Pocket 4s Three Handed. Your Thoughts On My Play

I am having problems converting, but it my question relates to preflop anyways... We are three handed on the final table of the tournament that lasted for some five hours... We've been on the final table for over an hour now, and Villain2 has my respect as a decent player capable of making the move with good hands and with bluffs / semi-bluffs as well. I decide to take the stand, and I am wondering about what you think.Villain1 is dealer (90000)Hero is SB (53,000)Villain2 is BB (60000)Hero is dealt 44Blinds 1000/2000/200Villain1 makes it 6000, Hero calls (I decided to call here as Villain1 was raising a lot of buttons and I know he can have anything. If in the BB I shove, but wanted to see the play of Villain2 and perhaps induce a squeeze). Villain2 makes it 22000. Villain1 fold. I go into tank and shove. Results are irrelevant, what do you think of my shove here. Terrible, ok, good? I've been working on my aggression during the late stages of the tourney, as it is one of my biggest leaks, and I am really trying to improve, as I often finish like 3rd or 4th or 5th, but rarely heads up, due to lack of aggression. Thoughts / advice of all sorts welcome. TY

After the guy put in more than a third of his stack, you don't really have much fold equity. At best you're flipping, but with such a low pair, you could also easily be a 4:1 dog, so I'd rather fold and play on with the 23 big blinds or so that you have left.

That's one of the aspects I'm interested in... So you do not think I have much fold equity? But one thing to note also is that I've been playing supper tight and this is like the first time I did this.

You should have no fold equity at all. If a guy puts in 22k of 53k effective stacks, he should never be folding...especially when he's 3betting to get that amount in.Reshoving Villain 1's bet is >>>>>>>>> this play. You have 44 - you definitely do not want both villains involved here. Reshove the first time it gets to you and either take it down there or win your flip.Also, your line makes no sense. What on earth are you trying to rep?

I'm repping a pair obv. A big one. Table dynamics was such, that it would not be very unlikely to flat Villain 1 with aces, because he was very active and tried to bluff a lot. He lost a lot of his stack earlier when he tried to three barrel bluff me of the quads, and in the end was unable to call my all in, despite of getting like 5:1. So that is a story, I have a big pair, was trapping Villain1 but now move over the top of Villain2, for whom I believe he could do this with A7, A8 and such, but I believe he folds these hands to my call / shove. Not defending my line here but only explaining way my thought process went... Of course, in the heat of the tournament I did not have this much time to analyze, but this is about that. Do criticize, I am trying to improve.

That's one of the aspects I'm interested in... So you do not think I have much fold equity? But one thing to note also is that I've been playing supper tight and this is like the first time I did this.
I don't think you have any fold equity; Villain 2 is getting almost 3.3:1 to call your shove.

You might think youre repping a big pair, but no villain is going to put you on that, so your rep fails. No one flats big pairs from the blinds to a button open.You do realize that if he had A7/A8, the way you played this, even if you turned over your cards as KK, he'd still correctly call your shove, right?This is FPS. Just reship over the button open.

You might think youre repping a big pair, but no villain is going to put you on that, so your rep fails. No one flats big pairs from the blinds to a button open.You do realize that if he had A7/A8, the way you played this, even if you turned over your cards as KK, he'd still correctly call your shove, right?This is FPS. Just reship over the button open.
Agree with everything here, except for shipping over the button open. 27BB seems like you are too deep for that; I'd prefer 3-betting to ~21,000.
Agree with everything here, except for shipping over the button open. 27BB seems like you are too deep for that; I'd prefer 3-betting to ~21,000.
If you are 3betting, you may as well ship it in here imo because I assume you wouldn't 3bet fold 40% of your stack at this point. It's less exploitable.

Yeah, if I was to come over the top of Villain1, I would shove, as outsider says - less exploitable and villain was very stubborn.

OK, so it's pretty terrible... Thnx
don't get down on yourself here...and i'm gonna nit it up and say this is a fold as played, but have to agree that we should just be shipping to the original open to max FE. And if we get called, we are most likely flipping.

No, I am not getting down, I am just getting the analysis to try and play it better next time when i find myself in a similar situation. I have finally found some willingness to give my best to improve my game... And from all I've seen on this forum, if this community cannot help, then no one can :club: BTW for those interestedGuy called, he had pocket Jacks, I turned 4 and went on to win the tourney :)Go suckouts!

don't get down on yourself here...and i'm gonna nit it up and say this is a fold as played, but have to agree that we should just be shipping to the original open to max FE. And if we get called, we are most likely flipping.
No, I am not getting down, I am just getting the analysis to try and play it better next time when i find myself in a similar situation. I have finally found some willingness to give my best to improve my game... And from all I've seen on this forum, if this community cannot help, then no one can :club: BTW for those interestedGuy called, he had pocket Jacks, I turned 4 and went on to win the tourney :tsGo suckouts!
Nice read TrueAce13!