New Challenge: Movin' On Up

1bb < 1/2 pot in 3b pot... I mean it's not great but it's probably okay?
Not with that board texture, we want to get stacks in by the river without relying on villain randomly spazzing AK there. I'd be betting a lot closer to $2
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Not with that board texture, we want to get stacks in by the river without relying on villain randomly spazzing AK there. I'd be betting a lot closer to $2
ok

My thoughts...Villain was running 38/17 over about 70 hands. In every single hand I played against him (where he had posistion), if I was betting the flop, he was calling. He would usually fold to a double barrell a pretty high percentage of the time, so he was pretty easy to play against.When he raises me on the flop, I was a little confused because it was out of the norm for him.At that point, I decided I was just going to c/c down since I thought there was a chance I might actually be beat, since I think he does have a fair amount of 6x hands in his range. On the river, I figured it was close to 50/50 that he had a hand he would just call a bet with vs. bet my hand for me if I checked. Didn't really see much value in c/r the river.Is this line okay, or too passive?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($30.76)MP ($41.36)CO ($38.05)Button ($25)SB ($25.24)Hero (BB) ($27)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :club:, 3 :club:UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.60) 6 :5c, 5 :4h, 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($3.10) A :ts(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3River: ($9.10) 10 :qh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $7, Hero calls $7Total pot: $23.10 | Rake: $1.13

I lost a hand last night almost exactly like this playing exactly like this and started thinking it through. Consider a couple of things for a minute:1. There is a potential flush and straight draw here.2. Although you know you are ahead now no ones hand is really defined. I like the flop play. I would probably have done the same of leading just to look like I hit the 5 and were probing. In fact this is what I did last night. The turn you probably should have led with a 1/2 pot bet and hoped he reraised OR c/r. I would prefer the first because on a reraise from him you could get it in against a person that could fold Ax, A5, Flush or Straight Draws, QQ, KK, 1010, JJ, 99, etc.. Considering how the hand played at a higher level I might think of 55 or a better x6, but not at these stakes. On river I probably would have attempted to extract a little more value by putting out a min bet up to 14. The worse that could happen is you reload and beat this guy up for more chips in later hands. It was a little passive and it looks like you lost a little value, but you didn't get smoked by overplaying and your opponent hitting. In my case I alluded to earlier, my passive play let my opponent catch on the river on a flush.

My thoughts...Villain was running 38/17 over about 70 hands. In every single hand I played against him (where he had posistion), if I was betting the flop, he was calling. He would usually fold to a double barrell a pretty high percentage of the time, so he was pretty easy to play against.When he raises me on the flop, I was a little confused because it was out of the norm for him.At that point, I decided I was just going to c/c down since I thought there was a chance I might actually be beat, since I think he does have a fair amount of 6x hands in his range. On the river, I figured it was close to 50/50 that he had a hand he would just call a bet with vs. bet my hand for me if I checked. Didn't really see much value in c/r the river.Is this line okay, or too passive?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($30.76)MP ($41.36)CO ($38.05)Button ($25)SB ($25.24)Hero (BB) ($27)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :club:, 3 :club:UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.60) 6 :5c, 5 :4h, 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($3.10) A :ts(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3River: ($9.10) 10 :qh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $7, Hero calls $7Total pot: $23.10 | Rake: $1.13

You may be looking at the cards wrong, there is no flush draw.I didn't lead the turn for a couple reasons:1. It looks super strong to lead 2 streets on that board.2. He's folded to every single one of my turn bets, so I wanted to give him a little rope to bet, as well as a little pot control for the times I am behind.Betting the river isn't horrible, but I think it puts me in a weird spot when I'm raised, and it just folds all of his air hands. I also remember seeing somewhere, that when you check/call the turn with a strong hand, you should almost always check the river to set up a check/raise. Although as I mentioned, I couldn't find a hand in his range that I was beating that would call a check/raise. So I elected to check/call.

ok
Just wanted to follow up with more than ok because I was tired and shutting down for the night when I responded to this.Sometimes, my inner fish comes out and I do weird stuff bc I don't want to lose my customer in this spot... But I understand why we should bet larger.++++++++++++++++I like your line, Jon.

