New Challenge: Movin' On Up

only way i can win is by sucking out postflop......... :D silly regCake Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1795931DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBB: $13.50UTG: $2.30MP: $10.00CO: $9.85BTN: $15.00Hero (SB): $10.00Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with J :club: A :D1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.20Flop: ($3.40) K :ts 3 :4h 7 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $2.00, BTN calls $2Turn: ($7.40) A :3h(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $3.00, Hero calls $3River: ($13.40) T :jh(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $8.40, Hero calls $3.40 all inFinal Pot: $20.20BTN shows 7 :D 3 :spade:Hero shows J :qh A :heart:Hero wins $18.86(Rake: $-3.66)
Huh? you were ahead on every street...edit: oh, nm, 2 par. Still lolwtfcall37in3betpotshallow
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

i laughed a littleCake Poker $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1795966DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBB: $10.96Hero (BTN/SB): $21.98Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN/SB with A :4h K :club:Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $21.98, 1 foldFinal Pot: $2.40BB shows J :ts J :spade:Hero wins $2.40(Rake: $-0.00)
I really really hate the 4bet jam here
I really really hate the 4bet jam here
i figured with 50bb stack that anything other than jamming was bad.... whats a better line vs a 50bb stack?
i figured with 50bb stack that anything other than jamming was bad.... whats a better line vs a 50bb stack?
4bet to like 3.6 or something. something small to encourage a flat or a stupid jam. everyone at 20nl is a 3bet monkey on cake, when you jam there you're basically inviting him to fold basically everything. however, when you 4bet to a smaller amount they're encouraged to flat. people hate folding to 4bets at this limit so just 4bet to something a bit smaller and try to get it in on basically any flop barring something silly like 456dddi think jamming with smaller pairs here is fine, but ak should def be a smaller 4bet

How does JJ fold here? Does he really think he is against higher pocket pair heads-up? It can happen, yes, but you take your lumps and move on. This micro-world must be an interesting one ... not sure if I want to be 'influenced' by it too much. I suppose if I was to move the decimal over it might look a little different to me. :club:

if BB is that bad why not just 3bet pre.. u can make it on the smaller side since he is gonna call anyway.also if btn is 3betting so much, i really dont understand why we dont 3bet so it gives btn who is so aggressive a chance to 4bet

fishes gonna be fishes tho.. 3b and they still call imo
By flatting I get to play with both fish close to 100% of the time. btn also was the aggro type that spews with the initiative. Agree that 3betting is prob also good. But as fighter said, in this spot I think flatting pre is the slightly better play. I'm stacking the BB if the btn doesn't make 2p and he may even call the turn with just his 5 if the turn blanked off

its not a terrible way to play it i guess but for me i just always 3bet here, but i tend to be more laggy at the table so i get played back at alot..

also if btn is aggro with initiave, whats ur plan on A hi boards.. just call down.. or lets say it comes Q hi and u c/c or what not and board rolls out scary and he keeps firing.. whats ur plan then?0

also if btn is aggro with initiave, whats ur plan on A hi boards.. just call down.. or lets say it comes Q hi and u c/c or what not and board rolls out scary and he keeps firing.. whats ur plan then?0
A high board, depending on how aggressive btn is and how liberal of a hand ranking sheet the BB is using, I would sometimes call twice, sometimes only call once.On Q high, if it isn't rainbow non connected then I like leading since it removes us placing the fish in the same spot as before with us c/r him out of the hand. While it will leave us open to exploitation when we check, the bb should be calling often enough that we don't need to worry about btn getting too far out of line trying to exploit us.Honestly I don't like using the term fish ( not that I don't do it all the time). I think that it is lazy. An excerpt from Brian Townsends well when asked about gus hansen.
He is way way to loose, his style might work ok in tournaments against weaker opponents but he would not be sucessful at the 100/200 game.here are my notes non him followed by ther meaningNotes: DNB, CS, leads weak, PWHOP, NSOP, VBDNB: Do not bluffCS: calling stationPWHOP: Plays weak holdings out of positionNSOP: no sense of positionVB: value betleads weak: Leads into preflop raisers with marginal holdings
He could have just said fish as he would be in that line up. However the qualities that make him a fish, also affect how you should play against him.I liked KJ's hand mainly because he lead the flop. It is such a small move that is so important considering it flows from the same logic of keeping the fish in the pot that was used in his pre flop actions.While we are talking about Aba20's well, he is another somewhat relevant part.
Q. Your at 6 max table, your in the SB w/ AKo, UTG is TAG raises it, weak tight CO calls, the LAG button calls, what do you do? A. 80% reraise 20% callhttp://archives1.two...=0&fpart=3&vc=1
The idea that we have to do anything 100% can be detrimental to our game. We should occasionally flat aces, it makes us more rounded and harder to play against.With KK, you would never go wrong just 100% re raising pre flop. That is almost certainly the game theory optimal line. However the fish is not playing GTO, so the best line for us might be different as it best allows us to exploit his mistakes. Doesn't mean we have to flat 100% though.

Dunno about this spot I managed to get myself into.UTG +1 is a "reg" that I have played a lot with at 25NL, I've only just started at 50NL. His stats are 17/13 over 2.7k hands where he plays 10/9 from EP and 15/14 from MP. Here are the notes I have on him but I don't think any of them are that useful."x down QQ on K high flop oop as PFRraise QTo on button, call sb sqz + my bb cold calliso/4bet/fold vs my cold 3bet/5bet shove as CO vs buttonflat 4 bet in pos w/ AQo bvb"The button is a random one tabler that I have 12 hands on and is 17/0 over those hands.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 7 playersSB: $97.75BB: $45.00UTG: $39.25UTG+1: $50.00HJ: $50.00 (Hero)CO: $55.34Button: $17.25Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is HJ with :5c:ts (7 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, CO folds, Button calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.00Flop: ($6.25) :club::4h:3h (4 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, Button raises to $15.75, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $11.25, Hero ? So I'm happy to play for stacks against the random but against the reg I'm not really sure what to do here. When he just flats the raise that should mean he is really strong? The best range I could come up with for the reg was TT+,88,66,AsKs which makes him 56% favourite. I didn't like any of my options here really, what do you guys think?

As UTG here, my range for calling btn's shove would be 99+ and probably K and A hi Fds.. i dont know what the numbers would be if they were ran tho vs ur QQ

As UTG here, my range for calling btn's shove would be 99+ and probably K and A hi Fds.. i dont know what the numbers would be if they were ran tho vs ur QQ
Wouldn't you be more likely to shove over the top with any draws to get your money in while you had max equity? My thought was that he would falt more with made hands.

Hadn't played in like 9 days so I fired up a short session and won almost two bi today.Been so busy grinding golf and such... oh well summer isn't for poker anyway, right??

June Goalsprofit20k hands
[ ] profit[x] 20k handsDespite a bad start and low volume at the start of the month I managed to pick up enough money for a shot at 50NL which did not work out. I then had a go at some zoom poker when I moved back down to 25NL and apart from one good session that did not work out so well either.Jun12.jpgTotalPoker: $-160.13Bonus etc: $0.00= $-160.13I guess it's back to grinding 25NL for July and it may take a while before I can have another shot at 50NL.July goals30k hands