New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Re: raising button 2x instead of 2.5 or 3 or 3.5 or 4. I think all can be good as long as you have a reason for it. Think outside the box. It is why our beer float king is such a crusher.I recommend anyone who thought that one of those answer was "correct" to try the other 3 and fool around. It is how you get better.
:club: So I don't recall if I mentioned it here, but I've been fooling around with "fish" sizing. Bovada's slider is super wonky...so if you're playing .50/1 and slide it a notch or so (as opposed to clicking the up-bet button), it bases the bet on your stack size...so you end up raising like $2.73 or $3.06. I think people actually do end up playing differently against you based on it.Also, had my worst cash session in four years last night (-$5.6k in 6.5hr), then an hour break, then immediately followed by my best session in four years (+$5.7k in 3.5hr).
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

why i can't win at 10nlMerge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comBTN: $6.75Hero (SB): $15.14BB: $7.00UTG: $12.95MP: $27.50CO: $13.31Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Ad Acfold, MP raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, MP calls $1.70, fold, foldFlop: ($4.70, 2 players) 3h 3c 5cHero bets $3.92, MP calls $3.92Turn: ($12.54, 2 players) JdHero bets $9.22 and is all-in, MP calls $9.22River: ($30.98, 2 players) 2cHero shows Ad Ac (Two Pair, Aces and Threes) (Pre 80%, Flop 92%, Turn 5%)MP shows Jh Js (Full House, Jacks full of Threes) (Pre 20%, Flop 8%, Turn 95%)MP wins $29.44

Was in the process of posting of a live hand when i noticed i barely remember how the action went. Fail.I made like 35 bucks minus lunch (10) and gas (10) plus a 12-hour long stomach ache.

Nice to win tho, right???I had a real solid grind today; games were good.dcgSHs1Mb7xbK4I8xxl7.pngHow to play awful pre-flop and OTF and stack a reg 120 deep; dudes a pretty big nit, folds to 3bets 90% but I dunno if I should 3bet this wide vs his UTG... meh. Then I decide when he calls he's prob got a good hand... I could fire twice to fold out JJ/QQ, but I wuss out and give up. Turn equity. Decide there are enough implied odds. Then I almost just call river, jam instead. Got snapped so fast I thought he had KQ... ship it$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 PlayersPoker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. MP: $18.54 (92.7 bb)CO: $30.06 (150.3 bb)Hero (BTN): $26.15 (130.7 bb)SB: $21.44 (107.2 bb)BB: $20 (100 bb)UTG: $24.25 (121.3 bb)Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8club4.gif 9spade4.gifUTG raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.20Flop: ($4.30) 4heart4.gif Aspade4.gif Tdiamond4.gif (2 players)UTG checks, Hero checksTurn: ($4.30) 7spade4.gif (2 players)UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3River: ($10.30) Jheart4.gif (2 players)UTG bets $8, Hero raises to $21.15 and is all-in, UTG calls $11.25 and is all-inResults: $48.80 pot ($2.44 rake)Final Board: 4heart4.gif Aspade4.gif Tdiamond4.gif 7spade4.gif Jheart4.gif Hero mucked 8club4.gif 9spade4.gif and won $46.36 ($22.11 net)UTG showed Tspade4.gif Tclub4.gif and lost (-$24.25 net)

Dealer: Welcome to the table St Johns 375235781 Holdem NL $0.02/$0.04.Dealer: Starting a new hand (#3259384777).shenyu58598 is the dealer.Dealer: Heisenbergpt posts Small Blind $0.02.Dealer: HmmmAA posts Big Blind $0.04.Dealer: Dealing cards.Dealer: dikwer79 folds.Dealer: Nashtak raises to $0.16. POCKET QUEENSDealer: TommySixGun folds.Dealer: demoncol49 calls $0.16.Dealer: td12345 raises to $0.32.Dealer: shenyu58598 folds.Dealer: Heisenbergpt folds.Dealer: HmmmAA folds.Dealer: Nashtak calls $0.32. (too weak?)Dealer: demoncol49 calls $0.32.Dealer: Dealing Flop c8,c3,d4.Dealer: Nashtak ?Just wondering what should be our general approach in this scenario, most particulary over our deep stacks and us being out of position. Are we hoping to keep a small pot and get a cheap showdown or are we value betting this all day? No reads.I believe i'm misplaying these fairly common scenarios a lot.[EDIT] My stack is around $5.80. Td12345 is a little less (around $5.50). demoncol is 3.75 to 4.25ish.

Under current Hold'emsession you got 49 hands and saw flop: - 2 to 6 times the big blind (33%) - 1 of 6 times in the small blind (16%) - 8 out of 37 times when the other positions (21%) - A total of 11 of 49 (22%) Pots won in display - 5 of 5 (100%) Pots won without a showdown - 2at an tournament atm, is this stats good or should i be more agressive?

It's probably okay, especially if the big blind numbers include when you just check your option and don't voluntarily put money in preflopThe problem is that it's only 49 hands. In 49 hands you could be card dead and your proper amount of times seeing the flop is 1 or 2 times. You could also have gotten a rush of cards and profitably seen the flop 15 times.In such a small sample size it's hard to get anything of real value from looking at those stats.Do you use poker tracking software like Hold'em Manager (HEM), or Poker Tracker3 (PT3)? Either one is highly recommended for playing online seriously or semi-seriously.

