New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Does anyone have any generic advise on playing over pairs? I'm getting soul crushed with them lately, is there any time you ever lay them down at 2NL?

Does anyone have any generic advise on playing over pairs? I'm getting soul crushed with them lately, is there any time you ever lay them down at 2NL?
HELL NO! Not at that level. You have KK, flop comes 4,10,6 80% if you go all in, at least one person will call with x-10 or x-6... sadly yes some will hit trips or two pair but over the long hall at that level your bank roll will increase...now that being said, I am not advocating all in on every flop when you have a over pair ... case and point(in my case its not a set but I wanted a reason to post this hand)....Reason for check on flop is villian bets 100% on flop when checked too over 55hands.... PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($6)MP1 ($10.07)Hero (MP2) ($5.65)MP3 ($2.66)CO ($4.99)Button ($11.37)SB ($1.95)BB ($2.54)UTG ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Kclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif3 folds, Hero bets $0.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.15, 3 foldsFlop: ($0.37) Kspade.gif, 5heart.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.15Turn: ($0.97) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.95, CO calls $0.95River: ($2.87) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $4.25 (All-In), CO calls $3.59 (All-In)Total pot: $10.05 | Rake: $0.45Kosin Trouble

Good fold or should I have called?Lots of history, 500+ hands, rarely reraises, so have he defenitly hit something... about 17/8 preflop..PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($4.98)MP1 ($7.08)MP2 ($8.51)CO ($13.12)Button ($6.50)Hero (SB) ($4.95)BB ($6.74)UTG ($2.33)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif1 fold, UTG+1 bets $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.18, 1 foldFlop: ($0.45) 10heart.gif, Kdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.80, Hero foldsTotal pot: $0.85 | Rake: $0Kosin Trouble

Gah... I wouldn't donk bet into the preflop raiser. And if you do, make it like .3, but I wouldn'tI'd check/call here.Also, by bet/folding, we are turning our hand into a bluff. DUCY?We are taking a pretty strong hand (tp, backdoor nfd, gutter to the nuts) and folding to a riase when we could easily check/call and if nothing else hold on bc we have showdown value.

If the flop comes 235 and you have 77, I wouldn't be shoveling money into the pot. If the flop comes TJQ and you have KK, I wouldn't be excited if all the money went in. I might even fold to a flop raise verse the right people. If you have an over pair and get c/r on the turn, I would look to fold most of the time.
Dear fighter,DIE!<3, JamesAlso, soooooo many fish itt (in that thread, not this thread)
That was fun. Rdog's AIM conversations were the best part.

Had a fun day today, pretty much insta got myself in a 3BI hole with a couple of big mistakes. Got it break even after 300 hands and 1.5 BI profit after 562 hands.For next month I'm going to try and keep a better track of hands played and profit/loss as well as do the take2 bonus and try and get the free $25 on fulltilt. Hopefully I can stop being a 2NL donk and become a 5NL slightly less donk.

Had a fun day today, pretty much insta got myself in a 3BI hole with a couple of big mistakes. Got it break even after 300 hands and 1.5 BI profit after 562 hands.For next month I'm going to try and keep a better track of hands played and profit/loss as well as do the take2 bonus and try and get the free $25 on fulltilt. Hopefully I can stop being a 2NL donk and become a 5NL slightly less donk.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!GL

My March: all 100nlLFctppCed7w6SS1rSCtA.pngREALLY REALLY FUN MONTH! I'm still kinda in shock that I could run so bad/so under EV in a single month, to the extent of 40 buyins, but I guess it's a very good indicator of just how ****ing sick and variance-ridden this game is.Anyway onto the totals:Cash: -$3271.76PLO: +$97.52Rakeback/bonus: $948.77Staking others in donkaments: $549.84Tourneys: $1689.82Total: +$14.19WINNING MONTH BITCHES!!!No idea how I pulled a winning month out of my arse from that. Ship it

My March: all 100nl
The end bit of your graph scares me. Your ev goes up but your Green line goes down. It is like a mirror. That must be a really close assortment of monster bad beats.

I didn't play much this month due to school and whatnot.stupid.pngThe huge downswing is a bunch of consecutive cooler hands. Flop sets, lose, cry, repeat.I think most of this is 100NL

Well, March was more difficult than February.I put in my most volume which is good, but I didn't do so well.I continue to learn a lot each month which is good. I watched a lot of videos and did some sweat sessions and I think I played well. Bring on April!Picture1-5.pngSo NLHE: (28.04)Rakeback/bonuses: $80.34Buying pieces: $45Tournaments: $10 (Thanks Jay who staked me in the mini FTOPS ME and I min-cashed balla)= $107+ LOLIVE POKER $173$280April goals:Keep working hard; watch videos, participate in sweats, look critically at HHs etcPlay 12k handsWin 10 buy-ins at 10nl and get ready for 25nl as I'm rolled but not sure if I'm readyThanks as always to Babs and SH. Droberts and therescav too!Congrats to everyone and let's goooo April!

