New Challenge: Movin' On Up

link plz
He has mostly cleared it up now. When he first posted he wasn't very clear about what he knew when. It sounded like he knew ftp had no money when he told people he was sure everything was fine etc but now it appears he didn't know till much later when one of his "friends" was in talks to buy ftp and was under an NDA.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost...p;postcount=405was the first post he made
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I've been reading comments on news sites like cnn and wow the general public is poker retarded, for sure.this is my fav so far,"Whoever deposits money into a betting website where they promise free money for signing up are dumb to think it's legit. If a company is giving out free money without a source of revenue then the company will begin to collect debt. In texas hold'em poker, you are not playing against the dealer. There is no way for a company like Full Tilt to collect money from it's players thus there is no revenue being generated."lol. hear of the rake?

I've been reading comments on news sites like cnn and wow the general public is poker retarded, for sure.this is my fav so far,"Whoever deposits money into a betting website where they promise free money for signing up are dumb to think it's legit. If a company is giving out free money without a source of revenue then the company will begin to collect debt. In texas hold'em poker, you are not playing against the dealer. There is no way for a company like Full Tilt to collect money from it's players thus there is no revenue being generated."lol. hear of the rake?
lol It's best not to read the comments of almost any article on a mainstream site.

FML. - 2 BI @ 2/5Very first hard there is a min-raise to 10, I call otb with QJss. We go 4 to the flop. Flop 89T rainbow. pfr bets 5, I make it 25, all 3 call. Turn 9. I bet 75, sb calls. River 9, sb has T6... Fast forward a few hours when I'm like -$500 and not catching a ****ing hand to save my life. I limp/call a raise to 20 with T9. Flop Ts9s6x. BB(pfr) bets 30. MP snap shoves 230. I got into the tank, this guy has been playing very passive. Not seeing a lot of flops, and if he raises pre is almost always 2x-3x and he'll c-bet around around 15-20(even against 8 players) so I figure if he can't wait to get it in here I'm probably no good. I muck, guy behind me calls, BB calls (allin). MP - 96hhBB - AKssOther - QJssBoard bricks out and I lost out on a massive pot. Then lose my last $400 limping for $10 after a straddle from a super aggro with TT. 4-5 callers and he makes it $100 more. I ship $430 total. He calls with AJ and gets there, and proceeds to tell me how he knew I was 'making a move' blah blah blah. Seriously, so ****ing frustrating. The last month+ I've ran so far -EV it's laughable. Any time I actually make a hand, it's either no good, eventually becomes no good, or the action plays out in the ONE ****ing way I could muck. What's worse is that I just can't get over the tilt. It's so frustrating to sit and watch all these donks pile up chips, when I can't even make a hand like top pair and at least win a small pot. It's always been one of my downfalls and it just won't get better. I should just do myself I favor a save the money I've profited the last few months. It also doesn't help that my personal life has done a complete 180 in the last 3 weeks. Maybe I'll just stop playing, maybe I'll take some time off. Either way, gl all.

FML. - 2 BI @ 2/5Seriously, so ****ing frustrating. The last month+ I've ran so far -EV it's laughable. Any time I actually make a hand, it's either no good, eventually becomes no good, or the action plays out in the ONE ****ing way I could muck. What's worse is that I just can't get over the tilt. It's so frustrating to sit and watch all these donks pile up chips, when I can't even make a hand like top pair and at least win a small pot. It's always been one of my downfalls and it just won't get better. I should just do myself I favor a save the money I've profited the last few months. It also doesn't help that my personal life has done a complete 180 in the last 3 weeks. Maybe I'll just stop playing, maybe I'll take some time off. Either way, gl all.
It'll turn, keep that chin up.

So being English on the one hand I hate and ridicule the French but on the other it would be nice if someone saved my ftp roll. Talk about a tough spot.

Played pokerz today for the first time in over a week; this is one of the first hands I played vs a 45vpip fish1x.pngThen I got it all back and profited for the day
He tarped you goot.
feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $3.00/$6.00 - 8 playersMP: $796.95 HJ: $582.00 CO: $676.90 Button: $1,554.15 (Hero)SB: $630.00 BB: $240.60 UTG: $615.00 UTG+1: $180.00 Preflop: ($9.00) Hero is Button with :D:ts (8 players)2 folds, HJ raises to $18.00, CO calls $18.00, Hero raises to $68.00, 2 folds, HJ raises to $148.00, CO calls $130.00, Hero raises to $1554.15, HJ calls $434.00, CO calls $528.90Flop: ($1,944.80) :D :D :qh (4 players)Turn: ($1,944.80) :D (4 players)River: ($1,944.80) :ts (4 players)CO showed :3h:4h, Hero showed :club::4h, HJ showed :jh:5c, Hero won $189.51Hero won $1752.29 :club:

