch. The former was good last night, the latter was not to impressive and it had nothing to do with the mechanical failure.

Canadian Womens Hockey is 11.5 goal favourites tonight against Slovakia..I want action on the game but wtf..11.5 goals..??I put $5 on Canada...Sick, i have never given up 11.5 goals..I also bet the over 12..Degen Olympic betting FTW..

Canadian Womens Hockey is 11.5 goal favourites tonight against Slovakia..I want action on the game but wtf..11.5 goals..??I put $5 on Canada...Sick, i have never given up 11.5 goals..I also bet the over 12..Degen Olympic betting FTW..
That's actually a really good bet. Rarely can you find bets that correlate so well. Hell, this is a perfect correlation. Bet the over and Canada, and you're getting almost 4:1 on an even-money bet. I'd put a real bet on that one if I was you.edit - on Betfair it has Canada-10.5, with both Canada and the over paying about 1.7, so payout would be closer to 2.9. Not as good, though still a nice high correlation.
I think you're a lock, serge.
only way i lose is if they just dont try..but i think they keep scoring because of goal differential..its like watching an NHL team playing against a pee wee team.
only way i lose is if they just dont try..but i think they keep scoring because of goal differential..
as if there will be a scenario in these games where goal differential comes in to play for canadian women's hockey?
as if there will be a scenario in these games where goal differential comes in to play for canadian women's hockey?
i guess not..
That was probably one of the easiest bets i have ever won..
I was actually going to ask someone to bet on this for me, seemed like such a nice combo. Oh well, I'm sure I'll live without the $50 or whatever I'd have won.

By the way, everyone should bookmark this site:http://www.ctvolympics.ca/tv-online-listings/index.htmlYou can watch any Canadian Olympic coverage on any of the channels. It is awesome. Also, it bookmarks (the little yellow lines) any time a Canadian is involved or a gold medal performance. In fact if you turn it on, you can access the Canadian/gold performances for the last few hours, very easily. Awesome.

This is just brutal..NBC would rather show ice dancing then the USA/CANADA game...Who watches MSNBC anyway..Probably not even HD.http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,219149
not surprising since they'll get way higher ratings with ice dancing.
According to the network, there are three major sporting events that have more female viewers than male viewers: the Kentucky Derby, the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics. Turning three hours of prime-time coverage on the East Coast over to a hockey game isn't exactly catnip to those casual female viewers, despite Sidney Crosby's(notes) pouty lips.Ice dancing, like figure skating, is a demographic draw; it's the hook for a night of coverage that appeals to a broader audience than hockey does. But it's not the only reason USA/Canada was shifted to the home of Keith Olbermann's foaming mouth.In essence, committing to a hockey game is committing to a three-hour programming block that can't be interrupted. Imagine the outrage if NBC cut away during the second period of USA/Canada because someone was taking a historic bobsled run. Ice dancing allows for drop-ins at other events, which is another reason NBC believes it's the best option in East Coast prime time.Now, aside from the indignation of having hockey shuffled off to cable, there's been some concern from hockey fans about the quality of that coverage: namely, that MSNBC may not have the HD hockey coverage that NBC would have had. MSNBC's HD station was rolled out last summer, and one of the last major holdouts finally came around this week: Verizon FiOS, which added the network to its digital HD tier. Chances are the U.S./Canada tilt will be in HD in your area, if you have digital cable or satellite with an HD package

i understand the ratings , but there is something wrong with people who rather watch ice dancing than Canada/USA Olympics match.I would be interested to see the worldwide ratings

help me out, what am I missing? The fashion of the hats? I dont know too many women into horse racing.
Women love buns of steel and nobody has nicer buns than a racehorse.