This hand pretty much sums up my poker career...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 5 playersButton: $50.00 SB: $62.00 BB: $98.80 UTG: $74.10 (Hero)CO: $81.75 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Jc.gifQd.gif (5 players)Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1Flop: ($4.75) Qs.gifAh.gifQh.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, CO folds, BB calls $3Turn: ($10.75) Jh.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7River: ($24.75) 9h.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $62.60, and is all in, BB calls $62.60BB showed Kh.gifTh.gif, and won ($146.95) with a Royal FlushHero showed Jc.gifQd.gif, and lost with a full house, Queens full of JacksBB won $146.95(Rake: $3)

james checked out the first 30 mins of your vid1:50 I steal from co w/A8o4:00 w/3 players in I prob call 65o from bb4:20 kqo fold is std5:10 I c/bet w/AQs on the K54r board, you take it down a lot and when you don't have some good equity in pos (ace, bd draws, q is sometimes good)8:40 I like the c/c w/the krablar 10:56 good disciplined fold of ak on the kqj9 board11:00 I can't see stacks really but I don't fold AA there for just $1.50 on the turn16:30 laa is indeed a nit, kudos to your informant19:20 lol misclicksI cannot see stats or I don't know villain but a turn barrel is ok when holding kjo imo even though that card did nothing20:25 not folding A5s otb, either isolating or at least calling behind23:30 AK hand in 3bet pot should prob be posted24:00 I'm flatting KTs otb to the CO open26:00 def don't c/bet this monotone board when you have AK in a 4-bet pot...I used to try and bluff these boards but it never works. all it takes is for him to have one of the suit and he'll jam, and you cannot call. monotone boards are like the worst to possibly bluff, because no one's ever folding an overpair, with or without the suit, and when the pot's large no one's ever folding a FD.29:40 yup prob check behind on turn when you hit your ace (also I just flat the flop w/out history/reads) and then fold to the turn raise if you do in fact bet.

This hand pretty much sums up my poker career...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 5 playersButton: $50.00 SB: $62.00 BB: $98.80 UTG: $74.10 (Hero)CO: $81.75 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Jc.gifQd.gif (5 players)Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1Flop: ($4.75) Qs.gifAh.gifQh.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, CO folds, BB calls $3Turn: ($10.75) Jh.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7River: ($24.75) 9h.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $62.60, and is all in, BB calls $62.60BB showed Kh.gifTh.gif, and won ($146.95) with a Royal FlushHero showed Jc.gifQd.gif, and lost with a full house, Queens full of JacksBB won $146.95(Rake: $3)
losing to the Royal >>> losing to AQ

Ty trstero!So I'm posting from the iPhone so excuse the hhutg limps, 3 folds, hero iso QTs otb$1, sb folds, bb callsAc 9d 4hcheck check checkJscheck, utg bets 2.5, hero calls, bb checksJccheck, check, hero bets $6.5... We cool with this?

I played the first 10 days of March on a computer that doesn't work anymore so here's my graph of March after March 10th.marchfinal.jpg+$300ish on the broken computer (I should get that thing to boot or remove the hard drive so i can salvage my db...but I'm lazy.)March was looking awesome until the downswing crushed my soul and confidence :club: . Looking forward to a fresh start in April.

@James. I don't really like it. I would prefer if you bet the flop (expect one person to call) and the turn is a good card to fire away again. As played I think the guy has a 9 and he's probably not going to fold because of the A on board. I'm assuming he's not a nit. If he is, then I'm more OK with the river bluff.

Well here's my March at 10NL Rush. Plus $60 in bonus and some rakeback.March.jpgRan like Forrest Gump mid-month but that was quickly erased and have been struggling to get back on an upward trend. My plan, as I've documented in my blog, is to finish out this block of 10k hands at Rush, see how I've done at plugging my leaks, and then move back to regular 10NL full ring to see how I do with the HUD at my disposal. I'm actually interested to see how I do there after playing 20k hands virtually readless in Rush. Also plan to get back to the $1.10, 45-turbos that I abandoned during this recent bonus period.

I have run AK into KK and AK into AA so far live aipfran twice vs the kings and made a straight to chop that pot but damn I want march to end