It's probably okay, especially if the big blind numbers include when you just check your option and don't voluntarily put money in preflopThe problem is that it's only 49 hands. In 49 hands you could be card dead and your proper amount of times seeing the flop is 1 or 2 times. You could also have gotten a rush of cards and profitably seen the flop 15 times.In such a small sample size it's hard to get anything of real value from looking at those stats.Do you use poker tracking software like Hold'em Manager (HEM), or Poker Tracker3 (PT3)? Either one is highly recommended for playing online seriously or semi-seriously.
Yes im using HEM atm, but havnt gathered much data yet, just got it. the 49 hands was just in a single tournament on stars, just got to 1000 ppl left in the 100K tournament, still figuring out if im to passive and if i sould be more aggressive, since i basicly stay on a very low chip stack. damn those maniacs (sorry for spelling).

So i went to bed retarded late last night. I totally forgot i had a group career counseling class this morning. 7 hours class followed by 7 hours shift on 1 hour of sleep sucks.

Yes im using HEM atm, but havnt gathered much data yet, just got it. the 49 hands was just in a single tournament on stars, just got to 1000 ppl left in the 100K tournament, still figuring out if im to passive and if i sould be more aggressive, since i basicly stay on a very low chip stack. damn those maniacs (sorry for spelling).
Like KJ said, 49 hands is way too small of a sample. If i noted then reset my stats every 50 hands playing the same range of cards preflop, i would get greatly different results over a decent sample size.I would suggest you play tight aggressive. You really can't go wrong with this approach in No Limit Hold'em, especially tournaments and Sit'n Go's. Passive means calling a lot, which is almost always terrible.
Dealer: Welcome to the table St Johns 375235781 Holdem NL $0.02/$0.04.Dealer: Starting a new hand (#3259384777).shenyu58598 is the dealer.Dealer: Heisenbergpt posts Small Blind $0.02.Dealer: HmmmAA posts Big Blind $0.04.Dealer: Dealing cards.Dealer: dikwer79 folds.Dealer: Nashtak raises to $0.16. POCKET QUEENSDealer: TommySixGun folds.Dealer: demoncol49 calls $0.16.Dealer: td12345 raises to $0.32.Dealer: shenyu58598 folds.Dealer: Heisenbergpt folds.Dealer: HmmmAA folds.Dealer: Nashtak calls $0.32. (too weak?)Dealer: demoncol49 calls $0.32.Dealer: Dealing Flop c8,c3,d4.Dealer: Nashtak ?Just wondering what should be our general approach in this scenario, most particulary over our deep stacks and us being out of position. Are we hoping to keep a small pot and get a cheap showdown or are we value betting this all day? No reads.I believe i'm misplaying these fairly common scenarios a lot.[EDIT] My stack is around $5.80. Td12345 is a little less (around $5.50). demoncol is 3.75 to 4.25ish.
bump
So i went to bed retarded late last night. I totally forgot i had a group career counseling class this morning. 7 hours class followed by 7 hours shift on 1 hour of sleep sucks.Like KJ said, 49 hands is way too small of a sample. If i noted then reset my stats every 50 hands playing the same range of cards preflop, i would get greatly different results over a decent sample size.I would suggest you play tight aggressive. You really can't go wrong with this approach in No Limit Hold'em, especially tournaments and Sit'n Go's. Passive means calling a lot, which is almost always terrible. bump
i tryed to play agressive when i had some kind of hand, a small raise of 4 BB preflop, almost every raise got reraised with an all in.. though id go all in when i had AA, that was the end of my play :/ just don't get how some are able to get like 80k ships when i try to survive at 12k.. they bet on luck or wth :/
i tryed to play agressive when i had some kind of hand
Keep doing it.
a small raise of 4 BB preflop
That depends on quite a few factors, but 4bb is generally good
almost every raise got reraised with an all in..
Shit happens. Assume they have a reaaaaaally good hand unless the same players are clearly abusing the all-in button. If they are gonna give you an easy fold, take it and be glad you didn't lose more money. If 2 players go all-in, pay attention to the action; who raised first, who went all-in and who called then pay even closer attention to the hands they show it may end up help you make a decision later on.
though id go all in when i had AA
Don't move all-in unless there is already a decent amount of money in the pot, by the way.
just don't get how some are able to get like 80k ships when i try to survive at 12k.. they bet on luck or wth :/
Don't worry about the stack of other players unless it's to make a decision for yourself. But to answer your question, regardless of how good they are, they need to be lucky to a certain degree to have a much larger stack than the average. But i wouldn't worry about such things.

Very grateful for all the replies, really good tips! ^ ^ **** i'm gonna win a tournament soon! hopefully xD

Nice job, Jon!

Considering we have no reads;Are we check-calling a safe turn and river?I'd assume we never really play this hand for value so deep OOP?
Depends on villain and how much they bet. Say the 3bettor bets, his range is pretty strong bc he 3b pre and is c-betting multiway. Depending on what happens with the cold caller, we could call or fold.How much did the 3bettor bet>?