• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people don't understand this?
Oh, I understand it. I was one of the few who seemed to immediately understand why Russell lost in Samoa. I'm just saying that there have been instances where individuals respected the underhanded play and rewarded the "Best Game Player" with their Jury vote and I speculated that this Jury MIGHT be more willing to do that than an inexperienced Jury. But yeah, All Stars sort of proves that wrong to a certain extent.
Actually I don't understand gambling at all. I thought you were suggesting that I pay you $14. I'll take your settlement of $14. Just apply it to my fantasy team please.
bah, after re-reading my post I see that I wasn't clear at all. Somehow paying 14 of 20 is like I won $6 on this bet. sweetI don't know what your fantasy team is so post or pm me your stars or FTP screen name. I do know you're now up $34 on me for this seasons Survivor. well done
Did anyone else just laugh at Russell for being such a sore loser? "OMG Jerri took the girls, what a stupid strategic move... cause she should've picked a guy......." what? yea that's it. Also, Colby you simply SUCK at everything this season. Lets throw bucket of water in brothers face and then bitch at him after every toss how little of a man he is. :icon_clap:Don't really know who I'm rooting for anymore. Russell has been out there too long and is just becoming a baby. I think Parv or Sandra will win the game.
Yeah, I think Russell was pretty frustrated with Jerri after him and his wife finished 2nd and then she takes Sandra, who sucked in the challenge (and who he doesn't like much).
Less than literally anything else in this game I've never been able to understand Jury voting based on who "needs" the $. How can this POSSIBLY be a factor in deciding who wins the game?!?I'm not saying you're wrong. I just hate that it DOES become a factor.
It has been a factor in nearly all of the previous seasons. You can almost always count on a question from some jury member regarding what they would do with the money if they won.It seems there is a strange transition period at the final 2 or 3 where people stop seeing the game and start seeing reality and the reality is they are giving someone a million dollars.I tend to believe the money will be less of a factor this particular season since all the players already have some form of notoriety or money.Guess we'll see.
I think some jury members just can't stand the fact they have to give anyone the million since they were probably voted out by all the finalists so they use the "need" reason to rationalize their decision.Hopefully not a factor this season. I don't think any of the remaining survivors are too poor.
I don't like her. She comes off as brash and she thinks she's better than everyone else. Some people do on this show, but the way she has I just cannot stand. And, "As long as it ain't me", how is that not a floater? She went with Rob until that fell apart, then went to Russell and got her to vote out people in the Villains so she could make it to the merge. She was going to join the Heroes side but instead kept floating around making sure the vote just wasn't on her. She could've been out at numerous times (which I think Russell's made a mistake not doing so, because I truly think she will win now if she makes the Final 3) but as it is, it is. She has floated almost the entire season though.
Strategizing to make sure you aren't voted out is not floating. Sandra has managed to deflect the blame on someone else when she should have been the one gone. How is saving yourself floating? Not having a say in anything and doing what you are told is floating (Jerri).Sandra wasn't trying to go to the heroes side, she did go to the heroes side, but they screwed things up. She had no choice but to go back to the villains. I try not to be like others on here and tell people they are wrong since we are just voicing are opinions, but I think you are completely wrong here.
bah, after re-reading my post I see that I wasn't clear at all. Somehow paying 14 of 20 is like I won $6 on this bet. sweetI don't know what your fantasy team is so post or pm me your stars or FTP screen name. I do know you're now up $34 on me for this seasons Survivor. well done
Beefy Boys
i don't know what this means
brvheart (Des Moines) on ps

This is one of the more complicated final 5 that I remember. The only one who seems to have an edge is Parvati, and everyone knows that, so she's definitely on the block. If she makes the final 3, she wins against anyone, I think.Second is probably Colby or Sandra. Colby has been totally useless in every way, but that means he didn't piss anyone off, which might get him some votes over most of the others. Sandra stayed in the background while playing a solid game, and that seems to win often enough to not rule her out this season.Russell's only hope is to get to the final with the right other two people so that the vote is split 3 ways. But who? It's really not clear. Colby-Parvati? Sandra-Jeri? I can make arguments for almost any pair vs Russell, but none are convincing.And Jeri... who knows? She'll probably get Coach's vote, but who can she beat?There's so much uncertainty, usually it's a little more clear cut by now.