Seen some serious value hating at rush today, one guy open limp/called from mid position with JJ and another guy flatted a min raise open with KK. Nice contrast with the guy that 3 bet 98o from the bb against my utg open and stacked off on the 922 flop.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :club:, 3 :club:UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.60) 6 :5c, 5 :4h, 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($3.10) A :ts(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3River: ($9.10) 10 :qh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $7, Hero calls $7Total pot: $23.10 | Rake: $1.13
I like your line but the river may not be a bad spot to "I don't know what" c/r. Now once the T comes, many of his kickers are counterfeited. Of course if he's playing some weird ass horrible hand like J6 you're ****ed, but probable hands like 67/68/64 tie you. If you c/r this river then you may get him to lay one of those hands down because you should not be c/ring naked trips there. You might also get hero'd by an Ax that had gone for a cheap flop bluff.But given his open limp and his stats, he looks to be terrible, so he'd never ever fold a 6. And since his MO has been to call, I don't see why he'd try and raise his ace on that board. So overall I think the c/r is very bad on this river against this opponent, but I think it's worth at least thinking about for different scenarios.
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $25.00 (Hero)SB: $20.64 BB: $25.70 UTG: $18.53 UTG+1: $33.45 CO: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Qc.gifAh.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1.85, CO folds, Hero calls $1.85, 3 foldsFlop: ($4.55) 6s.gifQh.gif6d.gif (2 players)UTG+1 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50Turn: ($11.55) 9c.gif (2 players)UTG+1 bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50River: ($26.55) 5h.gif (2 players)UTG+1 bets $12, Hero raises to $12.15, and is all in, UTG+1 calls $0.15Hero showed Qc.gifAh.gif, and won ($48.31) with two pair, Queens and SixesUTG+1 mucked Jc.gifJd.gifHero won $48.31(Rake: $2.54)
Fold pf; how do you think AQo stands up against action that goes UTG RAISE, UTG+1 RERAISE?Villain misplayed the river by calling - he's supposed to b/f, man, and so what if it's just 15 cents to call?!!@
readless I'm fine with that...utg was 53/35team awsm is 21/15/5.5 7% ebet over 170 hands. and a huge spaz. He is losing at a clip of -170bb/100 in my experience vs him and his ptr has him as a -5ptbb/100 over 53k hands. In position vs a spaz, I'll talk it, but in a vacuum it's a fold

punt of the night:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $25.00 SB: $41.45 BB: $10.90 UTG: $31.86 UTG+1: $30.85 (Hero)CO: $27.80 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Kh.gifJd.gif (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, BB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.50Flop: ($2.60) Qh.gif5h.gifJh.gif (2 players)BB bets $9.65, and is all in, Hero calls $9.65Turn: ($21.90) 3d.gif (2 players)River: ($21.90) 6s.gif (2 players)BB showed 8d.gif8s.gif, and lost with a pair of EightsHero showed Kh.gifJd.gif, and won ($20.81) with a pair of JacksHero won $20.81(Rake: $1.09)

Better puntferal_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 9 playersSB: $23.99 BB: $12.00 UTG: $25.00 UTG+1: $19.13 MP: $15.61 MP2: $25.00 (Hero)HJ: $40.79 CO: $13.27 Button: $27.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with 5c.gif5d.gif (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP folds, Hero raises to $1.25, HJ calls $1.25, 2 folds, SB calls $1.15, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.25) Td.gif5s.gifTc.gif (3 players)SB bets $4, Hero calls $4, HJ foldsTurn: ($12.25) 6c.gif (2 players)SB bets $18.74, and is all in, Hero calls $18.74River: ($49.73) Jh.gif (2 players)SB showed 9d.gif4d.gif, and lost with a pair of TensHero showed 5c.gif5d.gif, and won ($47.25) with a full house, Fives full of TensHero won $47.25(Rake: $2.48)

readless I'm fine with that...utg was 53/35team awsm is 21/15/5.5 7% ebet over 170 hands. and a huge spaz. He is losing at a clip of -170bb/100 in my experience vs him and his ptr has him as a -5ptbb/100 over 53k hands. In position vs a spaz, I'll talk it, but in a vacuum it's a fold
I like it. I like you thinking beyond absolute hand strength and playing each individual decision on its merits even more though.
I like it. I like you thinking beyond absolute hand strength and playing each individual decision on its merits even more though.
ahhhhhhhh, ty fighter!
Took a shot at 50nl 6max last night, and by shot I mean I 2 tabled for about 60 hands or so. Won a little bit.Made a little bit, never had one of my hands go to showdown.
Weeeeeeee, glgl in your move up! Do you play on PS or FTP or other?
ahhhhhhhh, ty fighter!Weeeeeeee, glgl in your move up! Do you play on PS or FTP or other?
Cash/MTT - StarsMTT only - FTPAnd thank you. Hopefully in the next month or so, I'd like to be playing 50nl fulltime. Got close to 30k hands at 25nl, and pretty sure even though it's not a huge sample, I'm winning about 2BB/100. So it's just a matter of when I feel comfortable enough with my roll to move up completely.It's just a great feeling looking back to the beginning of the year and realizing that I was playing 2NL, and now I'm very close to 50NL.
Cash/MTT - StarsMTT only - FTPAnd thank you. Hopefully in the next month or so, I'd like to be playing 50nl fulltime. Got close to 30k hands at 25nl, and pretty sure even though it's not a huge sample, I'm winning about 2BB/100. So it's just a matter of when I feel comfortable enough with my roll to move up completely.It's just a great feeling looking back to the beginning of the year and realizing that I was playing 2NL, and now I'm very close to 50NL.
Unless you're in gear to get SN you may want to have a hard re-think about where you play cash. Breakeven 50NL pays the bills on rakeback