New Challenge: Movin' On Up

November goals25k handswin moneyz!
[x] 25k hands[ ] win moneyzIt started good, I took a shot at 25NL, it did not end well and only lasted 6k hands.Nov11.jpgBest hand from my 25NL shot:feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 4 playersSB: $19.99 BB: $20.07 UTG: $25.00 Button: $25.00 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with :4h:club: (4 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $20.07, Hero calls $19.32Flop: ($40.24) :qh:ts:D (2 players)Turn: ($40.24) :D (2 players)River: ($40.24) :jh (2 players)BB showed :qh:4h, Hero showed :5c:ts, BB won $39.24TotalPoker: $-22.65Bonus etc: $100= $77.35December goals25k handswin moneyz!Strat content:I don't play a lot of heads up so I wasn't really sure what to do here if villain shoves or if he checks. My only read is that he is a Russian random. I haz top pair on the flop, he probably doesn't have many kings in his range unless he has KJ that was already ahead?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 2 playersBB: $9.42 Button: $10.00 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with :5c:club: (2 players)Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($1.20) :3h :3h :jh (2 players)BB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00Turn: ($3.20) :D (2 players)BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00River: ($7.20) :D (2 players)
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

he could have like KdQd, just barreling with AK, and AA is always a possibilityI call a river shove though, tough for him to have a better hand and a lot of better one pairs (KQ/AK) will check on the river looking to induce on the missed diamonds

It had felt like forever since I got someone to stick it in drawing dead; it's a good feeling. Although when he was deciding on calling the flop I said to my roommmate, "let him have 66 one time to make this easy" Then the turn peeled and I laughed a little3a.png

he could have like KdQd, just barreling with AK, and AA is always a possibilityI call a river shove though, tough for him to have a better hand and a lot of better one pairs (KQ/AK) will check on the river looking to induce on the missed diamonds
He timed down forever while I pooped my pants in nit mode then he finally checked to me and I checked it back.

Villain is basically unknown: 31/23/6AF over 26 hands. The donk/call, call is a flush draw most of the time here, right? He snap jammed the river, btw. ez folds?Also, thoughts on turn sizing?Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterUTG: $2.35BTN: $10SB: $11.20Hero (BB): $11.86Pre-Flop: 9diamondnormal.gif Theartnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)UTG folds, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.10Flop: ($0.60) 9clubnormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif 2diamondnormal.gif (3 Players)SB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN folds, SB calls $1.30Turn: ($4.10) 4heartnormal.gif (2 Players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3River: ($10.10) Adiamondnormal.gif (2 Players)SB raises to $6.25 and is All-In, Hero??

I would think if he had a FD on the flop, he would've 3b your raise. But maybe not.You also lose to AT on the river, which play it the same way. I think it's a good fold. You might want to stove your hand against AT, flushes, and maybe include a few combos of bluffs like 78 and JQ just to see how it looks.

On another note, James.I tried using that HH converter, and it's not working for me.
I got the HHs from copilot which might change them a bit; then I went to the leggo site and converted it... I dunno.

UTG is 17/11 so his range is likely 66+ and big suited cards; I think if he has an over pair he will c-bet, but I can likely stack him with a donk or a c.rThe CO is a 49/10 fish who is the most likely to have a flush draw (assume he calls almost all suited cards)- his AF is 2 but I don't know if he's the type to bet a flush draw in a mw pot if the pfr checks... so I'm more inclined to donk.The button is a TAG reg, 23/19 and no real reads. I assume he will check behind a majority of his range if checked to. I think he'll be a good J (KJs or AJ) as well as his draws. He's got a wide range imo; lot of pairs, SCs and even some trashier hands as he'll be IP vs the fish.So I went with the donk. Then the fish calls; I assume his range to be flush draws, any J, probably AX gutters 56 and even 57 or 67. Also, my donking range would be like 33, 44, 56ss, A3/4/5ss and that's about it; cool?The As falling is interesting as it eliminates the AXss draws, and may give him a pair on a AX gutter or even two pair if he has AJ A2/3/4/5So now I'm lost; bet/call, bet 1/2pot/fold, c.c, c.f? crai? I feel as though bet 3/4pot/calling is best. But only bc I don't want to give him a free card, or let him get to the river with a J and random spade. I feel if we bet/call, when he jams it's bc he has a flush, or AJ but I dunno... we prob get it in behind most of the time; lost...Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterUTG: $10MP: $10.75CO: $10.12BTN: $10.84SB: $2.90Hero (BB): $12.19Pre-Flop: 4clubnormal.gif 4heartnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)UTG raises to $0.35, MP folds, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($1.45) 4spadenormal.gif 3diamondnormal.gif Jspadenormal.gif (4 Players)Hero bets $1.45, UTG folds, CO calls $1.45, BTN foldsTurn: ($4.35) Aspadenormal.gif (2 Players)$8.32 effective, btw

Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterUTG: $10MP: $10.75CO: $10.12BTN: $10.84SB: $2.90Hero (BB): $12.19Pre-Flop: 4clubnormal.gif 4heartnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)UTG raises to $0.35, MP folds, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($1.45) 4spadenormal.gif 3diamondnormal.gif Jspadenormal.gif (4 Players)Hero bets $1.45, UTG folds, CO calls $1.45, BTN foldsTurn: ($4.35) Aspadenormal.gif (2 Players)$8.32 effective, btw
Let's say you bet $2.50 on the turn, and he ships. We'll have to call $5.82 into $15.17 so around 3:1.If his range is flushes and AJ, then we have 39% equity, and calling is slightly +EV. Obviously, if we include hands like A3 and A4, it becomes even more +EV.Now if he only raises with flushes (most likely scenario), bet/calling is -EV. Is there any shame in x/c'ing the turn? I know we allow him to check back some hands, and see a free card. I remember reading somewhere that in spots where there's 3 to a flush on the turn, the likelihood of the 4th flush card coming on the river is a lot less than people think.Interesting hand.

Villain is 21/15 reg. Has a habit of donk betting and also a habit of folding on the river (83% - 10/12 hands)What's my range?Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comHero (MP): $11.28CO: $24.08BTN: $10.67SB: $10.35BB: $10.32UTG: $12.29SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has XXfold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, foldFlop: ($0.70, 2 players) 8s 9h ThSB bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52Turn: ($1.74, 2 players) 7dSB bets $1.16, Hero calls $1.16River: ($4.06, 2 players) 9dSB bets $2.70, Hero raises to $9.30 and is all-in

Well the shot at 10nl started off pretty solid, up 6 BIs the first day. Mostly due to 2 set over sets. KK > QQ, and AA > AKSince then it's been the complete opposite. Coolers galore, and some spewage. Oh well.

Bodog games have been super fishy since going to anonymous. Like, I've never seen as many ridiculous punts at 2/4 and 3/6 in such a span of several days. The only drawback is that variance has increased since I can't game select quite as well as before and the games are so LAGgy (so many people like to just pot/pot/pot).

Bodog games have been super fishy since going to anonymous. Like, I've never seen as many ridiculous punts at 2/4 and 3/6 in such a span of several days. The only drawback is that variance has increased since I can't game select quite as well as before and the games are so LAGgy (so many people like to just pot/pot/pot).
I would think this all is to your advantage, because you're good at poker and not just a hudbot.
I would think this all is to your advantage, because you're good at poker and not just a hudbot.
I read that people can go rat hole and instantly come back to the same table with less on the table which doesn't sound good.
Oh, it certainly won't hurt me as much as it hurts some others in that regard, but it does suck to lose note-taking ability. It increases the variance and technically decreases the winrate...but the games have been ridiculously fishy the past few days. For example, I was playing a guy HU at 2/4 last night...I raised JcTc to $12, he 3-bets to $36, I call...flop 654cc...he bets $55, I ship him in for like $160 more, he calls...I think, "Time to get lucky,"...he shows Th8h. LOL. And honestly, that's just one of many ridiculous examples. I've also seen different people shipping 100bb into 5bb pots...at least a dozen times.
I read that people can go rat hole and instantly come back to the same table with less on the table which doesn't sound good.
Yeah, that is something that people are worried about. Honestly, I haven't suspected it much yet though.
For example, I was playing a guy HU at 2/4 last night...I raised JcTc to $12, he 3-bets to $36, I call...flop 654cc...he bets $55, I ship him in for like $160 more, he calls...I think, "Time to get lucky,"...he shows Th8h.
Use the converter, please.