New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Why donk into the preflop raiser? bc it's multiway and you expect him to check back his air and you don't want to risk a J+ rolling off?As played I like c/c the turn and c/f the river.I imagine his value range on the turn is like sets, better tens and like JJ/QQ and similar. Of course we can narrow his range further by noting the river action.Do people bet like KQ on the turn after we donk and they float and we check?Do we have any notes or stats? bc I don't really think I am donking into an utg raise 4 way... but I dunno I suck in these spots, like 78J flop one time??

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Why donk into the preflop raiser? bc it's multiway and you expect him to check back his air and you don't want to risk a J+ rolling off?As played I like c/c the turn and c/f the river.I imagine his value range on the turn is like sets, better tens and like JJ/QQ and similar. Of course we can narrow his range further by noting the river action.Do people bet like KQ on the turn after we donk and they float and we check?Do we have any notes or stats? bc I don't really think I am donking into an utg raise 4 way... but I dunno I suck in these spots, like 78J flop one time??
Villain is 20/19 over 1200 handsI bet into him because I have top pair lol. What do you want me to do? C/C forever? The original raiser could easy bet AK/AQ/KQ here - what do I do when one of those cards rolls off? Hell, he could check behind on the flop and he hits a free shot to hit an overcard. I think calling c/c OOP here is so weak. I would rather just c/f.On the turn I put him on air (floated on the flop), so AJ,AQ, etc. or a middle pair: 9s, 7s, etc. My intention was to c/f the river. What do you do? Fold preflop? I think better here is best. Checking is just being passive and I think you'll lose a lot of pots to worse hands.
against a typical UTG range I c/f the turn. I expect him to have at least KT when he bets. I doubt he's turning like 99 into a bluff here.
You don't think he could float one off?
You don't think he could float one off?
I'd say it's unlikely w/2 people yet to act and you leading into the field. Now if he were OTB, and the only person yet to act was the SB, I might be more suspicious of a float w/like KQs, but not really in this spot; in multiway pots, regs generally imo play more straightforwardly. He's coming in from UTG so his range has overpairs and broadway Ts, and I'd put my money on him having JJ/KT/AT given that he checked the river. He could also call the flop w/a middle-pair, but I feel that most players would just try and get to showdown.
Villain is 20/19 over 1200 handsI bet into him because I have top pair lol. What do you want me to do? C/C forever? The original raiser could easy bet AK/AQ/KQ here - what do I do when one of those cards rolls off? Hell, he could check behind on the flop and he hits a free shot to hit an overcard. I think calling c/c OOP here is so weak. I would rather just c/f.On the turn I put him on air (floated on the flop), so AJ,AQ, etc. or a middle pair: 9s, 7s, etc. My intention was to c/f the river. What do you do? Fold preflop? I think better here is best. Checking is just being passive and I think you'll lose a lot of pots to worse hands.
I was just asking bc this is an interesting spot imo. Like I'm not saying it was bad I just wanted your reasoning.I kinda agree with tryst about the float thing tho...I def don't fold preflop, but like I said this isn't the ideal flop for our hand, 78J plz!!

theorem violated by a 40/20Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($14.73)SB ($17.01)BB ($10)UTG ($24.95)Hero (MP) ($11.43)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :club:, 8 :ts1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, Button raises to $0.60, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($1.85) 5 :D, Q :4h, A :5c(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90Turn: ($3.65) 4 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.30, Hero raises to $9.93 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: $10.25 | Rake: $0.68Results:Hero didn't show J :qh, 8 :jh.Outcome: Hero won $9.57

