Couple thoughts:- I really like Sandra.- Russell made for great TV, but his ego is so big that is cost him TWO million dollars. I'm serious about this. I think his ego was the only reason he lost both seasons. People don't reward 'bad' people. Having a raging ego is considered 'bad' by just about everyone.- King Tanner: Russell won fan favorite. That means that he made the show awesome, but not necessarily 'liked' him as a person. Without Russell this season would have been 1/10th as good, and Rob would have dominated. - I agree and hope Russell ends up on Amazing Race.- I don't know if anyone caught this, but about half way through the season Silent Snow came in here and directed me to a website that had a spoiler list. It ended up being wrong, but he had another one and it basically was correct except for one or two people. If these lists are released every season, is there any way to continue to do this game of ours? Why isn't CBS prosecuting people for leaks?- Rob and Amber's girl is super cute.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. During the individual interviews before Final Tribal Russell made a comment about playing strong to the end in Samoa and not winning.Russell is like a Football Team that has the best Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. They dominate the Game in every category. But they take a personal Foul for Unsportsmanlike Conduct every 4th play so they never manage to actually score a point. Then they complain about how Officials shouldn't be allowed to determine the outcome of a game.
Couldn't agree more about that analogy.
-colby got unlucky with a worthless non-physical challenge again, but he didnt deserve to win the game anyways...-russell annoyed me by flaunting that letter around...- JT winning the "dumbest survivor move" contest was complete BS...if there was an all girl alliance going on(cant blame the heroes for thinking that), that move wouldve been known as one of the best moves in survivor history...-sandra wining twice(played twice) has to make her the best survivor ever
Colby's a bit older so he isn't as strong as before, but you're right he did kinda float through, but they should've kept him around. That letter is probably the most important piece of Survivor history so far.Exactly why that makes it the dumbest move ever.. if it had worked it would be one of the best.. but it did notUntrue still.. Sandra deflected a TON of questions that were made to her and simply responded with "Cause I'm the Queen" every time. Parv had a huge target on her back coming in. I have to go with Parvati now as the "best Survivor", but really we know Russell is the greatest person to play this game so far. I just wish older players like Rich, Lex, etc would've came back. I felt at the beginning of the season they did not pick as well as they could have.
I know Jeff has to give everyone equal time, but Russell was the only interesting person during the whole reunion show. They should have given him his own hour. It would be awesome if CBS used Russell for some other reality show like Big Brother or Amazing Race, like what they did with Rob and Amber.
I couldn't agree more. No one else was worth more than 30 seconds, and Russell makes absolutely GREAT tv. He definitely needs to find his way onto another show, he's more popular than they were combined. And beating Rupert for player of the season after he used to dominate them and CBS kept deciding to give him free money? It shows how popular he's become and how much he's made a difference for people to watch Survivor. I wouldn't even point to this season yet if I was giving someone who's never seen the show a season to watch. I'd tell them to watch the 1st season ever like the rest of us have, and then I'd point them straight to Samoa.
- King Tanner: Russell won fan favorite. That means that he made the show awesome, but not necessarily 'liked' him as a person. Without Russell this season would have been 1/10th as good, and Rob would have dominated. - I agree and hope Russell ends up on Amazing Race.
I still gotta disagree about that. He did make the show awesome and I know I like him as a person even though he acts retarded on stage talking about social game. It's more like 1/100th, and I think the Heroes would've been a bit smarter. It was just the "Russell factor" that got to them, he got in their heads, changed the way people thought and made it to the end yet again with two people that were riding his heels. If this game were based on strategy he would have won, no doubt. Yes, it's sad he has had no social game, but he's done what it takes to make it to the end both times and be in control. He hasn't just made it to the end, he's DOMINATED the game and made it there. Like I said though, sucks he had no social game, or he is easily the best "Survivor" ever. Also, wtf. Tyson saying there was strategy to ousting his own ass? I wasn't buying any of that.
That letter is probably the most important piece of Survivor history so far.Exactly why that makes it the dumbest move ever.. if it had worked it would be one of the best.. but it did notUntrue still.. Sandra deflected a TON of questions that were made to her and simply responded with "Cause I'm the Queen" every time. Parv had a huge target on her back coming in. I have to go with Parvati now as the "best Survivor", but really we know Russell is the greatest person to play this game so far. I just wish older players like Rich, Lex, etc would've came back. I felt at the beginning of the season they did not pick as well as they could have.
im not saying that letter was not important, im saying russell was a jerk flaunting it in JTs face...the bolded makes no sense...as far as sandra goes, hard to argue with going 2/2 but youre entitled to your own opinion...

