My Bubble Wont Bust

I have been playing a lot of tournaments lately both online and live. Recently I played Event #15 at wsop circuit event in Tunica and with 24 getting payed i finished 26th and the problem is Im not having trouble getting to this spot and it seems like I cruise and have decent chips when getting close to the money. I have kept saying that I just get unlucky or Im losing all the significant pots late in tournaments but that cant be the reason why im not cashing when I believe I should be. My question is there a particular formula or strategy I need to implement to my game in those late stages to stay out of trouble? should i get more aggressive or more passive? should I just wait it out to try to get in position to make the final table? My mindset in these fairly big tournaments is to get myself in good position to win the tournament should I just be focusing on making the money first?

This is too vague for anyone to come with any decent advice. You should give us some hands or something more spesific.How many times have this happened to you? Maybe you've just been unlucky, and if you've made it to the 26th there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a paid seat. Also, don't say "make the final table", your goal should always be to win the tournament.

This is too vague for anyone to come with any decent advice. You should give us some hands or something more spesific.How many times have this happened to you? Maybe you've just been unlucky, and if you've made it to the 26th there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a paid seat. Also, don't say "make the final table", your goal should always be to win the tournament.
I dont necasarily agree with what you said here. Making the Final Table is what tournaments are all about dude even though alot of people dont like admitting it. You only ACTUALLY win a tournament you play like 1% of the time. If you make the final table you have the chance to make some serious money because the pay out jumps are so big. Dont get me wrong, we're playing to win, but hey if I play a field with like 2000 players and a $100 buy in, tbh I'd be a little disappointed BUT definatly happy with 2nd.As for OP, how you should play on the bubble is really decided by how your table is playing and the situation you're in, in terms of table image, stack sizes and other factors like that. If you notice that you could probably get away with being aggressive and stealing a few pots, then you should definatly try to take advantage. Conversly, if you notice that people are playing back at you all the time and you cant get away with a bluff, then you should titghten up a little and make fewer moves. It's all relative to what is happening at the table, who is running good, who has all the chips and how everybody is playing. If you have more chips than every1 else, then you can afford to try and push people around a bit and vise versa. Your bubble play is really a by-product of the situation you are in at the time, because you should never approach a poker game with a pre-set plan of how you are going to play, your play is affected by what happens. So next time you are on the bubble, just take the time to assess the all around situation in the tournament and adjust your game accordingly.

A.) run betterB.) stop bitchingC.) when behind suck outD.) when ahead, hold upE.) when a coin flip, flip wellF.).........sorry im in a douche mood! :club:

I have been playing a lot of tournaments lately both online and live. Recently I played Event #15 at wsop circuit event in Tunica and with 24 getting payed i finished 26th and the problem is Im not having trouble getting to this spot and it seems like I cruise and have decent chips when getting close to the money. I have kept saying that I just get unlucky or Im losing all the significant pots late in tournaments but that cant be the reason why im not cashing when I believe I should be. My question is there a particular formula or strategy I need to implement to my game in those late stages to stay out of trouble? should i get more aggressive or more passive? should I just wait it out to try to get in position to make the final table? My mindset in these fairly big tournaments is to get myself in good position to win the tournament should I just be focusing on making the money first?
the bubble tends to come and go very quickly in the big tournies. What size we talking? like in the daily dollar, or any huge 7K + kinda tourny the pay out structure is usually so flat that there is like a 10% difference between 20 places or so, so try to keep building a stack, the goal has to be to make a deep run, otherwise we can't show profit longterm. You in general need to go for the deeper run. In like 400-500 person tournies where you will tend to have hand to hand play at the bubble, you need to go more for a cash then try and make something happen. I tend to only play a "big" tourny with a ton of BR. Great example, the daily dollar. $1 buy in, but unless i have at least $125-130 min don't do it. I mean $200 would be better. Min cashing means nothing to us then, but say final tabling is $800ish dollars. BC the final table money is sick huge compared to the buyin that you need to go very deep to make an impact. Besides, these monster tournys are kinda hard to do well in. A 500 person tourny semi deep run is about 6ish to 7ish hours. In a massive tourny that same amount of time is maybe the bubble. that is it. a deep run is another 2-3 hours. it just hard to run well, hold up, coinflip ect ect for that long. Need to get kinda lucky to be honest. Just a lot of time, and so many spewtards that you need to take a little more risk on then the smaller tournies. better?