New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Nash, I'm a little confused about the original HH. You raised to $.16, then got flatted, then the guy 3-bet to $.32? Or $.48? Cause if he went to $.32, I'd be pretty tempted to 4-bet. I don't anticipate people doing that with AA/KK often, but I do see them doing it with AQ/JJ/TT and some other hands. As played, c/c flop is fine.

just scared the shit out of myself^^ was so gonna fold but accidently called 90% of my pot, luckly i got my Ace at the river ended up dubbling my stack up^^ poker is gonna make me crazy someday

Nash, I'm a little confused about the original HH. You raised to $.16, then got flatted, then the guy 3-bet to $.32? Or $.48? Cause if he went to $.32, I'd be pretty tempted to 4-bet. I don't anticipate people doing that with AA/KK often, but I do see them doing it with AQ/JJ/TT and some other hands. As played, c/c flop is fine.
$.32You believe his range is weak because his raise is small? I would agree a huge raise in those limits is incredibly strong, but i fear the possibility of a really strong hand from a fundamentally bad player when i get min-raised. Like if they understood raising is their best option but they are scared shitless of not getting any action.

A few years ago min 3bets were almost always big hands. These days it can literally be any hand especially at the micros.Here's a fishy hand. Obviously have history with villain and know that he's really aggro. Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comSB: $15.07BB: $21.50Hero (UTG): $14.77CO: $10.00BTN: $22.81SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Ts AhHero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 9d Kd 3cBB checks, Hero bets $0.43, BB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $3.67, BB calls $1.67Turn: ($7.99, 2 players) 3dBB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($7.99, 2 players) KcBB bets $3.40, Hero raises to $7.00, foldHero wins $14.06

$.32You believe his range is weak because his raise is small? I would agree a huge raise in those limits is incredibly strong, but i fear the possibility of a really strong hand from a fundamentally bad player when i get min-raised. Like if they understood raising is their best option but they are scared shitless of not getting any action.
I believe that his range is less likely to include AA/KK because his raise is small. With one flat-caller already, they're typically going to 3-bet larger with those hands. It's not a rule...some players will do that with AA/KK, but in recent years, I've seen more fishy villains show up there with like 55. If we were 150bb+ deep or villain had really exceptionally tight stats, I wouldn't be as apt to 4-bet. When I'm advocating 4-betting here, it's with anticipation that villain has already shown himself to generally poor with his sizing. I think we can go like $1 and expect to get called by 88-JJ/AK/AQ almost all of the time. Again, as played, I'd c/c the flop. So we checked...he bet 3/4 pot...we called...what'd the other guy do?

Ugliest hand of the night...Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comBB: $11.59UTG: $10.02MP: $10.00CO: $13.13Hero (BTN): $15.10SB: $17.26SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9d 8sUTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.30, foldFlop: ($0.80, 2 players) 8d 6c 3cSB bets $0.60, UTG raises to $2.20, SB raises to $16.91 and is all-in, UTG calls $7.47 and is all-inTurn: ($20.14, 2 players) QcRiver: ($20.14, 2 players) 7cUTG shows 8h 8c (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 67%, Flop 96%, Turn 82%)SB shows Ac 6d (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 33%, Flop 4%, Turn 18%)SB wins $19.14

he guys! im a microstakes enthusiast who was put out of commission bc of black friday. in the meantime ive been playing playmoney on PS and waiting patiently on a change in the legislation. but i still love poker and LOVE talking strategy. would this particular thread be an appropriate one to be active on? im not a donk or wannabe, im just temporarily on the sidelines, and on some other forums if u dont have a huge roll, they dont wanna listen to u or they dismiss you. unfortunately ive found no threads for all of us black friday orphans...lol

he guys! im a microstakes enthusiast who was put out of commission bc of black friday. in the meantime ive been playing playmoney on PS and waiting patiently on a change in the legislation. but i still love poker and LOVE talking strategy. would this particular thread be an appropriate one to be active on? im not a donk or wannabe, im just temporarily on the sidelines, and on some other forums if u dont have a huge roll, they dont wanna listen to u or they dismiss you. unfortunately ive found no threads for all of us black friday orphans...lol
Ha, you'd definitely be welcome hereWe are mainly some micro stakes players; a few guys like Cobalt play mid/high stakes but it's a pretty fun group with what I consider to be some good poker minds.Def feel free to post whatever and we'd love to comments on any hands or whatever.Any reason you haven't decided to play on Merge, Cake or Bovada? I had all of my poker money tied up on FTP but deposited $100 on Merge last may and have run it up, cashed out the initial deposit and playing with the profit not too bummed if we get FTP'd again.
Ha, you'd definitely be welcome here
He is forced to say that since he is a mod. Your not welcome here until you post a hand were you bet less then half pot OOP as the pre flop 3 bettor or you post a picture of your dog.
He is forced to say that since he is a mod. Your not welcome here until you post a hand were you bet less then half pot OOP as the pre flop 3 bettor or you post a picture of your dog.
Good points
Your not welcome here until you post a hand were you bet less then half pot OOP as the pre flop 3 bettor
feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowHEM/Cake Poker NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 6 playersUTG+1: $83.54 CO: $372.00 Button: $464.02 SB: $1,108.67 (Hero)BB: $295.09 UTG: $812.04 Preflop: ($6.00) Hero is SB with :D:club: (6 players)2 folds, CO raises to $12.00, Button folds, Hero raises to $44.00, BB folds, CO calls $32.00Flop: ($92.00) :jh:D:qh (2 players)Hero bets $23.00, CO calls $23.00Turn: ($138.00) :3h (2 players)Hero bets $42.00, CO calls $42.00River: ($222.00) :D (2 players)Hero bets $56.00, CO raises to $263.00, Hero calls $207.00CO showed :4h:5c, Hero showed :D:ts, Hero won $745.00

Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comUTG: $4.45CO: $10.00BTN: $10.41Hero (SB): $13.32BB: $10.91Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Jc 9cfold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, CO calls $0.70Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 8c 5s JhHero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) JsHero bets $1.05, CO raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.35River: ($8.50, 2 players) 9sHero bets $2.83, foldHero wins $8.08

Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comUTG: $4.45CO: $10.00BTN: $10.41Hero (SB): $13.32BB: $10.91Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Jc 9cfold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, CO calls $0.70Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 8c 5s JhHero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) JsHero bets $1.05, CO raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.35River: ($8.50, 2 players) 9sHero bets $2.83, foldHero wins $8.08
nh. I think I might've preferred checking river if we're flatting the turn raise though. Like, if they happen to have a jack, flush, full, or maybe air, they're probably going to bet the river...whereas they might just call with a jack or flush when you donk. Like, you're basically targetting TT and 77 with the way you played it. (And I don't think you've given him much room to bluff-shove on your river bet.)
Ha, you'd definitely be welcome hereWe are mainly some micro stakes players; a few guys like Cobalt play mid/high stakes but it's a pretty fun group with what I consider to be some good poker minds.Def feel free to post whatever and we'd love to comments on any hands or whatever.Any reason you haven't decided to play on Merge, Cake or Bovada? I had all of my poker money tied up on FTP but deposited $100 on Merge last may and have run it up, cashed out the initial deposit and playing with the profit not too bummed if we get FTP'd again.
i was actually thinking of plunking a deposit onto lock. the research ive done says the traffic is good, but the payout speed is ridiculous....but then again, im not planning on having money on there i'd need to access immediately. my thinking is that it might actually be better in terms of building up a roll and not cashing out every time i win 300 dollars.
would it be best if i did it with 3-2 offsuit or would any baby pair do? and my dog is MUCH prettier than my poker game...lol
would it be best if i did it with 3-2 offsuit or would any baby pair do? and my dog is MUCH prettier than my poker game...lol
Dammit whiteboy, show us your dog. Also if you never play 3-2 offsuit again, I doubt you would pass up much money.

Hey guys! long time no see. started back into poker today for first time since BF.. had a spot i was a little unsure of on river.i couldnt get my HEM to work today but notes on villain is that he has c/r me atleast once or twice on flops and 3bet me pre a couple times, so i would say he isnt a fish and is somewhat competent atleast for the stakes given.Cake Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1745530DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterSB: $22.42BB: $10.14UTG: $2.85CO: $2.37Hero (BTN): $10.55Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 8 :4h 9 :5c2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) 4 :jh 2 :3h T :qh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($3.10) 8 :ts(2 players)SB bets $2.07, Hero calls $2.07River: ($7.24) 9 :club:(2 players)SB bets $3.62, i have rougly $7 total on river

Hey guys! long time no see. started back into poker today for first time since BF.. had a spot i was a little unsure of on river.i couldnt get my HEM to work today but notes on villain is that he has c/r me atleast once or twice on flops and 3bet me pre a couple times, so i would say he isnt a fish and is somewhat competent atleast for the stakes given.Cake Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1745530DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterSB: $22.42BB: $10.14UTG: $2.85CO: $2.37Hero (BTN): $10.55Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 8 :4h 9 :5c2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) 4 :jh 2 :3h T :qh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($3.10) 8 :ts(2 players)SB bets $2.07, Hero calls $2.07River: ($7.24) 9 :club:(2 players)SB bets $3.62, i have rougly $7 total on river
I don't think he will call with a one pair hand on the river and I can't think of a two pair hand he can have that you beat. I would just call.If there is a history of you turning flush draws into bluffs or shoving over river/turn bets then It might become profitable. If you have no reason to believe that he will try and bluff catch your river shove then this is just a call.

solid grind today guys. hope everyone is crushingyqFx00QyzdNoTxNAR3cB.jpgnever easy!!!!!Cake Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1746411DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterSB: $10.63BB: $9.45UTG: $3.10Hero (MP): $19.29CO: $11.12BTN: $2.25Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A :D A :club:1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $1.35, 1 fold, SB calls $1.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $19.29, 1 fold, SB calls $9.28 all inFlop: ($22.71) 7 :5c A :3h 6 :4h(2 players - 1 is all in)Turn: ($22.71) 4 :qh(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($22.71) 5 :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $22.71SB shows J :jh K :diamond:Hero shows A :D A :diamond:Hero wins $21.20(Rake: $1.51)villain here was super drooler obv but idk whether i normally 4bet jam this spot to look like AK or not.

Just finished playing 16.5 hours straight of 4-6 tables. Hadn't done that in a while. What are y'all's longest sessions?

Just finished playing 16.5 hours straight of 4-6 tables. Hadn't done that in a while. What are y'all's longest sessions?
not near that long prolly 6 straight or so