I stayed up to watch this. Pretty amazing to be able to perform - individually, in a mentally and physically challenging event, under these circumstances, to Olympic medal standards.I actually thought she might pull into the silver, but the other person was quite good. Now we just need a little trip from this little jerk and she'll pick up the bronze.These routines are so long, can't believe they don't get more tired. Rochette has some serious pipes!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

I don't know anything about figure skating, but I feel like we're gonna get burned again.
Whew.I was afraid to. To make 3rd, I think she would've had to receive the 3rd highest score in the history of women's figure skating, with the gold medalist from tonight having the first.I think.Anyhow.Way to go Rochette! Definitely someone I can be proud represents my country.
Whew.I was afraid to. To make 3rd, I think she would've had to receive the 3rd highest score in the history of women's figure skating, with the gold medalist from tonight having the first.I think.Anyhow.Way to go Rochette! Definitely someone I can be proud represents my country.
Amen to that.Bravo Joannie.

who is excited about some semifinal action today?Usa vs FinlandCanada vs SlovakiaIt wouldnt suprise me if both games go either way..Lets hope USA vs Canada is the gold medal game and not the bronze..

who is excited about some semifinal action today?Usa vs FinlandCanada vs SlovakiaIt wouldnt suprise me if both games go either way..Lets hope USA vs Canada is the gold medal game and not the bronze..
It's a great day for hockey!
Our girls know how to celebrate too -- beers and stogies right on the ice (even if they're underage)http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver...38&expire=1
Hahahaha man this is SO great, why would the IOC EVER punish them for it? Unless they got shitfaced drunk in the 70m postgame and stumbled off the ice. At least they waited until all the fans were gone. Canadian girls really do kick ass :club:
Hahahaha man this is SO great, why would the IOC EVER punish them for it? Unless they got shitfaced drunk in the 70m postgame and stumbled off the ice. At least they waited until all the fans were gone. Canadian girls really do kick ass :club:
if anyone can post that pic of the Molson Canadian Champagne bottle..Its pretty cool..
Because they were drinking (underage), in a public, Olympic-sanctioned event and area? That's pretty bad, IMO. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but the IOC definitely has a right to be pissed.
Because they were drinking (underage), in a public, Olympic-sanctioned event and area? That's pretty bad, IMO. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but the IOC definitely has a right to be pissed.
Yes I believe it is pretty IMO. Underage drinking and smoking in a public place (even though everyone left). Just wondering why they are all still wearing their equipment.

To be fair, I don't know a bunch about figure skating, but I thought Joannie Rochette's performance was easily the weakest of the final 6 skaters. She had a few major stumbles, and I didn't think her movement was very fluid, and her landings weren't particularly steady. I don't quite understand how she ended up with a personal best score, and one of the higher scores in olympic history (If I'm not mistaken).On another note, that Korean girl was in a completely different league than the other skaters in this competition.

To be fair, I don't know a bunch about figure skating, but I thought Joannie Rochette's performance was easily the weakest of the final 6 skaters. She had a few major stumbles, and I didn't think her movement was very fluid, and her landings weren't particularly steady. I don't quite understand how she ended up with a personal best score, and one of the higher scores in olympic history (If I'm not mistaken).On another note, that Korean girl was in a completely different league than the other skaters in this competition.
Ironically that Korean girl trains in Canada and is coached by Canadian legend Brian Orser..Last time I watched figure skating they had the old scoring system of up to 6.0..so not sure how it all works to be honest..I also thought Joannie didnt skate perfect but i was really happy for her..I think maybe the short program marks had a lot to do with it as well..

boom, parise scores to make it 2-0. kind of a dumb penalty by finland to give the US the power play.

I didn't see the puck in the net.
yeah, certainly looked close. that one wasn't close though, 3-0!