annie duke chat on espn now

If you can stomach her picture smiling at you from the upper right...I figure there's gotta be an Annie Duke fan somewhere that wants to ask her a question. Or someone that wants to know what events she'll be playing in at this year's WSoP so they can avoid them :club:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can stomach her picture smiling at you from the upper right...I figure there's gotta be an Annie Duke fan somewhere that wants to ask her a question. Or someone that wants to know what events she'll be playing in at this year's WSoP so they can avoid them :club:
Here's an early gem :roll: :roll: Joe (Chicago, IL): I noticed you play most of your tournaments without shoes on, Why? Are your feet ticklish?SportsNation Annie Duke: (1:05 PM ET ) Yes, they are ticklich! It's really just a comfort thing. I put them back on before I go on the carpet. It's the same reason I wear jeans and a t-shirt. I just want to be comfortable.
Here's an early gem :roll: :roll: Joe (Chicago, IL): I noticed you play most of your tournaments without shoes on, Why? Are your feet ticklish?SportsNation Annie Duke: (1:05 PM ET ) Yes, they are ticklich! It's really just a comfort thing. I put them back on before I go on the carpet. It's the same reason I wear jeans and a t-shirt. I just want to be comfortable.
I about puked when I read that. Is someone seriously flirting with Annie Duke in a freakin' ESPN chat?? Dear god...These people ask silly questions. I asked "How many events are you planning on participating in at this year's WSOP?"

TIN FOIL HAT AWARD OF THE DAY:Justin (Boston, MA): Do you play much poker online? I know you're sponsored by UB, but do you think all of the online cardrooms have truly "random" shufflers? Annie Duke: (1:08 PM ET ) I play online quite a bit at ultimatebet.com. Annie Duke: (1:08 PM ET ) Online play is just so convenient. I don't even have to leave the house!

Can a brotha get a hook up wit a link, YO? 8)

Brandon (W.Monroe,LA): Is Daniel Negraneau the best at reading players? It seems that way on tv. Annie Duke: (1:18 PM ET ) No. I don't. Negraneu is good at projecting his hands. It's pretty obvious what he is doing. But yes, he's a great people reader. He talks his hands out so that is why people think he is so good. Annie Duke: (1:18 PM ET ) Sidel and my brother Howard are both really good. Also Phil Ivey. hahaha I wish Daniel would post a question to her.http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8220

TIN FOIL HAT AWARD OF THE DAY:Justin (Boston, MA): Do you play much poker online? I know you're sponsored by UB, but do you think all of the online cardrooms have truly "random" shufflers? Annie Duke: (1:08 PM ET ) I play online quite a bit at ultimatebet.com. Annie Duke: (1:08 PM ET ) Online play is just so convenient. I don't even have to leave the house!
What's it matter? she doesn't get dressed when she goes out...

Alex (Providence): Having played with both Barry Greenstein and Daniel Negreanu, who do you give the edge to in their upcoming heads-up series of 500,000 freeze outs at the WSOP? Annie Duke: (1:27 PM ET ) Do you know what games they are playing? Why don't I know? Can someone tell her so she can answer the damned question?EDIT: nevermind, it's over. Damn it. I was hoping she would spout off. It woulda been good fun to watch the threads sprout on that subject today.

Brandon (W.Monroe,LA): Is Daniel Negraneau the best at reading players? It seems that way on tv. Annie Duke: (1:18 PM ET ) No. I don't. Negraneu is good at projecting his hands. It's pretty obvious what he is doing. But yes, he's a great people reader. He talks his hands out so that is why people think he is so good.
Eh? Was that an insult? Let's break that down.No. I don't. That's fair, just an opinion.Negraneu is good at projecting his hands. It's pretty obvious what he is doing.That's definately an insult. It has nothing to do with the question and is just a cheap shot. Of all the pros who have done espn.com interviews, that's the first one I have noticed going out of their way to insult another pro.But yes, he's a great people reader.That's a compliment. Kind of contradicts her original reaction ("No. I don't"), but I guess she is saying he is good but not the best.He talks his hands out so that is why people think he is so good.Insult alert! People think he's so good, implying that he is not actually that good.Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

I tend to agree. If not an outright insult, it was definitely an unfriendly dig. Not necessary, especially in high-profile chat session. I'm assuming that she picks the questions she answers (she didn't answer any of mine, that trick), which makes the response even worse. She could have just ingored all questions about Negreanu, and instead she fielded two (and in the second gave what I would guess is a bit of a calculated "What do I care?" type of answer by asking what games Greenstein and Negreanu are playing).Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole-hill though. From what I've read and seen, Annie likes the little things that could be taken two ways, making it difficult for someone to pin them as insults.

I've had a theory on Annie Duke since early 2004 that I don't really feel like sharing, but if was asked in private, would share to some people, but everytime I hear an interview with her, see her on TV, or just hear of something she has said, I get proven that this theory could be confirmedLike I said, this is only a theory, and I don't wanna start up some huge rumor that could hurt someone badly if it were false. But if you wanna know, and you can keep your lips sealed and not spread this around like the plague, PM me. I'll only send this out to a few people though.EDIT- DON'T PM ME NOW...i posted it on the second page of the thread, you can read it there

I've had a theory on Annie Duke since early 2004 that I don't really feel like sharing, but if was asked in private, would share to some people, but everytime I hear an interview with her, see her on TV, or just hear of something she has said, I get proven that this theory could be confirmedLike I said, this is only a theory, and I don't wanna start up some huge rumor that could hurt someone badly if it were false. But if you wanna know, and you can keep your lips sealed and not spread this around like the plague, PM me. I'll only send this out to a few people though.
spill the beans, its the internet :-)
I've had a theory on Annie Duke since early 2004 that I don't really feel like sharing, but if was asked in private, would share to some people, but everytime I hear an interview with her, see her on TV, or just hear of something she has said, I get proven that this theory could be confirmedLike I said, this is only a theory, and I don't wanna start up some huge rumor that could hurt someone badly if it were false. But if you wanna know, and you can keep your lips sealed and not spread this around like the plague, PM me. I'll only send this out to a few people though.
even still, it's too slanderous for me to say in public, no matter how true i think it is. :club: i'll pm it to you
send it to me
she's a bull dike.
Do you have the slightest clue what a bull dike is????