I'm sure we'll have plenty of comments over the next two weeks.Who you guys think will be the torch bearer? Seems to be down to Wayne Gretzky (the Olympic Committee denies) and Terry Fox's parents. I think Betty Fox would be an awesome and incredible choice!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

I'm sure we'll have plenty of comments over the next two weeks.Who you guys think will be the torch bearer? Seems to be down to Wayne Gretzky (the Olympic Committee denies) and Terry Fox's parents. I think Betty Fox would be an awesome and incredible choice!
I think I overheard something on the news just now that it WONT be Gretzky.I hadnt heard Betty Fox, I think I like it though.
Lot of controversy why ARNOLD will get to run one of the last few legs..He aint even Canadian..he is barely American.. :club:
That doesn't make any sense at all, not a Canadian icon, not Canadian period, never an Olympian (because there's no chance he ever gets by the IOC with all the steroids he was doing in his prime)...I can't see a single reason why he would be part of the ceremony.
That doesn't make any sense at all, not a Canadian icon, not Canadian period, never an Olympian (because there's no chance he ever gets by the IOC with all the steroids he was doing in his prime)...I can't see a single reason why he would be part of the ceremony.
apparently he is very pro British Columbia

Over 2 years ago the Feds suggested that a Native Canadian light the cauldron and they are the ones who pay most of the bills. Don't be surprised if it's some no names like they did in Monteal and in Calgary.

I approve.
really? I dont get it. His claim to fame is that he scored 1 special goal? Talk about right place at right time turning into a lifetime of hype.Its cool and all, but I dont see how he deserves that honour at all. (this is really not a big deal to me, I just think in Canada we really overdo the Paul Henderson thing)
really? I dont get it. His claim to fame is that he scored 1 special goal? Talk about right place at right time turning into a lifetime of hype.Its cool and all, but I dont see how he deserves that honour at all. (this is really not a big deal to me, I just think in Canada we really overdo the Paul Henderson thing)
He scored more than that one goal in the tournament, but I understand your point. The real hero of 1972 was Phil Esposito.
Over 2 years ago the Feds suggested that a Native Canadian light the cauldron and they are the ones who pay most of the bills. Don't be surprised if it's some no names like they did in Monteal and in Calgary.
I think you're gonna be right. I'm still holding out hope for Betty Fox though.
It was because we have the same last name.I wasn't born in 1972.
He scored more than that one goal in the tournament, but I understand your point. The real hero of 1972 was Phil Esposito. Bobby Clarke.
Without that epic slash to Kharlamov, the Canadian team doesn't win that series.
Without that epic slash to Kharlamov, the Canadian team doesn't win that series.
Meh, I don't think one specific incident enabled them to win. Esposito was unbelievable in that series!BTW, I think Bobby Clarke's false teeth are too loose...he sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.Also, Henderson finished the tournament with 7 goals and 3 assists. He scored the winning goal in game 6, game 7 and (obviously) game 8.