I'm pretty sure Russell has every right to do that now.And how does it not? His plan did not work, therefore going down as a completely dumb move. Had there been an actual all-girl alliance and he had saved Russell and brought him over it would be genius, one of the most brilliant moves ever. But it didn't pan out that way.It isn't that hard to argue because yeah, she lasted til the end, but she never made any true moves to get anyone out and when she did they didn't even work. She was lucky enough to stay in the background til the end and I don't know how Russell didn't get rid of her earlier. Fairly sure the worst move this season was taking her over Courtney.

...Russell...made it to the end yet again with two people that were riding his heels...
I really don't think that Parvarti was riding Russell all the way. And even Sandra was against him and stated as much to his face. I don't feel she did as much independently to win, but she wasn't just riding him either.
Exactly why that makes it the dumbest move ever.. if it had worked it would be one of the best.. but it did not
WTF? Results oriented thinking FTL

I really can't believe that no one on the jury even considered the fact that Sandra tried to get Russell out 3 or 4 times (She said she thought about it EVERY NIGHT) and failed doing so. If she could've won ONE immunity or used her hidden idol as bait she could've made it happen. The fact is she never played the game hard enough to get the person she wanted out and was rewarded for that failure imo.Unfortunately the jury votes on emotions every season, you win the million by pissing off the least amount of people and that's how she won. I was surprised Parvati never made it more clear that Sandra wouldn't be at the end if she didn't save her. She brought her to the end and didn't remind the jury enough imo. I figured Russell wouldn't get a single vote, no surprise there. Sandra is batting 1.000 and is pretty hard to argue she isn't the best survivor ever but she couldn't even pick 1 move she made this season to further herself in the game... Kinda sad.

- I don't know if anyone caught this, but about half way through the season Silent Snow came in here and directed me to a website that had a spoiler list. It ended up being wrong, but he had another one and it basically was correct except for one or two people. If these lists are released every season, is there any way to continue to do this game of ours? Why isn't CBS prosecuting people for leaks?
I think we all definitely need to discuss this for next season. If there are any spoilers out there of who makes it to the end (or to the merge whatever) prior to the season starting then it butchers this fantasy pool.I have a lot of fun organizing this (even though the best I've ever finished is 10th lol) but leaked information definitely jeopardizes the game. It's disappointing CBS doesn't take more of a stance on this.
Yeah. During the individual interviews before Final Tribal Russell made a comment about playing strong to the end in Samoa and not winning.Russell is like a Football Team that has the best Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. They dominate the Game in every category. But they take a personal Foul for Unsportsmanlike Conduct every 4th play so they never manage to actually score a point. Then they complain about how Officials shouldn't be allowed to determine the outcome of a game.
Great analogy.Final Tribal:Player comments were very short, but relatively well-spoken. I got the feeling that Russell just got the whole "I'm sorry" BS stuck in his craw and couldn't finesse his way back into the hearts of the voters.The Jury questions editorials were pretty lame. Rupert, are you kidding? Danielle, suck it...Russell wasn't going to say what you wanted him to say and I think he was right not to...Coach, lol, finally making some sense. Vote: Fair enough...mad respect for Sandra being able to sell her strategy for a mil. Parv, you may be the best overall player of all time. Russell...you alienated way too many people with your Charles Manson act. Learn the social game. I think Russell deserved to win Samoa far more than HvV.And...I think Russell would be pretty good in Big Brother. AMIRITE?!?!

for $2,550 you can attend the live reunion show for season 21 and it includes a meet and greet/photo op with Jeff Probst and the Survivors. Ebay. Interesting that they are also selling every ones torches on ebay as well, except Russell's torch is not there.

