New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Yeah I took one last night, and had MDoranD on my direct left, he 3bet a couple of my CO opens when I was weak. And then I tried a horrible dbl brl bluff on AKQx tt, and checked the river when the flush card hit and he checked back with AJ. Then I quit down like $15.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Before BF, he was one of the best (if not the best) 25nl player on Stars. I watched some of his card runner videos a long time ago, really good player and good at explaining his thoughts.

Oh....Yeah, he's good at value betting etc from the hands I see that he's won in my db. KT > T8 on TTX and AA > 99 in 3b pot on 743 or similar.He did double barrel me with 66 IP on 823ttJ. I had TT tho... so I won.

Can't say that I have.Hey if anyone has about 14 hours to kill to watch some amazing pool played. Check out this match.

That's part 1 of 15. It was played in 1996 between two of the best 9 ball players in the world. A race to 120 (over 3 days) for $100,000.

Yeah, he's up a lot at 10nl and breakeven 25nl I think.Oh, I chose not to cold 4-bet AA this evening.I lost to a 97o that 3b an utg open.

James, not betting the turn with the royal is burning money.Jamming river is by far the best play too.

Thoughts on this hand?Pre: I call because I think my hand plays well multi way.Flop: I think leading out is okay (maybe better?), but I decided to x/call or x/raise depending on who bet. Villain makes it a PSB in a 5 way pot. He's not overly aggressive, and has a pretty low cbet. So I put his range on set/overpair, and rule out x/raising him since despite my pot equity, I know I have no fold equity. Not sure if that justifies the x/call.Turn: Best action? Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comSB: $10.00Hero (BB): $10.00UTG: $16.12CO: $4.34BTN: $12.72SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has :ts :4cUTG raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($2.00, 5 players) :club::4h :2sSB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $2.00, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $2.00Turn: ($6.00, 2 players) :6hHero??

Sucks bc we're oop. So we're calling getting 2-1 otf and we're about 2.48-1(28%) against making our hand on the turn. I used my pokrcruncher app and made his range JJ-AA and 33, 22. If we miss he's gonna barrel us and depending on sizing we're gonna have to fold. And when we turn an ace or a club, he may fold QQ if we donk and may check it back if we check. Tough to be profitable in this spot oop.If you think this guys range to pot into 5 ppl is only sets and over pairs I think we can fold... eek. I know, right?We could crai. We're 44% on the flop vs the JJ-AA and 33, 22 range. With dead money and if he ever has AQ or AK and bets pot and folds this could be a +ev spot?JJ- 3 combosQQ-AA - 15 combos22-33- 6 combosAKs- 3 combosSo he continues with 24 of 27 combos. So when we crai, 11% of the time we win! ev =$4 * .11 = $0.44The rest of the time,EV = Our equity * [What we win] - [Villain's Equity] * [What we lose]EV = .44 * ($2 + $2 +7.60) - .56 * ($9.60)EV = .44 ($11.60) - .56 * ($9.60)EV = $5.10 - 5.38 = ($0.28) + $0.44 = $0.16Minus rake at 10nl tho... so prob don't crai unless he's got more combos of AK or other hands he'll fold.I'm gonna work on the calc for how often he needs to fold to get like a +$1.00 or so ev spot, so that after rake we actually make some $$

If we add 3 more combos of AKo or AQs and he folds, we get to him folding 20% of his range on the flop. Then we make .80 when he folds and our ev goes up to .52 (prob still doesn't cover rake)At 3 more combos. So he continues with 24 of 33 combos, it's 28% of the time he folds on the flop, 1.12.I think c.f flop is the best plan. Unless he gets to about 16 combos of folding. Which is a lot. Then he'd fold 40% on the flop. And we'd get $1.60 and profit about $1.32 before rake.We could get crazy and have him bet/fold or bet/call with some AJ combos...

great thread so far as I'm reading it.Well, I've been running up my BR from freerolls to about $1k now, and still grinding it up on pokerstars. I'm going to try on other Euro sites this summer. Cash does not work too well because the rake is extremely high.

just asking but how can you be sure that he's not holding A2?
He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do stupid shit, as evidence of the hand.
  • Like 1

In my UTG and MP range, I got rid of 22-66 and replaced them with more suited Ax and some medium SC hands so I'd have more hands to barrell.I also stopped calling with speculative hands in MP and CO when someone in EP opened.

so earlier in the session he min bet the river with top 2he also had a very high bet river stat.ez call right?Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comMP: $3.84CO: $5.35Hero (BTN): $10.00SB: $12.49BB: $11.13UTG: $7.01SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has :3h :9sfold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, CO calls $0.35Flop: ($1.05, 2 players) :ts:4h :kdCO checks, Hero checksTurn: ($1.05, 2 players) :adCO checks, Hero checksRiver: ($1.05, 2 players) :8hCO bets $4.90 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.90CO shows :club::5c (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 32%, Flop 19%, Turn 32%)Hero shows :qh:jh (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 68%, Flop 81%, Turn 68%)Hero wins $10.31

Def bet/called Q8dd on K78dd9d8x instead of bet/folding... I sit there and I'm like yo, I'm gonna bet fold this river. Then they min-raise. And I click call. ick