Thoughts on this? Rush hand, so no info.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($2.95)UTG+1 ($3.89)MP1 ($12.70)Hero (MP2) ($10.10)MP3 ($7.95)CO ($10.19)Button ($15.99)SB ($9.85)BB ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Aspade.gif, Kheart.gif3 folds, Hero bets $0.35, 2 folds, Button calls $0.35, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.85) 3spade.gif, Aclub.gif, 5diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60Turn: ($2.05) 5club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.80

more coolers really. To come 9th somebody raises BTN (4 handed), I jammed AJ and BB woke up with queens, AxxJQ board ldo. To come 29th I don't remember, think I ran AQ into aces BvB. Today I jammed BTN with QJs and BB woke up with aces. Not like I got badbeat out of money, just everytime I get deep I run the nuts into the ultra nuts.

tbh when I play a session I have the game running in the background so I can hear the music. And I will be crushing those scores by the end of today
Fail (most likely)
theorem violated by a 40/20Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($14.73)SB ($17.01)BB ($10)UTG ($24.95)Hero (MP) ($11.43)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :club:, 8 :ts1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, Button raises to $0.60, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($1.85) 5 :D, Q :4h, A :5c(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90Turn: ($3.65) 4 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.30, Hero raises to $9.93 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: $10.25 | Rake: $0.68Results:Hero didn't show J :qh, 8 :jh.Outcome: Hero won $9.57
[ ] validatedFAIL BOATS ITTrainbow-room-fail.jpg

So I haven't really been updating my signature in regards to my weight loss goal, but I've been hard at work on dieting and working out for the past 3 weeks. Ever since I've cut foods high in sugar and fat from my diet, I've been feeling great. Able to focus better, and I just have a more positive attitude overall.I should have my BR back up on Stars in a month from today.

Win 10 buy-ins at 10nl and get ready for 25nl as I'm rolled but not sure if I'm ready
If you're rolled, but don't think you're ready, here's something you could try (if you want):If you're playing 4 tables, play 3 10nl and 1 25nl. Obviously, you're sample size at 25nl will be very small since you're one tabling, but it's more to build a comfort level for you. Once you reach that comfort level, keep switching out a 10nl table for a 25nl table until eventually you're only playing 25nl.
So I haven't really been updating my signature in regards to my weight loss goal, but I've been hard at work on dieting and working out for the past 3 weeks. Ever since I've cut foods high in sugar and fat from my diet, I've been feeling great. Able to focus better, and I just have a more positive attitude overall.I should have my BR back up on Stars in a month from today.
Man I need to get fit imoo. I'm just too lazy, oh and my running shoes are too small and I ran a couple of K two days ago and lost circulation to ym foot. oopsaldo I'm a bit drunk imo. yay saturday nights but stupoid dogs cousins etc. make me home early

epic hold to a misstyped bet.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.11beware the feral cow packs. they hunger.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersButton jamangas: $4.17 SB Hero: $10.00 BB SlushT: $26.73 UTG XEN_JDOG: $6.80 UTG+1 pile_on: $10.91 CO Skip2010: $6.54 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :3h: :club:: (6 players)XEN_JDOG calls $0.10, pile_on raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.00, and is all in, 2 folds, pile_on calls $9.80Flop: ($20.40) :D: :4h: :5c: (2 players)Turn: ($20.40) :D: (2 players)River: ($20.40) :D: (2 players)Hero showed :qh: :ts:, and won ($19.04) with a pair of Sevenspile_on showed :D: :jh:, and lost with a pair of SevensHero won $19.04i meant to type in the raise to $1 but accidentally typed in 10 and hit enter.. seen flop and was like WTF!!!!

If you're playing 4 tables, play 3 10nl and 1 25nl. Obviously, you're sample size at 25nl will be very small since you're one tabling, but it's more to build a comfort level for you. Once you reach that comfort level, keep switching out a 10nl table for a 25nl table until eventually you're only playing 25nl.
I always screw up when I mix levels. "Oh sure, I can see a flop for only 60c." . . . "Shit"

Does anyone want to micro bet the basketball games today? $5 a game I'll take:Butler -1 vs Michigan StateandWest Virginia +2.5 vs DukeQuote it and it's booked*I got my lines from oddsmaker.com