The thing I love about Sandra is how everyone knows where she stands. She is the only survivor, maybe in the history of the show, that would tell Russell, someone in her alliance, in that spot, that she's against him. And she said it to tell him that she isn't scared of him. She has a confidence that is infectious. I really hope she wins.

The thing I love about Sandra is how everyone knows where she stands. She is the only survivor, maybe in the history of the show, that would tell Russell, someone in her alliance, in that spot, that she's against him. And she said it to tell him that she isn't scared of him. She has a confidence that is infectious. I really hope she wins.
They aren't even really in an alliance, he's just needed her as an extra vote and she's really had nowhere else to go. If she makes Final 3 she wins, simple as that.. even though I hate to say it.

Colby's winning this!has colby sucked in chalenges? yesbut all the challenges recently have been non-physical...either build a house of cards, or hold this stick, or stand on this ledge, or throw water into this bucket etc...were due for some physical challenges all ready(which benefits colby)...colby's gonna go layne flack all up in this bitch, sneak into the final 3 with russell and jerri, and take down the million! :)side note: before the game started, i was cheering for exactly 3 people:russell(i felt hehe deserved to win it last season)colby(hes always been one of my favs)jerri(got stuck with her in the pool)i cant believe all 3 are still in with 5 remaining...

I like Colby, and his brother really was screwing up that challenge. He couldn't possibly be a worse judge of distances... but Colby should know that, since I assume that they can't play 'catch' either.You guys all need to start respecting Rupert more. Sure, he's emotional, but he is really good in challenges. The only person that can consistently beat him is a girl 20 years younger.

Rupert lighting a smoke as he's buttering and eating some bread before his 1st meal shows how strong nicotine addiction is. There wasn't a shot of him without a cigarette in the Ponderosa videos. I completely understand where he's coming from. Ponderosa is kind of weird. I can't decide if the personalities change when the players get out of the game or the producers are really that good at manipulating the projection of personalities shown in-game. I really disliked everything about Courtney in the game but at Ponderosa, she's completely awesome. How could the producers edit her interactions with other players in the game to hide how cool she is? I probably decided I didn't like her early in her first season and have been looking at her from that angle since. Whatever, Courtney rules.

I think the show is edited by really good people. I remember thinking that I liked Courtney in Brazil, once I realized how cool she was. This season, going in, I liked her and then as the season went on, I forgot why I liked her. I WAS TRICKED!

Caught up on the Ponderosa vids.LOL at Rupert thinking the idol got him out of the game. Dude, 4 of 6 of them voted for you.Also, I'm pretty convinced Russell will make the final 3 and then get no votes.I still don't like Courtney but I would totally hate fuck her cause I'm into skinny chicks.

I think that Parvati wins it if she can get to the final three - I also think that she's very deserving and would win enough votes from the heroes side of the jury even if Colby makes it in there.I started out really hating on Sandra but she's grown on me. Her comments to Russell "I'm against you" and then flipping him off as well as the "loose lips sink ships" comment to Rupert just cracked me up. Rupert deserves to go home for being so oblivious to how his wood chopping in the middle of the night was affecting the sleep of the other survivors.Russell has no shot as he's alienated way too many survivors and somehow even seems to be more of a mean emotional douche then in the last survivor. You have to have some people skills.

lol, why do you hate him so much?
lol I don't hate him, I do think he is a tool and horrible at the game though. It's not his fault that he's so bad. Survivor just isn't for him.
I think that Parvati wins it if she can get to the final three - I also think that she's very deserving and would win enough votes from the heroes side of the jury even if Colby makes it in there.I started out really hating on Sandra but she's grown on me. Her comments to Russell "I'm against you" and then flipping him off as well as the "loose lips sink ships" comment to Rupert just cracked me up. Rupert deserves to go home for being so oblivious to how his wood chopping in the middle of the night was affecting the sleep of the other survivors.Russell has no shot as he's alienated way too many survivors and somehow even seems to be more of a mean emotional douche then in the last survivor. You have to have some people skills.
I've met him, and he's about the nicest guy I've ever met. He came to my DQ and spent like an hour chatting with my wife and I while signing books for random people that would come up and talk to him. The whole time his wife was sitting in the front seat of their huge RV, just waiting and rolling her eyes whenever he would start up a new conversation with the next person that came up to him.He is totally oblivious to how he treats people, but he means well. The wood chopping is just another example of this and in my mind, is the main reason he went home. If he hadn't annoyed everyone and there wasn't a fire under people, then he may have been able to convince everyone to vote for Russell.