Well, since you guys said it was dead in here, then maybe I can give you guys something to do and help me improve as well (big challenge). Here is a little background:I recently had to take a 6 month "vacation", and I was able to read a good bit of poker stuff (no internet, magazines/books only) and the live pokerz was terrible. So, I could read a bunch, but never was able to implement anything. When I got home at the beginning of this month, I found I still had $1.30 left over in my Cake account from sometime last year. Since Cake's SNGs are basically non-existant, I stated to grind the cash games. Last year and early this year I really focused on SNGs and MTTs, and never played cash games much. I ran my $1.30 up to around $40 playing the .04 NL 6 max and FR. I feel like all of the reading I did for those 6 months really payed off. I started really seeing things much more clearly. Position, bet sizing, basically just PAYING ATTENTION to the board and what the tendencies of the players are, and if you get lucky enough to get a good table that pays somewhat attention, you can really mix things up on them. It is amazing when the light comes on and you feel like you could play anything, and you just about know what everyone has. Anyway, In the past few weeks, I feel like I can mint pennies at the .04 level. I usually play 2 tables for 1-2 hours per day. I have a had a few bad sessions, but mostly because I made dumb plays. Most players at this level bet big only when they have it, and unless they prove to you they are an aggrotard, you have to respect them. But, mild aggression really pays off here. In the past 3 weeks, I am averaging about $2 an hour per table. Even though I know I wasn't properly rolled for .10NL, I took the jump anyway, and got waxed the 5 single table sessions I have played. I was able to go back down to .04 each time and recover, but every time I take a shot I got killed. Biggest difference I have noticed is that .10 NL is alot more aggressive and not near as passive as .04 NL is. I know I was card dead a bit, kept bricking when I had a decent holding, and did catch a few cooler hands; set over set, flopped 2nd nuts over flopped nuts etc, but basically after my excursions I felt frustrated and discombobulated. I will say that since I was scared of going busto, I did fell like I was handcuffed in a few spots as well. I have really god confidence in my .04 game. I got down as low as $6 after my last attempt Tuesday, and am currently back up to about $18 this morning after playing 2 tables for about 4 hours in 5 days. Maybe I just need to build a bigger BR then take another shot when I don't feel like I am playing with "scared" money? I just got PT3 back going again. (beta version works perfect for Cake, and even HUD works too :club: ) so next time I take a shot I can easier post HH. I may go through and see if there is any good ones from my last sessions. Just easier to tag them as you go along.Basically, just looking for some advice/help/insight/etc that you seasoned vets can give.Thanks!!!

Hey!Grind 4nl until you get to at least $100; risk of ruin at 2 tabling 10nl with 4 buy-ins is ridiculously highPost hands here especially if you get into spots where you feel handcuffed!Get skype and teamviewer and all the other fun stuff and let's do some sweat sessions and stuff!

What KingJames said basically. Don't try and move up till you have a decent roll for it. Maybe try playing another if you/cake software can handle it to increase your hourly at 4NL but don't just spam out tables for the sake of it.

Trying to move up with a short rolls requires luck more then anything else to be successful, So I wouldn't worry about the results of your past shots. I wouldn't be trying to move up limits so much as trying to increase the amount of tables you play on. Gradually try and work your way up to 6-8 tables. If you do the maths on your possible hourly win rates at 10nl 2 tabling compared to 4nl 8 tabling you will see what I mean. Since the goal in poker is always to win the most amount of money, I think this is your best play. By the time you get comfortable 8 tabling I think you would be rolled to take a shot at 10nl properly, when you do drop down to 4 tables and work your way back up.

Thanks for the inputs. I was trying not to robo-poker but actually pay attention to the players. It is nice when you have that spaz at the table who overbet shoves all the time, and you are not afraid to make a $3 call on him with a .16 pot. But, I see what you are saying though. I feel like I probably could increase the tables a bit because at that level it really is all about position and bet sizing. Any aggression by opponents generally mean they have it. I'll try 3-4 tables for the next week and see how things go. I use to play 4-6 SNGs at the beginning of the year, so I know I can handle that many tables ( 2 19" monitors help out as well), just need to pay attention more and make a few adjustments.I know I was not properly rolled for 10nl, but .04 just seems pretty easy at this point. Don't know if it was just a few bad sessions or if the play is a bit tougher. Maybe a little bit of both. IDK. Thanks for the help, and I'll post back with some results and maybe some HH this week.Thanks!

Booked flight to Vegas yesterday! Flying out Wednesday, 11/2 early. Gonna play in the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza that day. It's like a $360 buyin. Then fly to Philly Monday for Eagles v Bears on MNF! Should be awesome.If anybody knows of any hotels in Philly near the airport and Link (which are only 15 minutes away) holla!

Booked flight to Vegas yesterday! Flying out Wednesday, 11/2 early. Gonna play in the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza that day. It's like a $360 buyin. Then fly to Philly Monday for Eagles v Bears on MNF! Should be awesome.If anybody knows of any hotels in Philly near the airport and Link (which are only 15 minutes away) holla!
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-essington-...inn%20essingtonI like the Jacuzzi tub rooms in this place. Have stayed there many a drunken night