KingJames

New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I agree the C/R is a better and cheaper option IF there's a greater chance of her raising my flop bet over any other action. I think the only reason I took my line is because at the time, I thought she was more likely to just fold. If she just calls, then that's the cheapest route, other than check/check. The original plan was bet/fold, but when she started talking, that's why I raised.

Anyways, enough about that hand. Here's another one that happened a different day. It's pretty standard on my part, so this is more from the perspective of villain.

My original table gets broken up after a few hours, and I get moved to a new table, and have to sit in Seat 1 (gross!). I have somewhere between $280 and $320 in front of me. The guy directly to my left in Seat 2 is your generic wanna-be poker pro. White guy in his late 30s/early 40s. Wearing a plane t-shirt, dark sunglasses, and he has a WSOP card protector. He's also got the most chips at the table, with around $700 or so.

In the beginning, he seems to raise a few pots pre-flop, but plays ABC post-flop. Not too tight, and not too aggressive. I don't think he's horrible, but he's definitely not great. So the hand starts after about 15 minutes of me being there. Leading up to the hand, he's yapping the whole time about how he got coolered and bubbled a qualifier when he ran top 2 into top set.

He raises to $6 UTG. 2 callers. I look down at AsKs in the BB and make it $25. He instantly shuts up. At this point I'm just staring directly in front of me at the felt, but I can see in my peripheral that he's doing his best Hellmuth impression and staring me down. After a minute, he makes it $100. One person folds, but an old lady in the SB calls for less (she had around $60 to start the hand).

It's on me now, and I tank for a little bit, all while this guy is staring into my soul. I jam the rest in, and he eventually folds after another 2 minutes of soul reading.

I ended up winning the hand on a board of AT36A

Gotta concur with Fargo on the 8h5h hand.

Opponent's sizing in AK hand is pretty terrible if he's planning to r/f.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o And he's got the TT

And we held!!!

nh nh

• Like 1

It might be time to bring this thread back.