New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I logged in and saw that I somehow had .73 in my accoutn. So I played a .05 (1 rebuy) that got 150 players. 1st paid a whopping $3.32, but now I've got a little to grind with and maybe go big!

It was a soft tournament (obv.) I think I was only all in twice pre flop the entire time.

• 1 month later...

Played live poker (1/2 NL) for the first time in over a year while in FL last week. Played about 6 hours and won over $800. Only bought in once for $100.

Never had any huge hands like set over set, but just managed to make a lot of thinish value bets on the river. Like betting KJ on K966Q, and betting JJ on 962KA

Although I think my favorite hand was check/calling the river on 7d6d2c Jc 7s with Q high.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Jon,

I'm going to be in Denver this weekend. We might play a cash game around 10pm Saturday night. Let me know if you're interested; probably 4-6 handed and 25nl with straddles; like $60 buy-in and play until 2 or 3am

• 4 weeks later...

Played a short session of online pokerz today; two tabled 10nl on Lock with my funds which are apparently almost worthless. Prob going to try running it up at 50nl or 100nl sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Definetely want to get involved! i just moved up to 10nl a few days ago. so far so good. I only play 2 tables, sometimes 3, this laptop wont handle tiling 3-4 screens, it's too small to see. I've only played 400 ish hands so far in 10nl because I'm currently reading Gaines "poker math that matters" soaking up as much knowledge as I can. But I'm on the same boat as you's. Let's do this, D D D D D Drrop the bass!

• 3 months later...

So I dunno if any of you microballers would be interested in a microstake on SWC, but let me know. Probability that it'll be the fastest cashouts available in the US.

FOL

• 4 months later...

Played online pokers in Las Vegas last week - software is pretty good and at 25nl and 50nl there are plenty of games and games are good. Lots of 25nl tables (full ring) that have 50% of players seeing the flop. Solid. Easy to sign up, deposit and withdraw. Hope more states keep regulating and compacting for bigger player pools.

Nice that's good to know.

I've been playing a lot more live poker lately, and doing fairly well. Here's a fun hand I played last month

Lady makes it $12 in MP. Folds to me in the BB and I call with 8h5h. We both have around $300-$400 behind.

Flop is Kh6x4x. I bet $15 with my gutshot and BDFD. She makes it $45. I ponder for awhile, and then she says, "I've got the board beat." I start to stack out a raise, and she says, "Oh, trying to represent a set?" I 4-bet to $100 total. She thinks for a minute or two, and then calls. At this point I'm done with the hand as I'm not going to try and bluff a woman in a 1/2 game anymore than I have.

Turn is 3h. So I pick up more outs, but I still opt for the check/fold. A shove might work, but I'm fairly certain I have 0% fold equity as live players hate to fold the turn. So I check, and she checks behind.

River is 2d. GIN! I pause for a bit thinking of the best amount to bet, and end up going with $100. She tanks for like 2 minutes, but eventually folds. She then looks at me for reassurance that she made a good fold, and I simply oblige by showing her just the 8h in my hand.

1. Why are you flatting such weak holdings such as 85hh OOP to a $12 raise in what would be a HU pot

2. Why are you unnecessarily bloating the pot in what was only a $25 pot preflop by bet/3b that with only 4 known outs?

3. You smack a perfect turn card likely increasing your outs from 4 to ~15 and NOW you want to check/fold? That makes no sense unless she just up and jams 300 (assuming you started with 400 each) meaning you're calling 300 to win 800. And even then its only a slightly bad fold.

This is if she has ONLY AA KK 66 44 AK KQ

kCEN2tP.png

But yeah...pretty poor line of thinking all around. Good hand though!

1. You won't ever hear me say that the call PF was a great call, but 200BBs deep against someone I expect to outplay, I don't think it's the worst call in the world. It's definitely at the bottom of my range though.

2. It was her little speech that made me bloat the pot. At the time I thought she might be telling the truth, and would possibly fold her hand. As call happy as people are in these games, I've seen plenty fold overpairs/TPTK on the flop when the pressure gets put on them. I know I only had 4 outs, but I wasn't raising on the come so much as just trying to get her to fold. IMO, the best order of action on the flop would be fold>>>>>>raise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>call. I thought she could fold her hand, so I raised.

3. You're right. Even though I don't put hands like KQ, 66, 44 in her range. She's likely not seeing the turn with KQ, and I doubt she's raising to $12 with small pairs (as most people don't do that in this room).

I appreciate your input, and hope you don't think I'm trying to defend any bad play. Only trying to let you know, right or wrong, what my thought process was.

I think we can both agree, however, that showing the single 8h was the best part of the hand. Because it did put her on a little bit of tilt.

Oh, I am just being a jerkface for the fun of it. Don't mind me!

Also, taking out KQ 66 44 and your equity goes up (very slightly)

tjAGLLo.png

200bb becomes less '200bb' when the open is $12 compared to someone opening to 3.5x online. It's a pretty meh defend but you know that.

I still think its suicide to bet/3b into a lady that raised pre and then raised you on flop, as often as you HAVE seen that happen. If you're going to go that route, go for the C/R instead. If she chks back flop then fire turns. If she bets and you C/R her you are accomplishing the same thing as the b/3b while risking less.