And...I think Russell would be pretty good in Big Brother. AMIRITE?!?!
I noticed there is a Russell/Melanie Hantz for the Amazing Race 'fan page' already up on Facebook
for $2,550 you can attend the live reunion show for season 21 and it includes a meet and greet/photo op with Jeff Probst and the Survivors. Ebay. Interesting that they are also selling every ones torches on ebay as well, except Russell's torch is not there.
It's probably in a glass case in his own shrine next to the laminated letter.

Russell Hantz WTF !!!!!!10 hours ago via Facebook for iPhoneTom HartnellLooks like the Red Queen Said OFF WITH YOUR HEAD, although I thought you would get JT's vote him not voting for you was the stupidest move not giving you the idol10 hours ago

WTF? Results oriented thinking FTL
exactly
I'm pretty sure Russell has every right to do that now.
he earned the right to be a jerk?he's a sore loser and he made an ass out of himself during the reunion show...
- JT winning the "dumbest survivor move" contest was complete BS...if there was an all girl alliance going on(cant blame the heroes for thinking that), that move wouldve been known as one of the best moves in survivor history...
But he made the assumption of an all-girl alliance based on virtually no information. It was that erroneous assumption that was exaggerated by his 'bold' move.
- Russell made for great TV, but his ego is so big that is cost him TWO million dollars. I'm serious about this. I think his ego was the only reason he lost both seasons. People don't reward 'bad' people. Having a raging ego is considered 'bad' by just about everyone.
His ego is also the reason he made it to the finals of both seasons.
- I don't know if anyone caught this, but about half way through the season Silent Snow came in here and directed me to a website that had a spoiler list. It ended up being wrong, but he had another one and it basically was correct except for one or two people. If these lists are released every season, is there any way to continue to do this game of ours? Why isn't CBS prosecuting people for leaks?
Well if there are enough fake spoiler lists, one of them is going to have some things correct.
Russell Hantz WTF !!!!!!10 hours ago via Facebook for iPhoneTom HartnellLooks like the Red Queen Said OFF WITH YOUR HEAD, although I thought you would get JT's vote him not voting for you was the stupidest move not giving you the idol10 hours ago
Who's Tom Hartnell?

The game has changed so much, I think the game needs to go back to actually requiring these people to survive. I mean, Jerri had a jacket. Don't give these tribes ANY rice or tools whatsoever, unless they earn it in a reward challenge, but make it minimal. Before it was like, if you provided for your tribe you would last. Now it's just about making alliances right away. Also they have to do away with hidden immunity idols or least minimize them and make them harder to find.

Oh ooops, not sure why I thought that was Tom Westman. Disregard
looooool Donk!!!The tribe has spoken.

I think it is pretty impossible to find a spoiler list prior to the game even starting. Maybe we should have someone who doesn't watch the show scour the internet for a spoiler list prior to next season to see if they can find anything. If someone did find a list then I would be ok doing a random draft. Throw $20 in and get a random person.Honestly even if I could find the list, I'd rather give up all the 1st place money from the pool over ruining a whole season of the show.

I think it is pretty impossible to find a spoiler list prior to the game even starting. Maybe we should have someone who doesn't watch the show scour the internet for a spoiler list prior to next season to see if they can find anything. If someone did find a list then I would be ok doing a random draft. Throw $20 in and get a random person.Honestly even if I could find the list, I'd rather give up all the 1st place money from the pool over ruining a whole season of the show.
I don't think we've had anyone here win consistently. I like doing this because it's fun and it gives us something else to cheer/talk about.

Grats BvHrt on having a top spot in the draft order and picking Sandra. I was certain her abrasive, tell it like it is, personality would have her being one of the first to go. bleh

I have a lot of fun organizing this (even though the best I've ever finished is 10th lol) but leaked information definitely jeopardizes the game. It's disappointing CBS doesn't take more of a stance on this.
I assume the people participating are fans of the show and wouldn't search for a spoiler anyway. It would be sad if I couldn't trust each and everyone of the posters in the pool to be honest. I trust everyone playing.

PRIZE POOLTotal Prize Pool: $400 (20 x $20)1st Place: $2502nd/3rd: $75 (considered tied for 2nd)WINNERS$250 1st Place brvheart$75 2nd Place Tehtoe$75 3rd Place canuckickstanCONGRATS!!! :)Just shoot me your stars s/n again so I can payout